Do i need to root to disable say ez browser

19th September 2017, 02:30 AM |#22  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grbspecb

Do i need to root to disable say ez browser

Should be able to do it without. Open the Android settings and goto applications, then scroll over to all. Find the program, stop it, then disable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
19th September 2017, 02:35 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
deleted, double post error.

Thank you.
19th September 2017, 04:58 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanKM

I disabled the EZ Browser (the AirPlay/Mirroring App) in the system as well since i never used the functionality, would pop up randomly, and unneeded resource drain.

Did you try getting the mirroring app to work at all? I am still thinking it may be worthwhile to give it a try as I can still use things like Android Auto if I want.
19th September 2017, 01:37 PM |#25  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxtor

Did you try getting the mirroring app to work at all? I am still thinking it may be worthwhile to give it a try as I can still use things like Android Auto if I want.

I did not have luck mirroring my phone (iPhone 7 plus) with developer beta iOS or the GM of iOS 11. I can see where it might be useful for Android, but it was worthless to me on iPhone.

19th September 2017, 03:36 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Seems to be luck of the draw with this thing.
20th September 2017, 08:07 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
@CleanKM do you have any trouble installing apps from Google play after getting the August update? I have trouble doing that and the error code is always - 106. I am totally clueless why and may have to revert back to the July update. 😠
20th September 2017, 01:54 PM |#28  
I got my car back last night and I'm also not happy with the unit. Gmaps froze and was the only app running...after restarting it, then it was fine. I uninstalled a launcher, downloaded another then it rebooted. Since it's unstable, I might wipe it but before that, I'm switching my runtime to ART as DALVIK is outdated and slow.

If this keeps up, I'm just going to buy an OEM 10" screen from eBay and send this back. I knew it was outdated from the beginning but the specs are "usable" in many ways and this crashing is NOT related to hardware specs. We'll figure it out.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

So far this damn thing bootloops after switching to ART (5 times, waited 25 minutes) Think I'll need avin to reset or this might have to go back as it's a friggin Android feature. Not like this is hacking here. What a joke.
20th September 2017, 02:02 PM |#29  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxtor

@CleanKM do you have any trouble installing apps from Google play after getting the August update? I have trouble doing that and the error code is always - 106. I am totally clueless why and may have to revert back to the July update.

I do not have any issues with the play store and August update. Have you reached out to AVIN?

20th September 2017, 02:05 PM |#30  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffc83

I got my car back last night and I'm also not happy with the unit. Gmaps froze and was the only app running...after restarting it, then it was fine. I uninstalled a launcher, downloaded another then it rebooted. Since it's unstable, I might wipe it but before that, I'm switching my runtime to ART as DALVIK is outdated and slow.

If this keeps up, I'm just going to buy an OEM 10" screen from eBay and send this back. I knew it was outdated from the beginning but the specs are "usable" in many ways and this crashing is NOT related to hardware specs. We'll figure it out.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

So far this damn thing bootloops after switching to ART (5 times, waited 25 minutes) Think I'll need avin to reset or this might have to go back as it's a friggin Android feature. Not like this is hacking here. What a joke.

Did you try the latest August update? Mine so far has been pretty stable as long as I let it fully boot up (takes about 1:40 min). I also disabled a bunch of misc system services that I wasn't using. Mind positing your MCU and AppVer?

20th September 2017, 02:11 PM |#31  
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanKM

Did you try the latest August update? Mine so far has been pretty stable as long as I let it fully boot up (takes about 1:40 min). I also disabled a bunch of misc system services that I wasn't using. Mind positing your MCU and AppVer?

I'd love to but nothing works and it doesn't boot now. (waited 33 minutes before giving up) I insert the SD Card with the update and nothing (same bootloop). Mine might be bricked all over switching to ART. Not a happy camper.

This is the time issue but at this point, I'm not sure if I even want to go any further with this:/ This code needs to be edited ---> persist.sys.timezone=Asia/Shanghai

I'll try again at lunch but it's looking bleak...I suppose I wouldn't be as upset if the iDrive side was perfect but that stretched, cut off screen irritates me along with the ambient lighting issues.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)