FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][root] Android Auto 3rd party App Enabler

368 posts
Thanks Meter: 823

By manudroid19, Senior Member on 11th October 2018, 07:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Since Android Auto 3.0, third party apps have been removed from Android Auto despite having Developer Options and "Unknown Sources" checked.

Some developers have came up with a root workaround to allow these apps to show in the menu.

This workaround is dependent on current AA version to work and has always been implemented by specific apps. Some even had the unlock button in the AAuto interface

This app comes to fix that all.

It will list the currently installed AA third party apps, and will apply the workaround for them.

Instructions:
1. Get AA in developer mode and "Unknown Sources" checked. (details in steps 1-7 in this thread). Start head unit server is not needed in my tests.
2. Open the app, click "Read apps". Check the apps you want to enable in AA.
3. Click "Unlock"
4. Click "Apply".
5. Reboot.
6. Enjoy your apps

The indicator of wheter the Chimera service is enabled or not doesn't still work properly, don't take it as reference. Just click unlock every time you want to apply changes in the list.

The app will be improved whenever I have time.

Screenshot:
Quote:

Download: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904028904 (updated 15/10 with support to android 5.0 and 6.0)
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to manudroid19 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift manudroid19 Ad-Free

11th October 2018, 07:38 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manudroid19

Since Android Auto 3.0, third party apps have been removed from Android Auto despite having Developer Options and "Unknown Sources" checked.

Some developers have came up with a root workaround to allow these apps to show in the menu.

This workaround is dependent on current AA version to work and has always been implemented by specific apps. Some even had the unlock button in the AAuto interface

This app comes to fix that all.

It will list the currently installed AA third party apps, and will apply the workaround for them.

Instructions:
1. Get AA in developer mode and "Unknown Sources" checked. (details in steps 1-7 in this thread). Start head unit server is not needed in my tests.
2. Open the app, click "Read apps". Check the apps you want to enable in AA.
3. Click "Unlock"
4. Click "Apply".
5. Reboot.
6. Enjoy your apps

The indicator of wheter the Chimera service is enabled or not doesn't still work properly, don't take it as reference. Just click unlock every time you want to apply changes in the list.

The app will be improved whenever I have time.

Screenshot:

Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=283691

Wow!!! Great job. Thank you, I will test it right away. Is this still dependent on GPS version?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to datasource For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift datasource Ad-Free
11th October 2018, 08:07 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
This looks good, and I think it's exactly what I am looking for.

But I have a slight problem!

I hope this is a relevant place to ask, but please tell me if not.

Suzuki Vitara 2017 (UK) with SLDA 1860
SG8+
Rooted
Google Play Services 12.6.89
(I have disabled automatic/background updates in the hope that I can restrict this from updating as I believe newer versions cause AAMirror to stop working(?))
Android Auto 3.6.583534

AA with AAMirror was working fine, than as is the case with many people, the "AAMirror" Icon/Option disappeared from my car's display.
I looked in various places and tried various things to no avail. First I ended up not being able to connect to my car, then even on my Android, AA stopped working.
It opens, sort of swipes left-right, then just freezes and gives me a notification every 1/4 of a second or so saying "android auto collecting feedback". I can't even get to "About" and change it to developer mode, I just get the big blue arrow.

So today, I reset my phone, reinstalled AAMirror, AA, AAUnlock and now AAuto App Enabler, but AA *still* keeps freezing and giving me this notification.

Hoping someone can help.
Am I right to restrict GPS to 12.6.89?
Is version 3.6.583534 of AA appropriate?

Are these two compatible with each other?

Thanks in advance and let me know if I have missed some detail you need.
The Following User Says Thank You to Breaders For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Breaders Ad-Free
11th October 2018, 08:30 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by datasource

Wow!!! Great job. Thank you, I will test it right away. Is this still dependent on GPS version?

Works with latest GPS, but if Google changes the way of blocking apps in a new update, it will stop working.
The difference is that other implementations of this method only worked with a specific version of AAuto, while this app will work with any version of AAuto using this method for blocking. This approach was first implemented by AAMirror and AAUnlock's developer.
Credits for him, even though he obfuscated his code and I had to figure out how it was done by my own methods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaders

This looks good, and I think it's exactly what I am looking for.

