FORUMS

[THEME][SUBSTRATUM] Extras For AA - Personalize look of AA

720 posts
Thanks Meter: 476

Post Reply Email Thread

Are you bored of Android Auto UI? You can't stand the fact that on your car you have two clocks on the screen? Do you want to personalize your look of Android Auto tweaking the UI to your likings?

If yes is the answer to any of the questions above, you are in the right place!

Introducing my second Substratum Theme about Android Auto!

Extras For AA + Wallpapers For AA =

Have you checked out my first substratum theme that changes Android Auto's default background? What are you waiting for? Get Wallpapers For Android Auto now and tweak Android Auto even more!

Don't know what the heck is substratum? Here's the official starting guide

Here's a preview of what this theme can do:

CUSTOM BAR MODES

One Button Two Buttons Three Buttons
One Button: navbar is just launcher icon
Two Buttons: combine launcher icon with the recent app or notification icon
Three buttons: combine launcher with notifications and recent app

Madness Mode = Clock instead of launcher icon

+N = + Notifications
+Q = + Quick access app

H = Horizontal
V = Vertical

Custom bars can also be combined with bottom bar dimension and gradients (also choose the option "gradient to custom bar")

Others:
Tweak dimensions of bottom bar and status bar
Hide Status Bar
Make heads up notifications smaller and/or translucent
Hide totally bottom bar

Wanna see more? Check out more previews!

Known bugs and FAQ:

Refer here: https://telegra.ph/EXTRAS-FOR-AA---F...N-ISSUES-10-15

Download on Xda Labs!

NEW: Extras For AA Legacy is here!
Extras For AA Legacy is the brand new flavour of Extras For AA made for normal Substratum, for who enjoys personalizing Android Auto on devices that can't run Substratum Lite!

NEW: Extras For AA Icons Special is here!
Extras For AA Icons Special is a new variant of the normal version of the theme. It features all the modifications that involve changing icons in Android Auto and it can totally go along Extras For AA.

Learn more here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=173

Download legacy version on Xda Labs!
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to shmykelsa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shmykelsa Ad-Free
28th May 2020, 10:14 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lecce

Donate to Me
More
Heya! New version for Extras for AA is live on XDA Labs!

Version 1.2 includes these sweet changes:
  • Added 3 more gradients: Brick Red, Light Blue to Magenta and Purple to Green
  • Added option for immersive mode. With this update you can fully hide status bar and bottom bar can be slimmed down up to 50% for more real screen estate!
  • Added the extra for transparent notifications (not recommended in combination with translucent notification center)
  • Gradients will be applied also to right wheel drive AA. Fellows driving in the fast lane can now enjoy gradient-themed bottom bar.

Also Extras for AA is fully compatible with Android Auto 5.3.x, including version that was out yesterday.

CLEAN INSTALL IS RECOMMENDED
If you previously built overlays of Extras for AA, it is best advised to first uninstall them. You can install them back just fine with new version.

Also if you want sneek peaks of new updates, as well as release candidates of next builds of WP4AA and Extras4AA, be sure to join the update channel on Telegram

Please don't forget to rate and review on XDA Labs. It helps the development a lot!

Keep in mind when downloads and userbase is decreasing then theme updates will also slow down by a lot and eventually stop.

So if you like my work please take a moment and give a rate!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shmykelsa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shmykelsa Ad-Free
15th June 2020, 09:09 AM |#4  
Flag Minsk
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Gabriele, good day!
I`m use, your module for AA with S2A. And like it very well
But yestrday Google updated AA to 5.4 version. AA stop to launch program menu. I reinstall all programs and found mistake:
_____
=== com.google.android.projection.gearhead (5.4.502244-release) ===

Failed to generate resource table for split ''
/type3common/values/dimens.xml:462: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'dialpad_landscape_keypad_padding_start' with value '@*com.google.android.projection.gearhead:dimen/padding_5').

________________________-

I dont know that mistake only on my phone ore due to google changes of AA

Best regards.
15th June 2020, 09:18 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lecce

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_kMT50

Gabriele, good day!
I`m use, your module for AA with S2A. And like it very well
But yestrday Google updated AA to 5.4 version. AA stop to launch program menu. I reinstall all programs and found mistake:
_____

Failed to generate resource table for split ''
/type3common/values/dimens.xml:462: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'dialpad_landscape_keypad_padding_start' with value '@*com.google.android.projection.gearhead:dimen/padding_5').

