Announcement from ggow: CM-12.1 for Amazon Fire 7" 2015
15th November 2015, 06:05 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,821

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by csolanol

Awesome work @ggow!. @diegocr and me have been working on bring slimrom to this device. We are having some issues with WiFi and bluetooth. Would you mind to share your device and vendor for cyanogen?.
Thanks.

Hi csolanol,

- I am in the process of updating my bibucket with the most recent changes
- Having trouble with bluetooth too.
- Wifi is working fine - I got it working like this:
- put this in your device tree
- then add this to your boardconfig.mk:

Code:
WPA_SUPPLICANT_VERSION := VER_0_8_X BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_DRIVER := NL80211 BOARD_HOSTAPD_DRIVER := NL80211 BOARD_WLAN_DEVICE := mediatek BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_PRIVATE_LIB := lib_driver_cmd_mt66xx BOARD_HOSTAPD_PRIVATE_LIB := lib_driver_cmd_mt66xx WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_PARAM:="/dev/wmtWifi" WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_STA:=STA WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_AP:=AP WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_STA:=P2P
- Then add this to your device.mk or equivalent

Code:
# wifi PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \ lib_driver_cmd_mtk
- Do not include the propriertary bin/wpa_supplicant when building otherwise you will get a build error
- Instead copy it into your ROM after building.

- Hope this helps for now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggow Ad-Free

15th November 2015, 06:23 PM |#12  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 230

More
Didnt whats his face say he used the original boot.img file to flash permenatnly asop without using fastboot every time?
The Following User Says Thank You to Awesomeslayerg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Awesomeslayerg Ad-Free
15th November 2015, 06:25 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Bye-bye Fire OS
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to esmith818 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift esmith818 Ad-Free
15th November 2015, 06:26 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 714

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggow

Hi csolanol,

- I am in the process of updating my bibucket with the most recent changes
- Having trouble with bluetooth too.
- Wifi is working fine - I got it working like this:
- put this in your device tree
- then add this to your boardconfig.mk:

Code:
WPA_SUPPLICANT_VERSION := VER_0_8_X BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_DRIVER := NL80211 BOARD_HOSTAPD_DRIVER := NL80211 BOARD_WLAN_DEVICE := mediatek BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_PRIVATE_LIB := lib_driver_cmd_mt66xx BOARD_HOSTAPD_PRIVATE_LIB := lib_driver_cmd_mt66xx WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_PARAM:="/dev/wmtWifi" WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_STA:=STA WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_AP:=AP WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_STA:=P2P
- Then add this to your device.mk or equivalent

Code:
# wifi PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \ lib_driver_cmd_mtk
- Do not include the propriertary bin/wpa_supplicant when building otherwise you will get a build error
- Instead copy it into your ROM after building.

- Hope this helps for now.

Thanks, I will wait bitbucket update
15th November 2015, 06:27 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomeslayerg

Didnt whats his face say he used the original boot.img file to flash permenatnly asop without using fastboot every time?

- Yes, that was me who said that but Amazon have changed things since then.
- On the HDX at the time they were not enforcing an selinux policy
- Now that Amazon are enforcing it cannot work in the same way at least for the moment until a workaround is found.
The Following User Says Thank You to ggow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggow Ad-Free
15th November 2015, 06:48 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegocr

Thanks, I will wait bitbucket update

- Did you guys find a way of been able boot Slim without having to fastboot a boot image each time?
The Following User Says Thank You to ggow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggow Ad-Free
15th November 2015, 06:54 PM |#17  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

- Did you guys find a way of been able boot Slim without having to fastboot a boot image each time?

no, only fastboot
The Following User Says Thank You to diegocr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift diegocr Ad-Free
15th November 2015, 07:08 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

no, only fastboot

@csolanol and @diegocr

I have linked my Device Tree in the OP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggow Ad-Free
15th November 2015, 07:15 PM |#19  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@csolanol and @diegocr

I have linked my Device Tree in the OP.

Thanks a ton
The Following User Says Thank You to diegocr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift diegocr Ad-Free
15th November 2015, 07:30 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks a ton

- I built my ROM without block based image generation
- This means you can extract the ROM and use the proprietary-files.txt with the extract-files.sh to re-generate the vendor tree
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggow Ad-Free
15th November 2015, 09:27 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
@ggow you are amazing! Thank you for your work!
I've been using this for a couple of hours now and just had a few things to ask.
1. Is it possible for you to remove all mention of cellular? During the setup it asked for a SIM, and the status bar says no sim card sometimes. Obviously, this fire doesn't have a sim card slot. Is stuff like that hard coded into CM?
2. I turned the sound all the way done, but stuff like keyboard clicks still played at full volume. I turned them off in settings and it did turn them off, but sometimes I like them to be played.

again thank you for your work! CM is wayyy faster than FireOS!
The Following User Says Thank You to kylemaguire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kylemaguire Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread