47 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By jorisvervuurt, Member on 3rd June 2018, 06:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th June 2018, 03:35 PM |#21  
OP Member

More
Just got an awesome reply from Rob at Icebox Auto in the UK. He has authorized me to open my head unit and the warranty will remain unaffected!

A very, very big thanks to Icebox Auto!
Great guys to deal with (especially Rob)!

@vassandrei Hope you have an answer to my previous question. Thanks again for all the help!

11th June 2018, 08:20 PM |#22  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorisvervuurt

Just got an awesome reply from Rob at Icebox Auto in the UK. He has authorized me to open my head unit and the warranty will remain unaffected!

A very, very big thanks to Icebox Auto!
Great guys to deal with (especially Rob)!

@vassandrei Hope you have an answer to my previous question. Thanks again for all the help!

I’ve taken a look at all the schematics that Witson sent me and there’s nothing that says how much current it’s meant to output... I would venture that two cameras would probably be fine. The only reason that I had a car electrician put a relay in is because in addition to the cameras I had two parking sensor systems (which had their own little speakers for beeping) connected, which might have been pushing it.
The Following User Says Thank You to vassandrei For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vassandrei Ad-Free
12th June 2018, 06:17 AM |#23  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vassandrei

I’ve taken a look at all the schematics that Witson sent me and there’s nothing that says how much current it’s meant to output... I would venture that two cameras would probably be fine. The only reason that I had a car electrician put a relay in is because in addition to the cameras I had two parking sensor systems (which had their own little speakers for beeping) connected, which might have been pushing it.

Alright, thanks.
Yesterday, I ordered a couple of JST PHD (2.0mm spacing) connectors, which I assume will fit on the PCB.
I believe they originally used PHB connectors, but I couldn't find those anywhere here (only on AliExpress) and the PHD connector looks almost identical. Hopefully the stuff I ordered will be delivered here later this week, so I can take out the radio next weekend.

You don't happen to know what the other pins on the 8-pin connector are for?
Besides that, I was also wondering what the circular DIN connector is used for? I found one photo where it shows as a DVB-T receiver connector, but I’m not sure if it’s actually for that purpose.
12th June 2018, 08:00 PM |#24  
Flag Moscow

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorisvervuurt

Alright, thanks.
Yesterday, I ordered a couple of JST PHD (2.0mm spacing) connectors, which I assume will fit on the PCB.
I believe they originally used PHB connectors, but I couldn't find those anywhere here (only on AliExpress) and the PHD connector looks almost identical. Hopefully the stuff I ordered will be delivered here later this week, so I can take out the radio next weekend.

You don't happen to know what the other pins on the 8-pin connector are for?
Besides that, I was also wondering what the circular DIN connector is used for? I found one photo where it shows as a DVB-T receiver connector, but I’m not sure if it’s actually for that purpose.

Looking at the schematics, yep. That’s what it’s for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7349AF43-4D7E-4A4C-AD69-1A475CEB29DC.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	4525043  
13th June 2018, 10:35 AM |#25  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Looking at the schematics, yep. That’s what it’s for.

Aha, okay.
Do you also have a similar schematic for the 8-pin connector that contains the F-CAM video input?
13th June 2018, 08:23 PM |#26  
OP Member

More
@vassandrei Some more good news...

Today, the connectors and wires arrived!

So, I went ahead and prepared the 8-pin to RCA cable:

Funny extra... look how they sent the connectors and wires!

I’m planning on taking out the radio tomorrow and soldering the connector on the PCB.
To be continued!
The Following User Says Thank You to jorisvervuurt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jorisvervuurt Ad-Free
13th June 2018, 10:07 PM |#27  
Flag Moscow

More
@jorisvervuurt

That looks great!

I’ve attached the schematic for the whole connector, but given the fact that it says pins 7 and 8 are fcam related (and that wasn’t true on my unit.. maybe yours is different? I’m not sure) I would take it with a grain of salt. I’m sure the connections are there but perhaps not in the same pin order.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	21FA629D-FAB3-487E-8C80-FF876CE34CF8.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	4526024  
13th June 2018, 10:26 PM |#28  
OP Member

More
Quote:

@jorisvervuurt

That looks great!

I’ve attached the schematic for the whole connector, but given the fact that it says pins 7 and 8 are fcam related (and that wasn’t true on my unit.. maybe yours is different? I’m not sure) I would take it with a grain of salt. I’m sure the connections are there but perhaps not in the same pin order.

Thanks!
I’ll make sure to check the pins before actually connecting the camera.
The FCAM+12V might be interesting as well (use that one for the front camera and the CAM-POW wire on the AV-harness for the rear camera).
14th June 2018, 05:45 PM |#29  
OP Member

More
@vassandrei Major success!

I've soldered the connector to the PCB and the front view camera works (same two pins as you used)!
I checked all pins, but unfortunately there is no 12V one; only 3.3V and 5V. I'll use the CAM-POW wire (from the A/V harness) to power the camera.

Here's a whole bunch of pictures!

Thanks again for all your help!
The Following User Says Thank You to jorisvervuurt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jorisvervuurt Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 08:03 PM |#30  
Flag Moscow

More
Wow! Looks great! I’m glad it worked out enjoy!!
The Following User Says Thank You to vassandrei For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vassandrei Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 09:08 PM |#31  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Wow! Looks great! I’m glad it worked out enjoy!!

Yeah, it worked out great.
Thanks again!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)