________________________-

I dont know that mistake only on my phone ore due to google changes of AA

Best regards.

I'm already on it and a fix will be rolled out soon after testing

In the meanwhile you might want to disable previously built overlays to avoid errors
The Following User Says Thank You to shmykelsa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shmykelsa Ad-Free
15th June 2020, 10:26 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lecce

Donate to Me
More
New version of Extras for AA has been pushed to XDA Labs

Update to version 1.3 if you updated AA to version 5.4. You might want to stick with older version if you did not update AA

CLEAN INSTALL IS REQUIRED
If you previously built overlays of Extras for AA, please first uninstall them. You can install them back just fine with new version.

Also if you want sneek peaks of new updates, as well as release candidates of next builds of WP4AA and Extras4AA, be sure to join the update channel on Telegram

Please don't forget to rate and review on XDA Labs. It helps the development a lot!

Keep in mind when downloads and userbase is decreasing then theme updates will also slow down by a lot and eventually stop.

So if you like my work please take a moment and give a rate!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmykelsa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shmykelsa Ad-Free
18th June 2020, 06:34 AM |#7  
Flag Malacky
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Problem with AA Extras 1.3
Hi
First of all , thank you for your work on this ussefull app .

Yesterday I upgraded AA for 5.4 version. First I uninstalled previous version of AA Extra 1.2 than install AA 5.4 and AA Extra 1.3 into substratum lite. Nearly all works fine but if I use choice in extras like "Apply gradient to bottom bar" I am not able install this theme , it is stop with error.

Can you advice me what I do wrong or inncorect?
Thank you for quick response.
18th June 2020, 09:06 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lecce

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozo1911

Hi
First of all , thank you for your work on this ussefull app .

Yesterday I upgraded AA for 5.4 version. First I uninstalled previous version of AA Extra 1.2 than install AA 5.4 and AA Extra 1.3 into substratum lite. Nearly all works fine but if I use choice in extras like "Apply gradient to bottom bar" I am not able install this theme , it is stop with error.

Can you advice me what I do wrong or inncorect?
Thank you for quick response.

Hello there!

If an error screen comes out it will surely show a log of the error. When it does, please hit the share button and share it to me here or wherever you'd like
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmykelsa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shmykelsa Ad-Free
18th June 2020, 09:15 AM |#9  
Flag Malacky

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmykelsa

Hello there!

If an error screen comes out it will surely show a log of the error. When it does, please hit the share button and share it to me here or wherever you'd like

Here you are:

theme=aaextras.rizzo.gabriele
themeVer=1.3
themeInstaller=com.google.android.packageinstaller
device=Sony G8441
swVer=47.2.A.10.80
subsLiteVer=0.5.12
errorMessage=

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@color/boardwalk_facet_bar_background').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:8: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@color/facet_bar_hairline_color').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:15: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style' with value '@style/FacetBarIcon').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:15: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_overview_solid').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:35: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style' with value '@style/FacetBarButton').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:35: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_nc_icon_seen').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:59: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style' with value '@style/FacetBarIcon').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:65: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_assistant_mic').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:73: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/demand_space_logo_background').

BDW:

Previous version of AA Extras 1.2 into AA 5.3 works fine.
18th June 2020, 02:33 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lecce

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozo1911

Here you are:

theme=aaextras.rizzo.gabriele
themeVer=1.3
themeInstaller=com.google.android.packageinstaller
device=Sony G8441
swVer=47.2.A.10.80
subsLiteVer=0.5.12
errorMessage=

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@color/boardwalk_facet_bar_background').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:8: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@color/facet_bar_hairline_color').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:15: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style' with value '@style/FacetBarIcon').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:15: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_overview_solid').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:35: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style' with value '@style/FacetBarButton').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:35: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_nc_icon_seen').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:59: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style' with value '@style/FacetBarIcon').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:65: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_assistant_mic').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:73: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/demand_space_logo_background').

BDW:

Previous version of AA Extras 1.2 into AA 5.3 works fine.

Oh I know what happened! I've left a file that wasn't supposed to be there! It will be fixed in next version coming between today and tomorrow probably
18th June 2020, 05:26 PM |#11  
Flag Malacky

More
Ok I supposed something like that. I will wait for new version. After releasing I will let you know if the problem is solved or not. Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)