FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

New apple CarPlay usb dongle for android headhunts and tablets.

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By jacobbloy, Junior Member on 28th July 2017, 04:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th March 2018, 08:08 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dummptyhummpty

I posted the link in post 83.

Thsnks but nothing with support wheel command?

10th March 2018, 07:22 PM |#112  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacConsult

The manufacturer's website, email and from 3 of their distributors....[COLOR="Silver"]

unit arrived today, black 'joying' branded dongle works perfectly on 4.4.2
13th March 2018, 03:37 PM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I recently upgraded my head unit to Hal9k ROM 2.0, which is based on Android 7.1. The zbox keep stopping when I plug in iPhone. Anybody has run this dongle in android 7.1 unit?
The Following User Says Thank You to budalb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift budalb Ad-Free
14th March 2018, 08:58 AM |#114  

More
My black ZBOX doesn’t charge my phone.
Is this something that can be remedied with software or something similar, or am I simply stuck with a faulty unit?
14th March 2018, 01:15 PM |#115  

More
It is not abnormal. The box uses a lot of current; while typical USB port only provides 0.5A. I use a Y usb cable to help charging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometownwesty

My black ZBOX doesn’t charge my phone.
Is this something that can be remedied with software or something similar, or am I simply stuck with a faulty unit?

14th March 2018, 06:25 PM |#116  

More
Thanks. So an active USB hub would solve this (if I ever find one for proper use in a car).
15th March 2018, 06:03 PM |#117  

More
Does anyone have instructions to update the firmware of the White "AutoPlayBox" CarPlay Dongle? The eBay seller I purchased from has provided a .img file and instructed me to simply "put this on a USB stick, plug the USB stick into the dongle, and it will update on it's own". Needless to say, that hasn't really worked.

I've tried multiple formats of the 32GB USB stick (FAT32 & ExFAT). I've tried dropping the .img file onto the disk as well as imaging the USB with the .img data. Nothing has produced any results.

Anyone been through this?

Thank you!
15th March 2018, 10:55 PM |#118  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RontgenM5

Does anyone have instructions to update the firmware of the White "AutoPlayBox" CarPlay Dongle? The eBay seller I purchased from has provided a .img file and instructed me to simply "put this on a USB stick, plug the USB stick into the dongle, and it will update on it's own". Needless to say, that hasn't really worked.

I've tried multiple formats of the 32GB USB stick (FAT32 & ExFAT). I've tried dropping the .img file onto the disk as well as imaging the USB with the .img data. Nothing has produced any results.

Anyone been through this?

Thank you!

can you share the firmware file? thanks!
15th March 2018, 10:58 PM |#119  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by taim99

can you share the firmware file? thanks!

This is the link they posted in the ebay auction, although I'm not 100% convinced it's not corrupt. I can't even mount it or extract it. Let me know you have any luck, please.

add a http s before this drive.google.com/open?id=1sUPulfbIMNjdUJEA6wViVMf6ebhJqhSW
18th March 2018, 02:57 PM |#120  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have the white dongle, I used the latest apk from this thread. Bluetooth works, but steering wheel controls do not.(IE FF through songs)

I can say call my work, and it calls via the head unit.

I haven't tried and xposed modules to get the SW controls to work, but that may be an option.
18th March 2018, 06:29 PM |#121  

More
I remember somebody has done that. I haven't tried it yet. There are USB hubs which use 12V DC input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometownwesty

Thanks. So an active USB hub would solve this (if I ever find one for proper use in a car).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)