Android Auto NOT compatible with Huawei phones

Search This thread

ninja70

Jan 21, 2007
Ho un mate pro 10 no root dual sim italiano, collegato a Golf 7 con infotainment e mi sembra che funzioni tutto tranne play musica. Riesco anche a vedere tutti i video che ho nella memoria del cellulare, tutto YouTube e navigare su internet

Emare212

Oct 26, 2014
Düsseldorf
Xiaomi 12 Pro
Huawei Mate 9 with Opel intelliLink 4.0:
Stock Nougat --> Black Screen
Rooted Stoch Oreo Beat (Dirty Flashed) --> Worked, but no Music because Phone ask if you want to allow data access (yes --> AA Closes; no --> AA works, but you have (obviously) no access to local music files)
RR Oreo Rooted with Magisk (SafetyNet Passed) --> Incompatible Device :(

bym007

Apr 17, 2006
Melbourne
I am on Mate 9 here, and using AA3 on my 2016 VW Polo HU, and everything works fine, including calls, G-Maps, music etc....

EDIT: Huawei Mate 9 on stock Android Oreo 8.0.0.370

monkeydogger

Feb 13, 2012
@WDawn Sorry, could you clarify the situation.

Are you saying that android auto doesn't run on the phone at all..... Or.... That the integration between the phone and the car multimedia system isn't working?

Just wondering as my BMW doesn't support the AA app but I still use AA in phone only mode on my LG G4 but I'm looking to upgrade to a Mate 10 Pro.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

taxus baccata

Mar 23, 2018
Hi there,

I'm on a P10 and it works as expected. I tried for the first time with a short USB Type-c cable (20cm) and my autoradio reported incompatibility problems. I read here that the cable could have a negative impact and as soon as I changed it, it started working fine.

I have a Kenwood DMX7017BTS for your records.

Hope it helps :)

Nikorasu

Jan 2, 2010
Mate 9 (Nougat and Oreo) AA working fine MINUS CALL SCREEEN, with Pioneer Z5050BT, although Waze was wonky from the start (Nov-Dec '17). With AA 3.0, everything seems quite stable on Mate9.

P10+ Nougat freezes often despite having the same setup. Funny cause they are using similar hardware.

Updated to say that call screen doesn't work. Fixed it by rooting the phone, installed google framework + google dialer and setting it as default phone app.

WDawn

May 5, 2006
Zwevegem
@WDawn Sorry, could you clarify the situation.

Are you saying that android auto doesn't run on the phone at all..... Or.... That the integration between the phone and the car multimedia system isn't working?

Just wondering as my BMW doesn't support the AA app but I still use AA in phone only mode on my LG G4 but I'm looking to upgrade to a Mate 10 Pro.

Thanks in advance
Sorry for the late reply. AA is working correctly on the phone, but the integration with the car system doesn't work like it should.

Reactions: monkeydogger

monkeydogger

Feb 13, 2012
Sorry for the late reply. AA is working correctly on the phone, but the integration with the car system doesn't work like it should.

Thanks for the reply - I managed to pop in to the local Carphone Warehouse at the weekend and tested the phone out with AA - Works flawlessly in "Handset" mode.

thavigilanteh

Mar 30, 2018
My Huawei P10 with android auto was working fine with Android Nougat.

After Huawei released the Android Oreo upgrade in my region, i was having issues connecting with android auto and i did the following to resolve it:

1) Enable USB debugging. Initially the Enable USB debugging setting would not stay selected so also enabled the setting Allow ADB debugging in charge only mode.
2) Inside the car, when the USB cable has been plugged in, a "Charging via USB" setting will appear, expand the setting and select the option "Transfer file". The default setting is "Charge only".
3) An option will appear prompting to execute Android Auto with the options "Once Only" or "Always". Select the "Always option".

I'm using stock Huawei Cable. Google maps, spotify and call screen is working. Didn't bother to test Waze as it has always been buggy.
EMUI Build Number: VTR-L29 8.0.0.360(C636)

Reactions: smatofu

midterm_2003

Jul 16, 2011
Honor V10 Android Auto issue

Not working with Honor V10 EU version ..very disappointed and going to return the phone cause of this

shadowgolf

Sep 1, 2008
Hull
Honor 9 working fine for me, Google Maps, TuneIn Radio, BBC iPlayer radio, Play Music, dialler, no problems at all.

bym007

Apr 17, 2006
Melbourne
I am on Mate 9 here, and using AA3 on my 2016 VW Polo HU, and everything works fine, including calls, G-Maps, music etc....