But I have a slight problem!

I hope this is a relevant place to ask, but please tell me if not.

Suzuki Vitara 2017 (UK) with SLDA 1860
SG8+
Rooted
Google Play Services 12.6.89
(I have disabled automatic/background updates in the hope that I can restrict this from updating as I believe newer versions cause AAMirror to stop working(?))
Android Auto 3.6.583534

AA with AAMirror was working fine, than as is the case with many people, the "AAMirror" Icon/Option disappeared from my car's display.
I looked in various places and tried various things to no avail. First I ended up not being able to connect to my car, then even on my Android, AA stopped working.
It opens, sort of swipes left-right, then just freezes and gives me a notification every 1/4 of a second or so saying "android auto collecting feedback". I can't even get to "About" and change it to developer mode, I just get the big blue arrow.

So today, I reset my phone, reinstalled AAMirror, AA, AAUnlock and now AAuto App Enabler, but AA *still* keeps freezing and giving me this notification.

Hoping someone can help.
Am I right to restrict GPS to 12.6.89?
Is version 3.6.583534 of AA appropriate?

Are these two compatible with each other?

Thanks in advance and let me know if I have missed some detail you need.

I got problems similar to yours trying to use lastest AAuto with an old GPS, update your GPS.

I have tested my app successfully using last version of AAuto and GPS.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manudroid19 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift manudroid19 Ad-Free
11th October 2018, 09:22 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Works with latest GPS, but if Google changes the way of blocking apps in a new update, it will stop working.
The difference is that other implementations of this method only worked with a specific version of AAuto, while this app will work with any version of AAuto using this method for blocking. This approach was first implemented by AAMirror and AAUnlock's developer.
Credits for him, even though he obfuscated his code and I had to figure out how it was done by my own methods.

I got problems similar to yours trying to use lastest AAuto with an old GPS, update your GPS.

I have tested my app successfully using last version of AAuto and GPS.

Excellent, will try, thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Quote:

It worked. Thanks once again.

Now I just get an error message saying Google Play Services won't run unless you update Google Play Services! (14.3.62) But no option to update

But that's not your problem, will try and work out what's happening.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaders

Excellent, will try, thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

It worked. Thanks once again.

Now I just get an error message saying Google Play Services won't run unless you update Google Play Services! (14.3.62) But no option to update

But that's not your problem, will try and work out what's happening.

Actually, scrub that. I used "Play Services Info" to go back to the old version and update to the latest.

I feel bad for hogging your thread with my inane waffle, but will leave it up just in case it helps anyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Breaders For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Breaders Ad-Free
12th October 2018, 08:46 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Thanks for this app but i have one problem:

The app does not recognize Magisk Root. How can i fix that?

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to HofaTheRipper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HofaTheRipper Ad-Free
12th October 2018, 09:31 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HofaTheRipper

Thanks for this app but i have one problem:

The app does not recognize Magisk Root. How can i fix that?

Thanks!

I have magisk v17.1 and the app asked for root permission without any problems. Maybe you need to update magisk.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to datasource For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift datasource Ad-Free
12th October 2018, 09:52 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Ok thanks. I was on an custom Magisk 17.2.8 version - reverted back to official 17.1 and it works!
The Following User Says Thank You to HofaTheRipper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HofaTheRipper Ad-Free
12th October 2018, 11:42 AM |#9  
Flag XDA-Forum

More
@manudroid19
I have a little of confusion, I have AA unlock and AA mirror sometimes works & sometimes not.. My question is your app replace AA unlock?..Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to el_easy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift el_easy Ad-Free
12th October 2018, 12:08 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_easy

@manudroid19
I have a little of confusion, I have AA unlock and AA mirror sometimes works & sometimes not.. My question is your app replace AA unlock?..Thanks

It does the same, but applies to any app you have installed, not just AAMirror. And allows you to check which applications are currently enabled. You can keep AAunlock installed if you wish
12th October 2018, 02:29 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi,
great job, Thank you!
Unfortunately, your app will not install on my HTC ONE M8, Android 6.0, root with SuperSu, TWRP.

Everything is unlocked and works with all other apps.
I can not install only your AAuto App Enabler.

Do you have any idea?
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSide10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DarkSide10 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, app, auto, enabler, unlocker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)