FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

DSP units from AndroidAutoShop.com

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By Jedimindtriks, Member on 13th June 2018, 09:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone have any experience with DSP units?

https://androidautoshop.com/search?c...r=search&s=dsp

Someone else posted a promo code for this site here on this forum but i cannot for the life of me find it again

13th June 2018, 11:42 AM |#2  
Flag Den Helder
Thanks Meter: 37

More
There are some users on the dutch tweakers.net forum that have ordered the DSP units. However, there seems to be some shipping delay.
They will post their experiences, but probably in dutch. I will relay their findings here.
13th June 2018, 12:08 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
DSP units? You mean they have an integrated DSP.... like the Xtrons units do. In fact, those units on that site look identical to the Xtrons ones.
13th June 2018, 12:22 PM |#4  
Flag Almelo
Thanks Meter: 115

Donate to Me
More
maybe they are...

http://wiki.androidautoshop.com/cate...ftware-updates

look @ the download links
13th June 2018, 01:21 PM |#5  

More
So you're paying a premium for the letters DSP.
The Following User Says Thank You to skezza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skezza Ad-Free
13th June 2018, 02:31 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skezza

So you're paying a premium for the letters DSP.

From what i understand its an actual onboard chip that gives higher volume and more control of the soundchip.

13th June 2018, 03:21 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimindtriks

From what i understand its an actual onboard chip that gives higher volume and more control of the soundchip.

Yeah of course

You're aware that the photo you attached has almost 100% of the exact same functionality as the current PX5 Xtrons/Eonon/etc, with the only difference being it's skinned up differently.

"Step right up folks, I have for you 100% pure snake oil bullshit"

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

I'll stick a fiver on now, that if you could grab the APK of that EQ, it would run on any other PX5 device. Easiest money I'll ever win.
13th June 2018, 03:50 PM |#8  
OP Member

More

Slow down with the attitude buddy. we are just trying to figure it out here

Just got this from a dev over at another forum.

EDIT* Looks like you owe me a fiver lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jedimindtriks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jedimindtriks Ad-Free
13th June 2018, 09:59 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

hi make sure you check the sub channel on that radio. I have a dsp radio there is no sound coming from the sub channel
13th June 2018, 11:33 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

http://xtrons.co.uk/dta707pl-7-hd-di...ar-stereo.html

Once again, not remotely convinced by the snake oil on that site or of the photo above.

Your suggestion is that the PX5 Xtrons and similar units don't have a DSP. They clearly do. The one above definitely has a dedicated DSP (which I was merely using to backup up my earlier point). The others have DSP's built into the chipset, rather than a dedicated DSP board. You understand this right? That is clearly the case otherwise you wouldn't be afforded the control you get. 10 band EQ which can be extended to 15 and quite a lot of customisation of the amplifier. You're also aware that you can own the biggest DSP dong on the planet..... but if your amplifier is ****, your sound will be ****. Joying have been using crappy amp chips for ages hence they sound garbage even with Viper4Audio. Finally Xtrons, Eonon and the like are using the tda7851 which is a much improved chipset and provides clear, surprisingly crisp audio. I've had people comment on the quality of audio in my car, it blows the OEM radio away and that was a BMW Professional which isn't their base unit.

The original MTCB units had no DSP at all and their amps were limited, so they had some simple software EQ'y rubbish that did bass mids treble. This carries over from the old WinCE units too. The newer PX5 and probably PX3 units have DSP's and better amplifiers. Once again, what you are talking about is a dedicated DSP and quite frankly, I'm still not convinced it isn't snake oil. You'll get a few extra tweaky options that'll provide minimal improvement.

Its your money though. If you're an audiophile mate, stop pissing around with these units altogether. Go and spend a good grand on audio equipment for your car because that's what it takes to get top quality audio. Simples
13th June 2018, 11:52 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi I have a 10.1 android 8.0 with DSP px5 which on sound is coming from the sub channel can any one help me with this problem
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)