By realzoulou, Senior Member on 20th May 2017, 02:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th June 2018, 08:26 PM |#1141  
Flag Fuerth
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo_djk

... Is this one or do I need to look at another manufacturer?

Hi,
this is the one I use and I donĀ“t have any issues. DAB+ is working great in fore and background.

12th June 2018, 08:36 PM |#1142  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Still haven't learned how to quote here...

Thanks for the reply, so your on the Oreo version? There seems to be a few units about that look like this one, like mine, but mine is only android 6 and 2gb from memory. This one has 4gb and a different main board I suspect.

Thanks
15th June 2018, 10:08 AM |#1143  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've got a problem with downloading the logo's , always worked but now I got a message "error reading countries".
Already reinstalled the app.

I live in Belgium.

thx
15th June 2018, 11:35 AM |#1144  
Flag Almelo
Thanks Meter: 115

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausist

I've got a problem with downloading the logo's , always worked but now I got a message "error reading countries".
Already reinstalled the app.

I live in Belgium.

thx

Same here, looks like a source issues
The Following User Says Thank You to D3LTA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift D3LTA Ad-Free
16th June 2018, 04:55 AM |#1145  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 43

More
OT query: as there is some USB/USB hubs discussed here:

I have DAB unit with DAB+ app, runs well. I'm also trying to plug in a USB camera. plugged in an unpowered USB hub, both, DAB radio and USB HD camera in the hub, all works OK- BUT, occasionally, the camera for a few seconds, saved camera vision on playback picture has mish mash on screen, briefly, then normal play resumes, could that a power supply issue, power supply shortage ? should I be looking at a powered USB hub for the USB HD cam? plug 12V from ACC into hub ? reduced 12V?

DAB radio works well most of the times, haven't really noticed much issues, whenever radio has hiccups it generally shows weak antenna disnal
16th June 2018, 11:40 AM |#1146  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greater Area Munich
Thanks Meter: 251

Donate to Me
More
Confirmed. Station Logo download from VW is currently broken. They must have changed their website, so that the HTML parser in the App cant find the download links anymore.
Will have a look soon...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to realzoulou For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift realzoulou Ad-Free
16th June 2018, 07:13 PM |#1147  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Use Car's Old Carphone Antenna?
Hello, having tried the original DAB+ app. installed on the Seicane Android head unit I've fitted in our old Merc. R230 SL500, the problems encountered led me to this thread. I've gotten about a third of the way through the posts, and this app. certainly seems to address the problems - excellent work Mr Realzoulou!

The Seicane DAB USB adaptor seems to work with the car stationary, the stick- on windscreen ariel picks up a strong signal, but from what I understand this will drop out when actually travelling. So I was wondering...The original stubby ariel for the car's mobile phone dock is intact, and it would be pretty easy to adapt the plug at the end to fit the USB adaptor, but would this work, or is the frequency range incorrect? Any advice gratefully received.
The Following User Says Thank You to Suffolk tony For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Suffolk tony Ad-Free
16th June 2018, 07:33 PM |#1148  
Flag Rijssen
Thanks Meter: 24

More
The frequency is totally different. Dab is from around 180mhz to 240mhz. GSM lowest frequency is around 850mhz.

This doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a try tough

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Z2 Pro met Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to hans.vinkers For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hans.vinkers Ad-Free
16th June 2018, 07:44 PM |#1149  
Thanks Meter: 1,302

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk tony

Hello, having tried the original DAB+ app. installed on the Seicane Android head unit I've fitted in our old Merc. R230 SL500, the problems encountered led me to this thread. I've gotten about a third of the way through the posts, and this app. certainly seems to address the problems - excellent work Mr Realzoulou!

The Seicane DAB USB adaptor seems to work with the car stationary, the stick- on windscreen ariel picks up a strong signal, but from what I understand this will drop out when actually travelling. So I was wondering...The original stubby ariel for the car's mobile phone dock is intact, and it would be pretty easy to adapt the plug at the end to fit the USB adaptor, but would this work, or is the frequency range incorrect? Any advice gratefully received.

You can buy splitters that turn an AM/FM antenna into an AM/FM/DAB antenna, but they ll only work if you dont have an amplifier in the base of your OEM antenna.

If you do have an amplifier in your antenna the bat thing is to replace your OEM antenna with a roof mounted AM/FM/DAB antenna.
The Following User Says Thank You to typos1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift typos1 Ad-Free
16th June 2018, 10:03 PM |#1150  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
The car's a convertible, so a roof ariel's not an option unfortunately. If the stick- on one proves inadequate, I'll maybe give the phone antenna a try.
16th June 2018, 10:07 PM |#1151  
Thanks Meter: 1,302

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk tony

The car's a convertible, so a roof ariel's not an option unfortunately. If the stick- on one proves inadequate, I'll maybe give the phone antenna a try.

Ok a boot mounted one would do.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)