Mirror screen on Android Auto - Disucssion thread

Search This thread

sn00x

Oct 9, 2006
Xiaomi Poco F3
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I downloaded the screen2auto app but when i try to watch Netflix it only shows audio no image i can hear the movie but no image
Netflix implemented two security restrictions:
1) It doesn't allow screenshots/captures, because it set FLAG_SECURE on it's windows. You can circumvent this with this Xposed Module. (If you already can see the Netflix menu, you can skip this step).
2) DRM secured content can't be captured. You must disable DRM with e.g. this Magisk module. As a consequence you won't be able to watch Netflix in HD any more on your phone.

That said, watching Netflix on my head unit works like a charm with my rooted Android 12 phone (Lineage OS) using aa4mg Magisk module and also with my non-rooted Android 13 phone (GrapheneOS) using this patch.

Last edited:

grandad50

Nov 26, 2023
hi and good morning can any body help me with the full process on how to downdload and install both maps and how to mirrow my phone on a sync 2 on a kuga 2016 titanium x model please i have the flash drive and ive got vLINKER FS USB i am not tech savvi sorry again for bother you all much help very much appreciated thank you

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
hi and good morning can any body help me with the full process on how to downdload and install both maps and how to mirrow my phone on a sync 2 on a kuga 2016 titanium x model please i have the flash drive and ive got vLINKER FS USB i am not tech savvi sorry again for bother you all much help very much appreciated thank you
Download the latest map update for your region from the Ford website.

Extract the downloaded files to a USB flash drive.

Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port in your car's center console.

Turn on your car's ignition and wait for the Sync system to boot up.

The Sync system will automatically detect the USB flash drive and prompt you to install the map update.

Follow the on-screen instructions to install the map update.

The Sync system will automatically detect the USB flash drive and prompt you to install the map update.

Once the installation is complete, you will be prompted to restart your car.

Mirroring your phone:

Connect your phone to the USB port in your car's center console using a USB cable.

The Sync system should automatically detect your phone and prompt you to connect to AA.

Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your phone.

Once your phone is connected, the mirroring aspect should commence.

Reactions: grandad50

grandad50

Nov 26, 2023
Download the latest map update for your region from the Ford website.

Once the installation is complete, you will be prompted to restart your car.

Mirroring your phone:

Connect your phone to the USB port in your car's center console using a USB cable.

The Sync system should automatically detect your phone and prompt you to connect to AA.

Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your phone.

Once your phone is connected, the mirroring aspect should commence.
When I go to ford and type in my vin number its telling me its up to date but I don't have maps on my car I need to unlock it with the Vlinker cable

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
When I go to ford and type in my vin number its telling me its up to date but I don't have maps on my car I need to unlock it with the Vlinker cable
Ford website is not accurately reflecting your status which kind of sucks. You may still need to unlock them using the VLinker cable. Unawareness of the latest maps that are available for your car is a headache in itself.

VLinker is a 3rd party tool:
Install the software

Connect the VLinker cable to your car's OBD-II port.

Connect the VLinker cable to your computer's USB port.

Open the VLinker software.

Select the "Unlock Maps" option.

Follow the on-screen instructions

grandad50

Nov 26, 2023
Ford website is not accurately reflecting your status which kind of sucks. You may still need to unlock them using the VLinker cable. Unawareness of the latest maps that are available for your car is a headache in itself.

VLinker is a 3rd party tool:
Install the software

Connect the VLinker cable to your car's OBD-II port.

Connect the VLinker cable to your computer's USB port.

Open the VLinker software.

Select the "Unlock Maps" option.

Follow the on-screen instructions
Can I get the software of here I know I have to format my USB drive to fat32 thanks for your help

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Can I get the software of here I know I have to format my USB drive to fat32 thanks for your help
-- Since you already know that you need to format to FAT32 formatted USB drive with at least 2GB of free space.
-- Go to the Ford website and enter your vehicle's VIN
-- Click on the "SYNC Updates" tab.
-- If there is an update available for your vehicle, click on the "Request Download" button.
-- Once the download is complete, save the file to the USB drive.
-- Insert the USB drive into your vehicle's USB port.
-- Turn on your vehicle and wait for the update to install.
Or
Using your vehicle's Wi-Fi connection
-- Make sure your vehicle is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
-- Press the "Menu" button on your SYNC screen.
-- Select "Settings" and then "SYNC Update."
-- If there is an update available for your vehicle, click on the "Install" button.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i'm running 3rd- party apps on AA 3.1.58 + GPS 12.5.29 for 2-3 weeks now. I'll release an unlock apk when i get around, but for now i prefer to wait for google to lose interest and release a new version to see if they block this method as well.
    The unlock will require root.
    Hey, i'm opening this thread since i've noticed that some other threads are used to talk about this.

As i have already mentioned it should be possible to show the screen content via http using my app (https://github.com/nerone-github/WebViewAuto) (or any other webview app to be exact).

Basically we need something which can pass user input (tap) from Car -> Phone, and the Image from Phone -> Car.

Now at least i can confirm that the second - Image Phone -> Car is not a big deal. It even works without root using this wonderful application

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.dvkr.screenstream
    https://github.com/dkrivoruchko/ScreenStream

Now all we need is the input. So anyone got an idea how to do that?

I know that this is basically "against" the Android Auto concept of providing a distraction-free UI. But ultimately this will probably never be an easy thing to do, and probably just used by experienced and hopefully responsible drivers.

screenmirror2hqtf.png
    Could someone share the APK pls
    Don't have access to a build server

Try this.
    How to use Netflix, DAZN or other video app, that block video mirroring, with AA

Install an app like Root Explorer from Play Store
    Install Tasker app from Play Store
    Download attached files and extract to a folder on PC
    Transfer the frida and mirror.js files to the device

Copy frida and mirror.js files on /system/bin directory
    Set 755 permission to frida

Open Tasker App and tap on Tasks tab
    Create new Task, set a name and select Run shell action

Into Command field write this line:

frida -e -s /system/bin/mirror.js -n buildNameApp

For netflix:
    frida -e -s /system/bin/mirror.js -n com.netflix.mediaclient

Select Use Root checkbox and click back arrow to save the task

Tap on Profile tab and add a new Profile
    Set name and choose Application action
    Select the App (in our example Netflix) and tap back arrow
    Tap on the task name created previously

If you did everything correctly when you open the video app, you should be able to see the app with Android Auto.