FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

FCC Car Launcher [official thread]

548 posts
Thanks Meter: 229

By SpeedFire-, Senior Member on 20th July 2017, 04:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, all!

Welcome to the official thread for FCC Car Launcher - a customizable auto launcher for android head units (Rockchip MTCB/MTCD+ and FlyAudio) as well as android smartphones/tablets.

Its major features:
- Full function launcher with supports of all standard third party android widgets
- Deep integration with head units (MCU etc). My mission here is to implement as many functions in the launcher itself as possible. In case of Rockchip devices to get rid of most xposed modules (my deep respect to their authors, great job, but they sometimes slow down the device significantly) and replace them with the normal built-in functions.
- Customization. The FCC Cat Launcher has some built-in customizable widgets which can help to make your home screen more personal (you can adjust widgets size, colors, features etc).
- Built-in music widget with support of FM Radio (with ability to give names to radio stations), Spotify, Google Music, PowerAmp, PC Radio, Neutron and Stellio players.
- One-click navigation widgets with quick route building (supports Waze, Google Maps, Yandex Navigator and other navigation apps).
- Phone calls via connected phone using 'Ok Google call [name]' request or by clicking on built-in Contact widget.
- Other features.

Screenshot:

Links:
Release channel: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ycontrolcenter
Beta channel: https://play.google.com/apps/testing...ycontrolcenter
(I would suggest to stick with the release channel since beta channel can be really buggy sometimes and is intended for beta testers only)

As a developer I will be happy to discuss with you any ideas or issues.

Here is a couple of tutorials:
1) Quick look on home screen setup process:

How to write LogCat log:
You need to have ROOT:
1. Install LogCat Extreme LogCat Extreme
2. Select VERBOSE level of details (very important) Video 1
3. Write and send log: Video 2

Initial setup (do this if you see black screen):
Important checkbox during first setup:

https://gph.is/2K3PpnL
Please make sure to check that checkbox "Always allow FCC Launcher to add widgets..".

Full setup process:

https://gph.is/2to7xye
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SpeedFire- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SpeedFire- Ad-Free

20th July 2017, 05:14 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Thank you! Great launcher in deed! I really love many options, customisations and support for widgets!

Using it for some time and works great on MTCB with Malaysik ROM.

Highly recommended.
20th July 2017, 09:08 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Does this run under Android Auto?
20th July 2017, 11:02 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne

Does this run under Android Auto?

I don't think so. Not tested at least.
21st July 2017, 12:57 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFire-

I don't think so. Not tested at least.

Well it was posted in the Android Auto forum so thought I would ask. Seems its not relevant to this section then.
21st July 2017, 02:30 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CadillacMike

this would be the right forum

Agreed. I've already asked moderators to move this thread there (along with the other launcher's threads which are located here). Hope they can do this.
23rd July 2017, 06:37 AM |#8  

More
Altitude widget
Quote:

Agreed. I've already asked moderators to move this thread there (along with the other launcher's threads which are located here). Hope they can do this.

Great to have this official thread at right place

I would like to suggest new widget, if you are wiling:

Altitude. In addition to existing build-up widgets (odometer, speed), it would be nice to have altitude. For some of us enjoining off-road adventures in high mountains, it would be nice to have a snap view of GPS altitude.
23rd July 2017, 11:32 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa.ko

Altitude. In addition to existing build-up widgets (odometer, speed), it would be nice to have altitude. For some of us enjoining off-road adventures in high mountains, it would be nice to have a snap view of GPS altitude.

Thank you for suggestions!
I've just sent a new version to BETA channel with two new features:
1. Auto-brightness with relatively good control on the levels:

2. Altitude widget
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpeedFire- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SpeedFire- Ad-Free
24th July 2017, 05:36 AM |#10  

More
Quote:

2. Altitude widget

Wow! Great! Never seen such prompt reaction to feature requests Thanks!

BTW, your auto brightness control is great. For users wondering why so many sliders I'll tell that I struggled with 'dumb' auto brightness (with no additional control beside day/night levels) as they are either too bright or too dimm in dusk or dawn. So it is great to have it customisable to your needs.
24th July 2017, 04:33 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

2. Altitude widget

Latest beta crashes of I go to FCC settings (enters the main settings screen but crashes if I select FCC settings). So I could not access new auto brightness config to check how it works.

Altitude works nicely. I'll suggest to round it to integer (remove decimals). Decimals take valuable space in widget and are basically useless as GPS altitude precision is in meters (even tens of meters to be exact in commercial GPS units)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto, car launcher, launcher

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)