FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DISCONTINUED][UNOFFICIAL] CM-12.1 [22 Nov 2016]

3,138 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,806
 
Thread Closed Email Thread
Announcement from ggow: CM-12.1 for Amazon Fire 7" 2015
15th November 2015, 09:27 PM |#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
@ggow you are amazing! Thank you for your work!
I've been using this for a couple of hours now and just had a few things to ask.
1. Is it possible for you to remove all mention of cellular? During the setup it asked for a SIM, and the status bar says no sim card sometimes. Obviously, this fire doesn't have a sim card slot. Is stuff like that hard coded into CM?
2. I turned the sound all the way done, but stuff like keyboard clicks still played at full volume. I turned them off in settings and it did turn them off, but sometimes I like them to be played.

again thank you for your work! CM is wayyy faster than FireOS!
The Following User Says Thank You to kylemaguire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kylemaguire Ad-Free
 
 
15th November 2015, 09:43 PM |#22  
Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Thank you for your work!

Could this problem hypothetically be corrected with a custom ROM like yours? Or does it depend on blobs that we can't control?
The Following User Says Thank You to martinml For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift martinml Ad-Free
15th November 2015, 10:20 PM |#23  
ggow's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,806
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylemaguire

@ggow you are amazing! Thank you for your work!
I've been using this for a couple of hours now and just had a few things to ask.
1. Is it possible for you to remove all mention of cellular? During the setup it asked for a SIM, and the status bar says no sim card sometimes. Obviously, this fire doesn't have a sim card slot. Is stuff like that hard coded into CM?
2. I turned the sound all the way done, but stuff like keyboard clicks still played at full volume. I turned them off in settings and it did turn them off, but sometimes I like them to be played.

again thank you for your work! CM is wayyy faster than FireOS!

I'll look at these two issues for the next release.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ggow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggow Ad-Free
15th November 2015, 10:23 PM |#24  
ggow's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,806
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinml

Thank you for your work!

Could this problem hypothetically be corrected with a custom ROM like yours? Or does it depend on blobs that we can't control?

Looking initially the tablet may not have square pixels. Really weird display panel.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ggow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggow Ad-Free
15th November 2015, 11:02 PM |#25  
Vlasp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plano, Texas
Thanks Meter: 275
 
More
What will happen if we don't boot the boot.img before booting up the ROM? I want to try this ROM, but without a computer and a phone with only tethered OTG capabilities, I don't think I will be able to run this ROM. Some kids in my school think it is funny to shut down things, and if they get a hold of my tablet, I won't have a working tablet for the rest of the day.
I might just go try this ROM tomorrow after making a backup of the stock ROM, and if I don't like it, I will find a wall plug and tethered fastboot the recovery and recover the stock ROM using my phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vlasp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vlasp Ad-Free
16th November 2015, 12:56 AM |#26  
Senior Member
Flag Wi
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggow

Looking initially the tablet may not have square pixels. Really weird display panel.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk

If you want to avoid using PC to reboot hot reboot works
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zach61797 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zach61797 Ad-Free
16th November 2015, 03:54 AM |#27  
Harry44's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Northern VA
Thanks Meter: 374
 
More
Thank you @ggow CM on this device has changed it 10 fold, even if we have to boot it tethered. Its a perfect little cheap tablet. Thanks for your hard work!
16th November 2015, 04:23 AM |#28  
Moogagot's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Is this when I buy a 6 pack or is that next week?
16th November 2015, 10:27 AM |#29  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Thanks so much for this! followed instructions and got it up and running.
16th November 2015, 01:45 PM |#30  
a1yet's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasp

What will happen if we don't boot the boot.img before booting up the ROM?

.
thanks for your question Vlasp . i think it is the same as mine
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggow

customise as much as you want - all will be retained

.
so here is MY question
I shut off the screen and go to bed. Fire crashes and/or auto reboots OR I turn it on half asleep not using fast boot
what happens ?
.
If it boots into Fire OS what happens to my settings/data, saved for the new ROM ?
.
if it does something else good or bad please explain
.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your hard work

I Think i LOVE you Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQyv-43334
.
16th November 2015, 02:08 PM |#31  
ggow's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,806
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1yet

.
thanks for your question Vlasp . i think it is the same as mine
.

.
so here is MY question
I shut off the screen and go to bed. Fire crashes and/or auto reboots OR I turn it on half asleep not using fast boot
what happens ?
.
If it boots into Fire OS what happens to my settings/data, saved for the new ROM ?
.
if it does something else good or bad please explain
.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your hard work

I Think i LOVE you Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQyv-43334
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasp

What will happen if we don't boot the boot.img before booting up the ROM? I want to try this ROM, but without a computer and a phone with only tethered OTG capabilities, I don't think I will be able to run this ROM. Some kids in my school think it is funny to shut down things, and if they get a hold of my tablet, I won't have a working tablet for the rest of the day.
I might just go try this ROM tomorrow after making a backup of the stock ROM, and if I don't like it, I will find a wall plug and tethered fastboot the recovery and recover the stock ROM using my phone.

- If the tablet was to reboot without the modified_boot.img then it will get stuck during the boot animation with no ill effect other than battery drain.
- Internally what would be happening is that the Zygote service will be crashing due to selinux policy denials again with no ill effect other than already mentioned.
- All your data would remain intact.
The Following User Says Thank You to ggow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggow Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes