FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Eonon GA2170

698 posts
Thanks Meter: 126

By 5ft24, Senior Member on 3rd March 2018, 05:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone else have this HU?
Uses the RK-PX5 octocore 1.6ghz processor.
Android 8.0 Oreo, 4G RAM, Octa-core & 32G ROM, Split Screen and PIP Multitasking
Had mine for about a month, and really like it
The Following User Says Thank You to 5ft24 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 5ft24 Ad-Free

3rd March 2018, 12:59 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thinking to get it. I currently have GA2162. Just wondering how quick wifi signals are on it? Considering it has no external wifi antenna like GA2162.
The Following User Says Thank You to ffthe01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ffthe01 Ad-Free
4th March 2018, 08:10 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bellingham
Thanks Meter: 126

More
I was concerned about that as well. Seems to pick up WiFi just as good as my GA2160 did. All the Xfinity wifi going down the road it grabs. Much more responsive as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5ft24 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 5ft24 Ad-Free
5th March 2018, 09:44 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Can u confirm it's really on 8.0 ?
The Following User Says Thank You to d3funct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift d3funct Ad-Free
5th March 2018, 03:01 PM |#5  

More
Thanks mate. I’m going to order it tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to ffthe01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ffthe01 Ad-Free
21st March 2018, 07:16 PM |#6  

More
I just got this model. Like it so far but just a few things I want to change.
Any luck with doing anything with the home screen? or modifying it in general?
I am looking to change the home screen apps to something besides the preinstalled ones. and change the ugly ass clock.
I a trying to remap the NAVI button to something other than google maps.
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to emanresu_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emanresu_ Ad-Free
22nd March 2018, 08:17 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
very dim screen, brightness set to 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ft24

Anyone else have this HU?
Uses the RK-PX5 octocore 1.6ghz processor.
Android 8.0 Oreo, 4G RAM, Octa-core & 32G ROM, Split Screen and PIP Multitasking
Had mine for about a month, and really like it

Hi, anyone who had this unit suffers same issue as mine, very low brightness, dim LCD screen, unpleasant to view in most time of the day, otherwise versatile in function, anyone know the issues or how to fix it, change firmware or hardware?
how this is compared to the similar faced pumpkin HU : AE0273B
Looks identical tome, and why one is 60 dollar more than the other? screen brightness ( different grade of light source, different wifi chip, etc....) Any one can afford to buy two of them and make a compassion review?
25th March 2018, 12:07 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eonon

Hi, anyone who had this unit suffers same issue as mine, very low brightness, dim LCD screen, unpleasant to view in most time of the day, otherwise versatile in function, anyone know the issues or how to fix it, change firmware or hardware?
how this is compared to the similar faced pumpkin HU : AE0273B
Looks identical tome, and why one is 60 dollar more than the other? screen brightness ( different grade of light source, different wifi chip, etc....) Any one can afford to buy two of them and make a compassion review?

I asked the very question of pumpkin on amazon and this is what they replied

"We checked the list of Eonon,and we consulted with our engineer,he informs that the bluetooth and wifi module are different,we use higher chip for this model.

We guarantee that our products and customer service would not disappoint you."

i still went ahead and bought the pumpkin. the screen is fine i added a matt screen protector as for changing the firmware i have been unable to root it and the factory reset only wipes apps and a few settings. not a full return to factory settings (found that out the hard way)
The Following User Says Thank You to omniajet13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift omniajet13 Ad-Free
26th March 2018, 08:10 AM |#9  
Flag Westlake
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
I got mine yesterday. Super responsive. Have not noticed any issues so far. As far as the brightness, my truck is limo tinted, and my radio is at a slight angle. It really does not bug me. I like it overall. I have not tried to root yet, but that is my next step. I can confirm OREO 8 on the unit.
26th March 2018, 10:50 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellaboyla

I got mine yesterday. Super responsive. Have not noticed any issues so far. As far as the brightness, my truck is limo tinted, and my radio is at a slight angle. It really does not bug me. I like it overall. I have not tried to root yet, but that is my next step. I can confirm OREO 8 on the unit.

if you manage to get root, please let us know how
26th March 2018, 03:03 PM |#11  

More
The unit is great. Far better than GA2162 but as expected wifi has poor coverage should have given that external antenna as optional.

Anyway can anyone tell me how to stop the HU to kill the app like my camera recording after it comes back from sleep. GA2162 never used to do it.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu_

I just got this model. Like it so far but just a few things I want to change.
Any luck with doing anything with the home screen? or modifying it in general?
I am looking to change the home screen apps to something besides the preinstalled ones. and change the ugly ass clock.
I a trying to remap the NAVI button to something other than google maps.
Thanks

Hold onto the app icons for few seconds, it will ask to select an app.

No you cannot get rid off ugly ass clock but you can move the main page to end and modify the first page with widgets and icons.

Go to settings >navigation and there will be an option to select an app for navigation physical button.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)