To use this app you need to have the following:
- An Android Auto compatible head unit
- Torque Pro installed on your phone
- An OBD2 reader
How to use?
- Download and install the app on the phone
Start Android Auto (without connecting it to the car), open About, tap the "About Android Auto" header 10 times till you become a developer, from the top right menu, select developer options and enable unknown sources, close AA.
- Open MINI OBD2AA FREE and select up to 4 pid which you want to display on your AA screen.
- Close MINI OBD2AA FREE and connect the phone to your AA compatible unit
- When Android Auto starts on your unit select the fifth tab on the right, then by pressing it again, you will see an app selection. Now choose MINI OBD2AA FREE
Is there a Pro version with more features?
Yes there is one, here. Pro version will offer the following extras compared to this free version:
- Up to 15 gauges instead of 4
- Options to Import/Export settings
- Option to display speed camera warning in Android Auto (you need to have CamSam Plus installed on your phone!)
- Notification warning of low fuel/warm engine
- Notification of PID alarms from Torque
- Customization possibility of the Gauge style
- TPMS screen