Mirror screen on Android Auto - Disucssion thread

171 posts
Thanks Meter: 95

By ktwo, Senior Member on 12th January 2018, 03:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th November 2019, 08:24 AM |#1891  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
The updated version from a couple days ago works great with android auto 4.8 and android 10 omni. Loads much faster and touch is more responsive.
6th December 2019, 05:13 PM |#1892  
Texas
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I have is working perfectly, except YoutubeTV,the video plays on the phone, yet is is black on the screen on the dash.

I believe that I read somewhere it is from DRM. If that is indeed the case, why am I able to mirror over to my TV?

I would appreciate some advice to get this working.
13th December 2019, 09:15 AM |#1893  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Dear all,

Thank you all for the great information in this thread. However im trying to get everything working with AA mirror for a few weeks now.
What i have:

Phone: Samsung S10e with root (magisk) -> Android 9
Android Auto: 4.9
AA Mirror: 1.0
AA Phenotype Patcher 0.85. ( i have selected AA MIRROR, AA STREAM, CARSTREAM, NETFLIX, PLEX)
Carstream: 2.0.4 (works)
AA Stream: 1.1.0 (works)

When i connect my phone i can see the AA Mirror app and when i click it i see all my installed apps. However i don't see a 1:1 screen mirror. Dont see my background, dont see my homescreen etc only my installed apps.
When i open an app it opens on my phone but on my car unit i see the icons move to the right and then it does nothing (see attachment). Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

I know that in a post somewhere here is mentioned that AA Mirror can/should be used together with ScreenStream but it should also be possible with only AA Mirror and AA Phenotype Patcher?
Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191212_220329.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	4900733  
13th December 2019, 08:36 PM |#1894  
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkske22

Dear all,

Thank you all for the great information in this thread. However im trying to get everything working with AA mirror for a few weeks now.

What i have:

Phone: Samsung S10e with root (magisk) -> Android 9

Android Auto: 4.9

AA Mirror: 1.0

AA Phenotype Patcher 0.85. ( i have selected AA MIRROR, AA STREAM, CARSTREAM, NETFLIX, PLEX)

Carstream: 2.0.4 (works)

AA Stream: 1.1.0 (works)

When i connect my phone i can see the AA Mirror app and when i click it i see all my installed apps. However i don't see a 1:1 screen mirror. Dont see my background, dont see my homescreen etc only my installed apps.

When i open an app it opens on my phone but on my car unit i see the icons move to the right and then it does nothing (see attachment). Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

I know that in a post somewhere here is mentioned that AA Mirror can/should be used together with ScreenStream but it should also be possible with only AA Mirror and AA Phenotype Patcher?

Thanks in advance.

This is probably "black screen" issue faced on Samsung phones with Android 9. You can try to find the solution by search another thread. However I recommend you to use AA Stream instead of AA Mirror. It will work for you with no problem at all

Sent from my SM-N960F via Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to zencooler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zencooler Ad-Free
17th December 2019, 11:39 PM |#1895  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I'm using Aastream with Android 10 and the latest Android Auto on my Kia OEM device. Whenever I use it Aastream, it shows my apps but only shows a black screen when trying to open any apps. Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know why?
18th December 2019, 07:45 PM |#1896  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey103

I'm using Aastream with Android 10 and the latest Android Auto on my Kia OEM device. Whenever I use it Aastream, it shows my apps but only shows a black screen when trying to open any apps. Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know why?

How i got it working:
1) Android Auto -> Settings -> press 10 (?) times on "Version" at the bottom. Developer mode is activated.
2) Android Auto -> Settings -> 3 dots -> Developer settings -> Check "Unknown" sources at the bottom
3)Install AA stream 1.1.0
4) Check "unlock fo Android Auto" within the AA stream app
5) Reboot
After this it still didn't work.
6) Install AAutoAppEnabler_v1.1
7) press "unlock" within the just installed app.
8) press "READ APPS" -> and check AA stream
9) press "APPLY"
10) reboot
11) Now start AA stream in your car.
12) a pop-up should occur that AA Stream wants to start streaming and press on allowed (? or something like it)
13 Enjoy.

Dont know if this is correct but this got it working for me on a Samsung with android 10
The Following User Says Thank You to Henkske22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Henkske22 Ad-Free
22nd December 2019, 07:01 PM |#1897  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Is this a non root method?
26th December 2019, 08:47 AM |#1898  
Flag TUNIS
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Hi
Is there a new AaMirror version that works on Samsung s9 (pie) instead of AASTREAM ?
Thanks

Envoyé de mon SM-G965F en utilisant Tapatalk
31st December 2019, 11:57 AM |#1899  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does anybody have an issue with tomtom navigation sound cut at the beginning and at the end of sentence? Is there a way to fix it? Thanks
1st January 2020, 03:38 PM |#1900  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 3

More
AAStream not working here. Android 10 Pixel 2 XL. Black screen when launching apps.

Latest AAMirror works! The apk (named mirror-debug.apk) is inside the apk folder in the downloaded source master zip file.

Or direct download
https://github.com/slashmax/AAMirror...rror-debug.apk
2nd January 2020, 06:02 AM |#1901  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by datrix

Install an app like Root Explorer from Play Store
Install Tasker app from Play Store
Download attached files and extract to a folder on PC
Transfer the frida and mirror.js files to the device

Copy frida and mirror.js files on /system/bin directory
Set 755 permission to frida

Open Tasker App and tap on Tasks tab
Create new Task, set a name and select Run shell action

Into Command field write this line:

frida -e -s /system/bin/mirror.js -n buildNameApp

For netflix:
frida -e -s /system/bin/mirror.js -n com.netflix.mediaclient

Select Use Root checkbox and click back arrow to save the task

Tap on Profile tab and add a new Profile
Set name and choose Application action
Select the App (in our example Netflix) and tap back arrow
Tap on the task name created previously

If you did everything correctly when you open the video app, you should be able to see the app with Android Auto.

I've done all these 3 times over. I've Samsung S8 Android 9 rooted with Magisk 4 days back.

When i click AA Mirror icon on Car's AA screen, the phone screen displays a message that AA is granted superuser permission but the Car's AA screen goes black.

I've just downloaded and installed AA Stream also. Yet to check it connecting phone with car.

What i observed in various posts that you need to give "grant screen capture" permission to both the apps AA Mirror and AA Stream. This permission pop up never comes in my S8. I've checked in settings-Apps-App permissions & Special access but there's no such permission in my S8 Android 9. Could this be the reason that Car's AA screen goes black?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)