FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

New apple CarPlay usb dongle for android headhunts and tablets.

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By jacobbloy, Junior Member on 28th July 2017, 04:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th February 2019, 10:57 PM |#501  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hey Guys,

I have a Carlinkie white USB that i brought back in 2017. I never set it up but i'm having issues with my iPhone XS Max. It won't connect. I can use my old iphone 7 plus no issues, my wife's XS no issues. I've tried powered hubs. The Y spliter to put more power in. Used different firmware. Any idea's?

26th February 2019, 01:59 AM |#502  
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 930

Donate to Me
More
I currently have the Carlinkit white box with autokit.apk. I'm having the occasional issue where the Android Auto screen is coming up with the wrong screen ratio and the floating white dot is in the upper left corner. I have to kill it in task manager and re-open it to resolve the issue. Anyone see this and/or know how to contact the developer to report this bug?

On a side note, when I run Android Auto in 720p/1080p mode it letterboxes the sides of the screen where 480p does not, it's just weird.
27th February 2019, 12:02 PM |#503  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weavus

So I've tested the following on my white unmarked (apart from a little sticker that says CPC200-Auto-CA) dongle:

Latest AutoKit - Counterfeit device
Latest AutoPlayBox - Counterfeit device
Latest zBox - zBox Not Found

Anyone got any ideas or is this thing just for the trash? Is it possible to update/restore the firmware of the device if its not being recognised in zBox or shown as counterfeit in the others? One thought I had was I've been sent a return item which has had a previous bad attempt to update the firmware...

Thanks

My device has the same model number as yours and also comes up with "Counterfeit Device" when used with AutoKit & AutoPlayBox as it's not intended to work with those APKs. However it does work with zBox. If I were you I'd focus on getting zBox to work - maybe it's not getting enough power from your HU?
27th February 2019, 02:16 PM |#504  

More
Tablet screen "squashing"
Have done a bit more testing and am re-posting this to fix some errors & omissions in my original post. These results are all from testing zBox on a Nexus 7 2013:
  • 4.5.3: CarPlay appears rendered as a square at the centre of the tablet screen, so if it's a 1024x720 screen it will be rendered as a 720x720 square (not squashed in this case). The aspect ratio is OK but much of the screen is wasted.
  • 4.5.7, 4.5.9 & 4.5.13: CarPlay fills the screen but it's in low resolution with only 4 icons across the screen and all the icons are "squashed"
  • 4.5.17: I just get a black screen with this version. No CarPlay at all.
AutoPlayBox + AutoKit APKs both report as "Counterfeit device". My device is a white "Model:CPC200-Auto-CA", firmware version 4.20.
28th February 2019, 11:44 AM |#505  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duttonst

My device has the same model number as yours and also comes up with "Counterfeit Device" when used with AutoKit & AutoPlayBox as it's not intended to work with those APKs. However it does work with zBox. If I were you I'd focus on getting zBox to work - maybe it's not getting enough power from your HU?

Thanks for confirming that, I'll try changing cables and seeing if I can get more power to the device.
12th March 2019, 09:02 PM |#506  
Flag Brisbane

More
I pulled the triger on a carlinke wireless carplay adapter today. Hopefully should resolve my charging issues. Will post a review once the slow boat from china arrives here in Australia.
12th March 2019, 09:13 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
does anyone use a dongle and has no problem with the sound when using waze
13th March 2019, 04:07 PM |#508  
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 930

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

does anyone use a dongle and has no problem with the sound when using waze

Waze works fine for me.
13th March 2019, 04:51 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73

Waze works fine for me.

Which dongle do you have. I have the black carlinkit with zbox. Waze is constantly stopping my sound
13th March 2019, 07:13 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rackxp

I pulled the triger on a carlinke wireless carplay adapter today. Hopefully should resolve my charging issues. Will post a review once the slow boat from china arrives here in Australia.

Have you found a wireless carplay adapter or I just misunderstood ?
13th March 2019, 08:55 PM |#511  
Flag Brisbane

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnReal'

Have you found a wireless carplay adapter or I just misunderstood ?

Yeah a carlinke device of Ali express.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)