DAB+ App: (real)zoulou's modded version of com.ex.dabplayer.pad

226 posts
Thanks Meter: 251

By realzoulou, Senior Member on 20th May 2017, 02:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd June 2017, 11:35 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Will this work on a dasaita unit aswell?

2nd June 2017, 01:37 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greater Area Munich

Donate to Me
More
It should work on every Android >= 4.4.4 based on any ARM or X86 CPU
2nd June 2017, 01:43 PM |#23  

More
All i know about mine is android, all the other stuff you mentioned makes no sense i my head😂
2nd June 2017, 02:27 PM |#24  
Flag Fuerth
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by realzoulou

So the original and my modded app show a very small album picture (slide show in DAB terms), did I get this right? Maybe you could attach a screenshot?

Okay could do some screenshots and here is one...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-06-02_070403.jpg
Views:	944
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	4169075   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-06-02_070437.jpg
Views:	954
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	4169076  
The Following User Says Thank You to rigattoni For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rigattoni Ad-Free
4th June 2017, 02:15 PM |#25  
Flag Fuerth
Thanks Meter: 41

More
I changed the font size in Android to get single lined station list, but this did not change the size of the picture box.
6th June 2017, 09:34 AM |#26  
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 22

More
The first app that is really functional on my XTRON car audio. The original one crashes every time when tuning into a station. Scanning was okay, but that's all... Now I can hear DAB+ in Germany, Hannover.

Thanks very much

And now: Is it possible to extend that app, maybe creating a widget?
6th June 2017, 06:49 PM |#27  

More
station menu issue
well done, Realzoulou, but there is still an annoying issue, that should be fixed: if there are more stations scanned than can be listed on the menu's page #1, switching to page #2 fails. For example: if page #1 is showing stations #1 - #11 and you are switching from station #11 to #12 by pressing the screen's or steering wheel remote's "switch forward"-button, the menu should switch to page #2, showing stations #12 - #22. In fact, it does not. You are hearing station #12, but seeing menu's page #1 with stations #1 - #11. You can wipe with your finger to page #2, but as soon as you are pressing the "switch forward"-button to switch to next station #13, the menu will switch back to page #1. It would be great, really great, if you could fix that!
6th June 2017, 06:52 PM |#28  
Flag Rijssen
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimslo

well done, Realzoulou, but there is still an annoying issue, that should be fixed: if there are more stations scanned than can be listed on the menu's page #1, switching to page #2 fails. For example: if page #1 is showing stations #1 - #11 and you are switching from station #11 to #12 by pressing the screen's or steering wheel remote's "switch forward"-button, the menu should switch to page #2, showing stations #12 - #22. In fact, it does not. You are hearing station #12, but seeing menu's page #1 with stations #1 - #11. You can wipe with your finger to page #2, but as soon as you are pressing the "switch forward"-button to switch to next station #13, the menu will switch back to page #1. It would be great, really great, if you could fix that!

You can just slide trough the station list ? I have 1 bar on the right with 47 or so stations

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Z2 Pro met Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Ps. Zoulou is it an option to change the buffer size? That way a poor reception would be less annoying

6th June 2017, 07:51 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greater Area Munich

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tds4u

And now: Is it possible to extend that app, maybe creating a widget?

This app is still full of bugs of the current existing functionality. My goal is to minimize the bugs, not adding new functionality to it.
FYI: To change a few buggy lines in the code takes me hours of work. Adding new functionality would take me weeks and month in the way I have to modify the app.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to realzoulou For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift realzoulou Ad-Free
6th June 2017, 07:55 PM |#30  
Flag Rijssen
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by realzoulou

This app is still full of bugs of the current existing functionality. My goal is to minimize the bugs, not adding new functionality to it.
FYI: To change a few buggy lines in the code takes me hours of work. Adding new functionality would take me weeks and month in the way I have to modify the app.

Ok thanks for your quick reply. I actually have no idea how the programming works, I just have ideas

6th June 2017, 07:55 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greater Area Munich

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimslo

there is still an annoying issue, that should be fixed: if there are more stations scanned than can be listed on the menu's page #1, switching to page #2 fails.

You lucky guy, you can use your steering wheel this the app?!? I cannot with my current unit (JY-VL130N2).
This is because the DAB+ app is not prepared for the non-MTCD system apps on these JY units. But I may have found a way to fix this in the app and may be I even find a fix for the "scrolling" issue. I agree this is very annoying.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)