FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

New apple CarPlay usb dongle for android headhunts and tablets.

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By jacobbloy, Junior Member on 28th July 2017, 04:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th June 2018, 03:18 AM |#201  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Do you have it the other way around.... An dongle.. that will allow Andriod phone on Apple Car Play?

9th June 2018, 11:17 AM |#202  

More
repacked apk is still not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkzrlo

I finally managed to download the latest updates (apk and firmware) of the white dongle, dated 20180518. Last firmware removes the annoying "use this USB" dialog that came up every single time the dongle was attached.
You can find them here:

Enjoy!

Hi arkzrlo.
Thanks for the link. Based on your other thread from piloteers forum you needed to repack the apk to be installed on 2016 Pilot HU (mine was already rooted and I was able to install other apks fine without any issues). I tried it but it did not work; the install button was grayed out. Can you please share the one you repacked? Thanks

EDIT: Thanks arkzrlo for replying in piloteers forum and provided the repacked apk.
11th June 2018, 08:56 AM |#203  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradsr12

Hi guys, I have the white dongle, but I can’t seem to get Siri to work properly.... I don’t think the unit picks up the mic in my head unit! May I ask if anyone has ideas??
Many thanks

Hello!

i have the exact same issue....Siri does not seem to work properly...I tried diff. APKs with no avail....

someone please helps us
thanks
11th June 2018, 09:27 AM |#204  

More
I didn’t at first, but now I have connection issues, again about once every hour, it just disconnect the connects again...
12th June 2018, 07:57 AM |#205  

More
Just got the black one. It has worked flawlessly without any intervention at all. It even supports wheel controls out of the. Is.

Now, I have seen people updating the usb and even the zbox app. What are the changes? Is there anything worthwhile if mine seems to be working flawlessly?
12th June 2018, 08:35 AM |#206  

More
what wheel controls can you use?
I only have 'next/previous' working on mine
let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreyirra

Just got the black one. It has worked flawlessly without any intervention at all. It even supports wheel controls out of the. Is.

Now, I have seen people updating the usb and even the zbox app. What are the changes? Is there anything worthwhile if mine seems to be working flawlessly?

12th June 2018, 10:13 PM |#207  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchir

Would this usb carplay adapter work with an Android tablet via USB OTG connection? I am hoping to use a cheap android tablet mounted as a display in the car.

I just searched this thread and didn't see anyone answer it yet.

I'm curious as well since I have a Nexus 7 in my car. I'd love to add carplay via the dongle! Does anyone know if this is doable?

Thanks!
13th June 2018, 10:11 AM |#208  

More
How the F**k do you pull up the settings on the app? I seen someone posted a screenshot of their settings, I have no idea how to access them. I have installed the latest APK, but haven't installed the latest firmware.
14th June 2018, 11:02 PM |#209  
Thanks Meter: 2,026

Donate to Me
More
New apple CarPlay usb dongle for android headhunts and tablets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNornIron

How the F**k do you pull up the settings on the app? I seen someone posted a screenshot of their settings, I have no idea how to access them. I have installed the latest APK, but haven't installed the latest firmware.

Start the app without a phone connected and there’s a little gear icon top left, you can then check for updates, update app and firmware simply by tapping upgrade if there’s one

Does anybody else have issues with making answering phone calls if the phone is connected to the headunit with Bluetooth and the app is open? I get no sound from the unit at all. Only way it works is to use Bluetooth and not open the CarPlay app or to disable Bluetooth on phone and use CarPlay app. So annoying! Is there a work around for this that doesn’t require disabling Bluetooth connection to the head-unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
15th June 2018, 05:00 AM |#210  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I highly doubt we will find a good workaround for this one as I think the best way is to have the Bluetooth disabled when you connect the phone via a cable to the dongle.
All this will loose importance when we find a way to have a Wireless CarPlay connection.
I really hope some Chinese guys are working on a project like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to techo91 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift techo91 Ad-Free
15th June 2018, 09:48 AM |#211  

More
any idea why siri can't hear me very well with this dongle? Siri hears half what I say and sometimes hears something completely diff.....help please!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)