By 5ft24, Senior Member on 3rd March 2018, 05:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th June 2018, 08:35 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcullen

Hi all,
Just got the GA2170 head-unit the other day and already love this thing, aside from the daylight screen washout a bit. Seems to work pretty nicely, but still had to mess with it, as I am a tinkerer. I attached some pics of a heat-sink mod I did, wish i took more but general idea is there.
The super thin and crappy heat-spreader on the PX5 is awful and ran high in temps with only a few .................................p.goo.gl/w9KdDgnF8KjPhzix2"]photos.app.goo.gl/w9KdDgnF8KjPhzix2[/URL]

Hi, thanks Man, great ideas, and bold act, cheers, I agreed with what you siad, but dislike of putting a fan there, it's not fun to have a fan. could you add extra thicker heat sinks, passive fanless.
regarding the screen, what's model of that, can you have any cracks to increase its brightness, and possisble of adjust contrast as weak, but i believe the factory already increased the contrast to its maxium and the brightness as well, there is little room to improve, I really dislike the HU, I attempted to get ride of for $200 plus a mint conditioned free 37-39 LCD HD TV, and could't, I can't return it either, the custome service ignored me.
2, what's the wi-fi module it has, it really sucks, is there a way to change it as well?
The HU is very buggy, I still have't remove the factory screen protector, do you really love this unit? I was very impressed. I tried to love it, but failed, the idea is great but the product is no faltering.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

[QUOTE=lagos911;76495060]Hello, I can confirm the bad quality of screen brightness at GA2170. They provide screen protector which is able to make it better but I no doubt about that. In my country the most of the days are sunny and that make the unit pretty useless. Imagine if you are trying to get directions for a location... I think this is the reason why eonon have the most cheap units. My friend get some days later a noname unit from aliexpress for his car with same chipset ram etc and the screen quality was so much better than eonon. Plus that my friend car glasses dont have sunshade (I have install at my car have sunshade). And I am pretty sure that any firmware or software update will make it better. This is a hardware issue. What ever.

Thanks, totally agreed!, screen sucks, I tried to return after I powered it the day after, but customer service ignored me, then I tired to re-sell it for $200, but failed, it's headache , I wish I bough a larger android phone ( or as you said a tablet) as alternative , big mistake. plus I can't flush fit on a double din frame,

7th June 2018, 10:39 AM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I try to return it back as well. They confirm I can send it back and request to give them the the shipping tracking number. But the shipping cost from europe to hong kong is 200 euros. And I buy the unit it for 250 euros. So its a trap. Becareful guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to lagos911 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lagos911 Ad-Free
7th June 2018, 06:10 PM |#73  

More
Thank you for the info
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagos911

I try to return it back as well. They confirm I can send it back and request to give them the the shipping tracking number. But the shipping cost from europe to hong kong is 200 euros. And I buy the unit it for 250 euros. So its a trap. Becareful guys.

agreed, and had the same feeling.
13th June 2018, 10:34 AM |#74  

More
Hi i want to root my Eonon GA2170 does anyone know how?

Thank You.

Goboo
18th June 2018, 10:25 PM |#75  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goboo

Hi i want to root my Eonon GA2170 does anyone know how?

Thank You.

Goboo

You must install a pre rooted rom like Malaysk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)