EDIT: Huawei Mate 9 on stock Android Oreo 8.0.0.370

Hate to eat my words, but my Mate 9 does not show Phone Dialer on AA screen like it should. Instead I see call screen on the mobile. Although once call is answered (by clicking on mobile), I can talk and hear using the car speakers and microphone.

However, this scenario is somewhat annoying, as you have to look down at the mobile screen to be able to answer any calls.

tuffluck

Dec 5, 2010
I have the Huawei Mate 10. I just installed a JVC 830BT this weekend. I thought I messed up the wiring for most of the weekend and was troubleshooting, until I had the novel idea to try my wife's Nexus 5x. It worked fine. I saw many people say the Sony XAV-AX100 worked fine so I switched to that one this afternoon when I found it local. Nope.

BTW my problems aren't as awful as others, but when I click on Maps the first time it is a blank screen with purple lines at the top. I can click off of it and then back on, so it's not the worst thing in the world. The worst thing in the world is I cannot use my steering wheel controls to answer calls or end them, and there is no touch screen ability to do the same in Android Auto with the Mate 10. But, if I don't connect Android Auto, the steering wheel controls word just fine. I spent most of the weekend trying to figure this out, what a waste. Guess it's time to go back to Pixel.

Devhux

Mar 1, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Android Auto on my friends' Mate 10 causes the head unit in his Chevy vehicle to display a black screen. Only way to restore is to turn off the car, get out & lock it for a little bit (to completely shut off the electronics).

Volume and such still works, as does the rear view camera, but otherwise there is no way to get out of the black screen. Other phones including my Pixel 2 XL work fine (once the head unit is rebooted that is).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a heads up for people that are looking out how to solve the issues with Huawei/honor phones with Android auto: Allthough this issue has been reported as early as 2016, this is still not solved. The newest models of both Honor and Huawei with Android Oreo still suffer from the same issue.

Phones reported NOT compatible with Android Auto:

Huawei P8
    Huawei P8 Lite
    Huawei P9
    Huawei P9 Lite
    Huawei P9 Plus
    Huawei P10
    Huawei P10 Lite
    Huawei P10 Plus
    Huawei Mate 8
    Huawei Mate 9
    Huawei Mate 9 Pro
    Huawei Mate 10
    Huawei Mate 10 Lite
    Huawei Mate 10 Pro
    Honor 6
    Honor 6X
    Honor 7X
    Honor 8
    Honor 9

Problems reported are
    - black screen when connecting
    - No in call screen
    - Waze not working
    - Media not playing correctly

I've made a facebook page to adress this issue and to gather the people confronted with this issue : https://www.facebook.com/Huawei-NOT-compatible-with-Android-Auto-187291041864969/
    If you are faced with this issue, like and follow this page in order to put some pressure on Huawei/Google to solve this issue. I'll post every update/possible fix on this page. Let's hope there will be a fix asap.
    @moderator of this forum: I don't want to spam this forum, just want to help out people that have this issue. Thanks for understanding.
    Huawei P10 with Oreo Beta from Spain.

Incoming call and media not working.
    Call screen not working on Honor 7x, reverts to using the built in dialer .

Edit: Waze doesn't work either.
    Huawei Mate 10 Pro here (BLA-L229 8.0.0.128(C636)), not working with AA as well. Sometimes I am able to see the time and temperature in the top right corner. Otherwise everything is black. After disconnecting the phone, the screen stays blank until I turn off the car.
    The same in-dashboard screen works perfectly with a Samsung Galaxy S7 and an iPhone 6s (CarPlay). Tried different cables (original too) and tried reinstalling AA, but no luck.
    Car is a North American Chevrolet Cruze 2016.
    Honor View 10 does not work with 2017 Seat Leon with Full Link
    Only black screen. I can hear Spotify and G assistant - any chance that Huawei/Honor will fix that?