FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fire OS 6..3.x and play store (latest Fire HD 8)

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By lxmeta, Junior Member on 4th October 2018, 04:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th November 2018, 06:38 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxmeta

ok, just gave it a try:
Google Services Framework and Google Account Manager 7.1.2
Google Play services 14.3.66 64bit nodpi
Google Play store 11.9.14-all

After starting Google Play the Fire insisted on installing nee Google Play services. I let it do it's job.
So far it worked. I can install apps.

Hello! I've extracted from my LG G4 ( Android 6) only Google Services Framework, Google Play Services and Google Play Store, everithing works like a charm.
What is Google Account Manager and why it's needed?

I've also tried to extract the Google Account Manager both from my G4 and from Android Studio Emulator with Android 7 but when I tried to install on the Fire it says "The package is corrupt" anyone know about this error?

12th November 2018, 09:09 PM |#32  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSunsurn

Has anyone run into this on the newest version of the Fire HD 8? I go to update Google Play services and it says it is 'installing' forever (well... it hasn't stopped yet at least... I've forced stopped it a few times, and tried again, but nothing) I've tried the most up to date guide on here (October 4th 2018) and this still sits here waiting on installing services... which stuff like Google Play Books needs... I mostly want GPB because I store a lot of books on Google, and this is a great little reading device.

I'm having this issue as well... I just got my Fire HD 8 a week ago or so... I've tried multiple times, uninstalling the google apps then reinstalling. Might root it and put a custom ROM on so I can at least get my normal android apps...
13th November 2018, 04:22 AM |#33  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,868

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe.d.ziemba

I'm having this issue as well... I just got my Fire HD 8 a week ago or so... I've tried multiple times, uninstalling the google apps then reinstalling. Might root it and put a custom ROM on so I can at least get my normal android apps...

Can't root it (no known exploits); no custom ROMs. FireOS is the only option.
The Following User Says Thank You to Davey126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Davey126 Ad-Free
28th November 2018, 03:37 PM |#34  

More
Mine does the exact same thing and can't stay logged in. I do not have 2FA turned on in my Google Account and the log in from the Fire HD 8 shows up in my Google account. It just won't stay logged in. Anybody resolved this yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULightingGuy

So I got my new Tablet yesterday, loaded it up today with the exact versions you list above, it lets me log in, but then kicks me out of the play store and asks me to log in again... Hope this isn't anything to do with 2FA or anything, but I can't figure out how to stay logged in and install apps...

Edit: Yeah, it lets me login, accept the terms, then goes right back to Checking info... Which leads to the login page...
Thought I had it with a factory reset, got a few apps installed, but now won't stay logged in again...

28th November 2018, 05:22 PM |#35  

More
I followed these steps and FINALLY got it to work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacktim

I'm having trouble setting this up.

I followed the steps listed here: https://www.xda-developers.com/amazo...le-play-store/

When setting up the Fire HD 8, I did a restore from a previous backup that had the earlier versions of the google play stuff. These versions of course didn't work, so I did a reset to factory defaults and tried with these more recent versions. When I sign-in to Google Play, it just crashes the app without messaging or brings me back to the login. Any idea of how I can get past this?

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

I'll try this.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Finally got it to work.

• Turned off Backup & Restore
    Format SD card to external
    Reset to factory restart - without restore
    Saved the APKs
    Ran the Account Services first - reboot
    Ran the Services Framework - reboot
    Ran the Google play services - reboot
    Did not respond to warning to update Google Play Services
    Ran the Google Play Store - reboot
    Login to Google Play

29th November 2018, 01:06 AM |#36  

More
Quote:

ok, just gave it a try:

After starting Google Play the Fire insisted on installing nee Google Play services. I let it do it's job.

This no longer seems to work on new (Nov 2018) Kindle Fire 8 HD.

The following message appears in the notifications:
"Update Google Play Services
"Google Play services won't run unless you update Google Play services"

Updateing to Google Play Services 14.3.69 does not seem to make a diffrence either.
29th November 2018, 05:37 AM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
It works if you switch to external storage as others have mentioned. Once I got everything up and running, I was able to switch back to internal storage fine.
29th November 2018, 10:48 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Bingo! It's Working
Brand new Fire HD 8 running 6.3.0.1
I followed the directions in this thread - getting the correct android versions that matched the Fire OS base is what finally did the trick for me. Google Play is up and I can download and install to the Fire HD.
At first it would not run the SmartThings app from Google Play. I downloaded Chrome browser and set it as the default browser on the Fire HD. I restarted and checked that Chrome was still the default browser. I expected it would have reverted to Silk but not so (thanks, Amazon). I started SmartThings and was able to login and can now control all of my Z-Wave devices from the Fire HD.
Not bad for a $50 tablet. w00t!

The following variants are working for me:
Google Account Manager 7.1.2 - com.google.android.gsf.login_7.1.2-25_minAPI23(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk
Google Services Framework 7.1.2 - com.google.android.gsf_7.1.2-25_minAPI25(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk
Google Play Services 14.3.66 - com.google.android.gms_14.3.66_(040400-213742215)-14366019_minAPI23(arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk
Google Play Store 11.9.14-all - com.android.vending_11.9.14-all_0_PR_214884739-81191400_minAPI16(armeabi,armeabi-v7a,mips,mips64,x86,x86_64)(240,320,480dpi)_apkmir ror.com.apk
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ghanson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ghanson Ad-Free
8th December 2018, 07:16 AM |#39  
Seattle

More
This worked great. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanson

Brand new Fire HD 8 running 6.3.0.1
I followed the directions in this thread - getting the correct android versions that matched the Fire OS base is what finally did the trick for me. Google Play is up and I can download and install to the Fire HD.
At first it would not run the SmartThings app from Google Play. I downloaded Chrome browser and set it as the default browser on the Fire HD. I restarted and checked that Chrome was still the default browser. I expected it would have reverted to Silk but not so (thanks, Amazon). I started SmartThings and was able to login and can now control all of my Z-Wave devices from the Fire HD.
Not bad for a $50 tablet. w00t!

The following variants are working for me:
Google Account Manager 7.1.2 - com.google.android.gsf.login_7.1.2-25_minAPI23(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk
Google Services Framework 7.1.2 - com.google.android.gsf_7.1.2-25_minAPI25(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk
Google Play Services 14.3.66 - com.google.android.gms_14.3.66_(040400-213742215)-14366019_minAPI23(arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk
Google Play Store 11.9.14-all - com.android.vending_11.9.14-all_0_PR_214884739-81191400_minAPI16(armeabi,armeabi-v7a,mips,mips64,x86,x86_64)(240,320,480dpi)_apkmir ror.com.apk

9th December 2018, 09:45 PM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
adding Google Play Services app to Fire OS 6.3x
Quote:

ok, just gave it a try:

I have tried four times, unsuccessfully. After yet another factory reboot, I installed the apps is a different order:

Frame Services first

Then, Account Manager, followed by Play services, and finally Google Play store, then rebooted, updated Play store and this time it worked.
The Following User Says Thank You to dwhardee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dwhardee Ad-Free
10th December 2018, 05:28 PM |#41  

More
Quote:

ok, just gave it a try:

I have installed everything more than one time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have installed the 4 required feeds, I even tried installing 2 other feeds. I have rebooted, I have cleared cache, I have moved from internal to external. Every time I go to log in it checks and goes right back to the log in page. A note comes up about updating play services. I have tried everything I can but nothing seems to work any ideas? I have a Fire 8 8th generation.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)