By 5ft24, Senior Member on 3rd March 2018, 05:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th April 2018, 06:47 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
you're right
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu_

Which slot is the GPS card and which one is the SD Card.
Lables are top to bottom but slots are side to side.

very good observation, I noted since day 2. I tried both slots with a offline maps, it works, noting that sided by side aslo opposite direction of insertion the cards. there are many fine thing need to be improved, this HU or similar units don't have design team or period before the production, justlike assemble and go, pack and sale generic type. but again it's half of the price of a sony touch screen.

14th April 2018, 12:59 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu_

Which slot is the GPS card and which one is the SD Card.
Lables are top to bottom but slots are side to side.

Gps slot is on the right, near the display.
Someone have a problem with a noise from the speaker?
14th April 2018, 08:55 PM |#23  

More
After some week i can write my opinion on this HU
+ Great performance
+ Great time to start
+ Good assistance
- Screen Brightness and contrast not optimal
- The pre out have a noise if the amp have an high volume
- The border are high and the visualization of the screen is not optimal
The Following User Says Thank You to capo76 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift capo76 Ad-Free
14th April 2018, 09:44 PM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by capo76

After some week i can write my opinion on this HU
+ Great performance
+ Great time to start
+ Good assistance
- Screen Brightness and contrast not optimal
- The pre out have a noise if the amp have an high volume
- The border are high and the visualization of the screen is not optimal

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!
16th April 2018, 10:23 AM |#25  

More
Quote:

After some test, i have found some problem...
1 - The display, with sun, is not bright
2 - After every reboot, i lost my wheel command configuration
3 - My USB 3g Dongle is not compatible with Oreo and i must do the root for install PPP Widget for use it

I have send a message to eonon via messenger and they send me the link for a firmware upgrade EONON-px5_8.0_kld10_ota_20180131.rar

Now i try this one but probably i install the Malaysk Custom ROM , but i'm not sure because this rom is too younger.

has anyone already installed this rom on this hu?

Is it possible to get the firmware from you?

Greets
Mike
16th April 2018, 05:05 PM |#27  

More
Thx
[QUOTE=capo76;76246148]Sure.

Thanks for sharing, thoughts and you're abs right, the GPS SD slot is medial ( near screen) located, and when you insert it in that slot, the system will display GPS (SD icon), if in the other slot, no GPS and only SD icon, but I tried both slots, downloaded maps can be read on both sides,
Interestingly enough, I can't imitate the GPS driving direction, I can only use the maps, and of course Google voice /assistant is not working if I don't connect to internet via WiFi. did you try offline maps GPS navi?
Online via my phone works as expected.
When the HU is engaged in night mode, is your side button illumination lights flick/flash at a fix interval or not? ( my case, is around 5-6s on and off.... very headache)

I tried many occasions during the day time, the LCD screen is wicked dim and lacking of acceptable contrast, so after a month, I can confidently say it's a very inferior quality ( I understand it's not a VA panel or Oled), but to this era, every portable GPS or android phone sold in Bestbuy or online, have a much better screen this this, ( with respect to the price),
16th April 2018, 05:54 PM |#28  

More
[QUOTE=eonon;76249625]
Quote:

Sure.

Thanks for sharing, thoughts and you're abs right, the GPS SD slot is medial ( near screen) located, and when you insert it in that slot, the system will display GPS (SD icon), if in the other slot, no GPS and only SD icon, but I tried both slots, downloaded maps can be read on both sides,
Interestingly enough, I can't imitate the GPS driving direction, I can only use the maps, and of course Google voice /assistant is not working if I don't connect to internet via WiFi. did you try offline maps GPS navi?
Online via my phone works as expected.
When the HU is engaged in night mode, is your side button illumination lights flick/flash at a fix interval or not? ( my case, is around 5-6s on and off.... very headache)

I tried many occasions during the day time, the LCD screen is wicked dim and lacking of acceptable contrast, so after a month, I can confidently say it's a very inferior quality ( I understand it's not a VA panel or Oled), but to this era, every portable GPS or android phone sold in Bestbuy or online, have a much better screen this this, ( with respect to the price),

For the gps i use waze when im online an here we go for the offline. I have download rhe map with my phone on the wifi home and then i have copied the file in my radio sd.
For the display i dont know if is a quality problem. The price of this radio is very low if you think an octa core with 4 gb ram. Probably the poor display is the regulatory of the price.
I dont have the problem with buttons illumination. Do you have connected also the illumination wire of the radio?
This model is also identical at the new pumpkin hu. If this model have a os best performance we can try a change probably, i hope
16th April 2018, 06:41 PM |#29  

More
Does it support video output (headrest monitor)?
17th April 2018, 02:37 PM |#30  

More
Quote:

Sure.
This is the original link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/145v...WAYwbbHcp/view

THX for the Link
23rd April 2018, 09:22 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I buy this hu a month ago and install it to my car a few days ago. Its my first hu ever.
I have already reset a lot of times the hu because some google apps crashing a lot.
The steering wheel commands have lose the settings 2 times.
The most weird thing is that I reset the hu 3 times and the steering wheel setting was working after the reset.
I am thinking to install the custom rom but am not sure how to do it. (the 2nd sd card step confusing me)
What about this file from the eonon? How I install it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)