FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

wireless Android auto

1,099 posts
Thanks Meter: 500

By Mahapederdon, Senior Member on 18th May 2019, 04:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I can't seem to find anything about this. A few threads about will it work with my phone and most answers are from people that don't know that it's even available. I have a oneplus 6 with the latest 9 build. Is it hardware related or software. Anyone who has any idea how this works and might know how to enable it I'd be stoked. I have a Kenwood DDX9905S that supports it and I updated it's software also.

19th May 2019, 12:47 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 290

More
In AA on your phone, is there a setting for "Enable Wireless Projection?" That needs to be on, and the phone has to initially connect and work with a USB connection, before wireless will work. After it's all set up, there's no need for the USB connection.
19th May 2019, 06:22 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poway (San Diego)

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.s

In AA on your phone, is there a setting for "Enable Wireless Projection?" That needs to be on, and the phone has to initially connect and work with a USB connection, before wireless will work. After it's all set up, there's no need for the USB connection.

I don't see that setting. Do the pixel phones have that setting?
19th May 2019, 07:49 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 290

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahapederdon

I don't see that setting. Do the pixel phones have that setting?

Yes.
22nd May 2019, 08:12 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I work in a Skoda dealership we are doing training for a new car that's coming in the next two weeks and it will have Wireless Android Auto. I think the car will have to support it but I'm not sure yet until training takes place. Will update once I know next week.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
24th May 2019, 03:58 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poway (San Diego)

More
Thanks for the info. My car stereo supports it I just don't think my phone does. And wonder what it would take to make it work.
27th May 2019, 09:44 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsreference

I work in a Skoda dealership we are doing training for a new car that's coming in the next two weeks and it will have Wireless Android Auto. I think the car will have to support it but I'm not sure yet until training takes place. Will update once I know next week.

Good, i have the skoda kodiaq and for me android auto works fine,but i don't expect it will work wirelessly
27th May 2019, 09:51 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joguirian

Good, i have the skoda kodiaq and for me android auto works fine,but i don't expect it will work wirelessly

As far as I know the car also has to support this, it will only be available on newer models or cars built after a certain week of this year.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)