Thread Closed Email Thread
Announcement from ggow: CM-12.1 for Amazon Fire 7" 2015
24th December 2015, 12:26 AM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeKoNeeKo

That video doesnt apply to my case.

He has the cm image zipped, i tried zipping mine but it errors if i try to install it as a zipfile.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

That is the one hosted in the first post of this thread, its not a zip file.

Why are you using an image file? The file provided in the first post is a zip file. Are you trying to build your own version from source code, test it in a virtual machine, and then copy it over as an image. I am so confused where you are getting an image file from.

24th December 2015, 12:31 AM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:

I dont know where I got that one.. I just redownloaded and im getting the zip file now. I was convinced I got it from this post, sorry guys

Thanks to all

If you used the supertool, it was part of that zip file. It's similar to the twrp you are using.
24th December 2015, 12:39 AM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
according to the first post, this should work on 5.1.1 right? or its not by the fastboot method to load twrp?
24th December 2015, 12:39 AM |#1004  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pond-life

If you used the supertool, it was part of that zip file. It's similar to the twrp you are using.

Oh. He was trying to flash the CM Recovery image file? I see. That wouldn't work too well, huh?

Yeah, the CM Recovery image is a recovery console just like TWRP is also a recovery console. Neither one of them are bootable operating systems.
24th December 2015, 12:42 AM |#1005  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggow

- I now have a version of CM-12.1 which is flashable from FlashFire
- I tested it by Flashing a Sanitised version of FireOS 5.1.1 + SuperSU via TWRP
- Then install FlashFire
- Then Setup a Wipe and install .zip from FlashFire and it worked fine
- There were numerous problems why it wasn't working
- I'll will update the thread with a new version shortly

By sanitized, did you mean a fresh install / restore to factory settings?
24th December 2015, 12:42 AM |#1006  

More
Quote:

according to the first post, this should work on 5.1.1 right? or its not by the fastboot method to load twrp?

If you have Fastboot ability into TWRP, I would recommend using that approach. The FlashFire app for 5.1.1 devices seems a little problematic for some. Either method will theoretically work, but Fastboot to TWRP is tried and true.
24th December 2015, 12:45 AM |#1007  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,818

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

- Use FlashFire if you FireOS 5.1.1
- If you looked at the change log on Post #2 then you will see that I fixed it today
24th December 2015, 12:49 AM |#1008  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by besweeet

By sanitized, did you mean a fresh install / restore to factory settings?

- Sanitised means I removed the bootloader and tz image and adjusted the updater-script accordingly
- This was done because I wanted to flash FireOS 5.1.1 for testing but did not want to upgrade to the latest bootloader and lose the ability to fastboot boot <images>
- It's not something you have to really worry about
- If you are in FireOS 5.1.1 and want CM-12.1 then as of today FlashFire is your ticket to achieve that
24th December 2015, 12:50 AM |#1009  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_ger07

If you have Fastboot ability into TWRP, I would recommend using that approach. The FlashFire app for 5.1.1 devices seems a little problematic for some. Either method will theoretically work, but Fastboot to TWRP is tried and true.

- Users with FireOS 5.1.1 installed cannot use Fastboot boot
- They must use FlashFire
The Following User Says Thank You to ggow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggow Ad-Free
24th December 2015, 12:54 AM |#1010  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggow

- Users with FireOS 5.1.1 installed cannot use Fastboot boot
- They must use FlashFire

Yes, I know.

From all indications (based on past statements made by NeeKoNeeKo), NeeKoNeeKo has Fastboot ability to TWRP. At least that is what he has said numerous times. Assuming he can Fastboot into TWRP, I would recommend using that method instead of FlashFire.
24th December 2015, 12:55 AM |#1011  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by codepilot

Hello ggow,

I just figured out this morning that CM 12.1 is not possible to install the usual way if FireOS 5.1.1 is installed, and now you gave me this evening the solution - perfect!

The steps I've done:

• SuperSU as described here
  • Install FlashFire as apk from here (done by
    Code:
    adb install flashfire-0.24.apk
    )
  • Downloaded your CM 12.1 file from the first post in this thread
  • Copied it with
    Code:
    adb push cm-12.1-20151222-UNOFFICIAL-ford.zip /mnt/sdcard/
    on the device
  • FlashFire => Setup wipe and flash the ZIP-file (also checked the boot-flag on!)

Everything works so far. THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORTS!!!

Based on these instructions, which wipe options should we select in FlashFire? They are:
  • System data
  • 3rd party apps
  • Dalvik cache
  • Internal storage
  • Cache partition

For flashing, we should use the "flash ZIP" option instead of "flash firmware package?" The flashing order should be CM, gapps (pico or nano), then SuperSU?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread