49 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By CleanKM, Member on 15th September 2017, 08:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th September 2017, 10:32 AM |#11  
Flag Heidelberg
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Also check out this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...a-nav-t3489042

I stumbled upon this and was very interested. Even more when you guys started rooting it. Not trying to be rude, but unfortunately this just seems to be old, outdated and slow consumer grade hardware.
Another question I'm asking myself: Where is the difference between one of these random chinese headunits and this avinusa model? Seems to me they are just reselling for a higher price.

I was really excited for this to work because I have the old CHAMP2 headunit but seeing the thread linked above the aspect ratio is completely off.
Anyway, I basically just wanted to give you guys the link to the thread and wish you the best of luck to make something useful out of this

17th September 2017, 02:25 PM |#12  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxtor

My screen died completely today: it got stuck with the BMW logo and won't boot up properly. I contacted Avin nd was given a newer ROM dated August and instruction to reflash it using the SD card. I am now able to use it again. Let's see how long it will stay running this time and hope the new ROM is more stable.

Do you mind sharing a link to the ROM that Avin passed along? Can you take a picture of what you have in the system info screen (where the build numbers are, etc)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
17th September 2017, 02:27 PM |#13  
OP Member

More
[Avin USA] BMW F-Series
Waze was completely unbearable last night. Had to use Google Maps instead which worked without a problem...Seems to be luck of the draw with this thing.

17th September 2017, 02:33 PM |#14  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly1337

Also check out this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...a-nav-t3489042

I stumbled upon this and was very interested. Even more when you guys started rooting it. Not trying to be rude, but unfortunately this just seems to be old, outdated and slow consumer grade hardware.
Another question I'm asking myself: Where is the difference between one of these random chinese headunits and this avinusa model? Seems to me they are just reselling for a higher price.

I was really excited for this to work because I have the old CHAMP2 headunit but seeing the thread linked above the aspect ratio is completely off.
Anyway, I basically just wanted to give you guys the link to the thread and wish you the best of luck to make something useful out of this

Thanks for the link to the thread buddy! I agree that this is most likely outdated consumer grade hardware. Besides the brand name and "support", I doubt there is a difference been the no name units. I mean the interfaces basically look the exact same.

17th September 2017, 06:24 PM |#15  
OP Member

More
We might as well start documenting the MCU, OS, and APP versions that are floating around. Looks like AVIN send updates adhoc to people who are having issues instead of having a centralized update server.

Mine:
MCU: 0120aJLY-NBT-
APP: 20170711-Ver1.0.0.0001_foreign_a
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2379.HEIC.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	4275305  
18th September 2017, 12:07 AM |#16  
OP Member

More
I basically replaced the launcher today with one that is more customizable. Can't post links yet, but it's FCC Car Launcher on Play Store. Disabled Several system services and such. Also dumped the build.prop file, it is edited in the first post.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2389.jpg
Views:	1326
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	4275582   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2390.jpg
Views:	1358
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	4275583  
The Following User Says Thank You to CleanKM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CleanKM Ad-Free
18th September 2017, 04:04 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
anything we can do somehow to keep this thing from going into 24 hour time drives me crazy.
18th September 2017, 05:01 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanKM

Do you mind sharing a link to the ROM that Avin passed along? Can you take a picture of what you have in the system info screen (where the build numbers are, etc)?

I can't post link as I am a new user as well, but you can go to google drive using this:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5csZBhSUqg2eEw4S05FSWVQMDg/view?usp=sharing

I have attached a picture of the build info.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BuildInfo.jpg
Views:	924
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	4275686  
18th September 2017, 03:22 PM |#19  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxtor

I can't post link as I am a new user as well, but you can go to google drive using this:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B5csZBhSUqg2eEw4S05FSWVQMDg/view?usp=sharing

I have attached a picture of the build info.

Thanks for the file. Just updated mine. Can confirm it breaks root. EDIT: KingRoot/SuperSume process works fine in order to restore root.

18th September 2017, 07:43 PM |#20  
OP Member

More
I disabled the EZ Browser (the AirPlay/Mirroring App) in the system as well since i never used the functionality, would pop up randomly, and unneeded resource drain.
19th September 2017, 02:27 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Do i need to root to disable say ez browser
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)