FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

FCC Car Launcher [official thread]

449 posts
Thanks Meter: 176
 
By SpeedFire-, Senior Member on 20th July 2017, 04:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th July 2017, 04:33 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 139
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFire-

Thank you for suggestions!
I've just sent a new version to BETA channel with two new features:
1. Auto-brightness with relatively good control on the levels:



2. Altitude widget

1.
Latest beta crashes of I go to FCC settings (enters the main settings screen but crashes if I select FCC settings). So I could not access new auto brightness config to check how it works.

2.
Altitude works nicely. I'll suggest to round it to integer (remove decimals). Decimals take valuable space in widget and are basically useless as GPS altitude precision is in meters (even tens of meters to be exact in commercial GPS units)
 
 
24th July 2017, 04:36 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 176
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CadillacMike

Latest beta crashes of I go to FCC settings (enters the main settings screen but crashes if I select FCC settings). So I could not access new auto brightness config to check how it works.

Ok. Thanks for info. I'll check. What type of device do you have?
For now you can access the same setting from Brightness widget.
The Following User Says Thank You to SpeedFire- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SpeedFire- Ad-Free
24th July 2017, 11:41 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 176
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa.ko

1.
Latest beta crashes of I go to FCC settings (enters the main settings screen but crashes if I select FCC settings). So I could not access new auto brightness config to check how it works.

2.
Altitude works nicely. I'll suggest to round it to integer (remove decimals). Decimals take valuable space in widget and are basically useless as GPS altitude precision is in meters (even tens of meters to be exact in commercial GPS units)

Hopefully both of the issues are fixed in new beta.

New feature:
- Ability to launch any selected app by clicking on the following widgets: Time, Distance, Av.speed, Altitude (see their preferences)
The Following User Says Thank You to SpeedFire- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SpeedFire- Ad-Free
25th July 2017, 08:55 AM |#14  
Senior Member
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Would you please allow to add third party music player widget in your app.
25th July 2017, 09:03 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 176
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizu3544

Would you please allow to add third party music player widget in your app.

They are allowed. This launcher supports all third party android widgets.

Moreover it has a built in music widget which supports: fm radio (with ability to give names to radio stations), Spotify, Google Music, PowerAmp, PC Radio, Neutron and Stellio players.
27th July 2017, 08:34 PM |#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
I suggest to make a YouTube video on a how to/overview of the launcher. The price is a bit high . I will rate this launcher now at a max of 3.99 dollars. For the premium version. Now it looks like you what to make fast money . I see this before with a lot of new apps. At the and it all goes wrong. Sorry to say this. Thanks for the nice developments at this stage
27th July 2017, 09:14 PM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Maybe a stupid question, but how do I delete a widget?
27th July 2017, 10:31 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 176
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBk

Maybe a stupid question, but how do I delete a widget?

Hold a finger on it for a second and move the widget to the cross:
28th July 2017, 12:18 AM |#19  
Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Been using this launcher for the past couple of days. Works really well (px5 head unit). Gonna try to make a video of it soon. Keep updating and adding features, before this I was using Car Launcher Pro, but that seems abandoned. Basically what I'm always looking for is an attractive and functional launcher where buttons and text are large. Could we get a screensaver with time, current song, speed, and weather info on a black background (like in Car Launcher pro, only there it only showed time)
28th July 2017, 09:58 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 176
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vassandrei

Could we get a screensaver with time, current song, speed, and weather info on a black background (like in Car Launcher pro, only there it only showed time)

I think I can, but first I need to understand better why don't you just setup a separate screen with large widgets (this is all possible with FCC Launcher). Many users told me that the launcher helped them to get rid of screensavers since all the info can be made large enough and is available.

So, what do you really want from screensaver what is not available now via home screen? Thanks.
28th July 2017, 10:01 AM |#21  
Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFire-

I think I can, but first I need to understand better why don't you just setup a separate screen with large widgets (this is all possible with FCC Launcher). Many users told me that the launcher helped them to get rid of screensavers since all the info can be made large enough and is available.

So, what do you really want from screensaver what is not available now via home screen? Thanks.

mainly a black background, dimming of the screen, and nothing but time , song, and weather on the screen.

now that you mention it, i could probably just set that up on the home screen, just clean it up and do a black background.

good to see other Russians making awesome stuff! I live in Krasnogorsk, not far from you

EDIT: I also have a problem getting the phone dialer to work. It keep saying that it doesn't have bluetooth connectivity and to change the profile. Now, i've tried both mtcd profiles and even the other ones and it doesn't want to connect to it. What should I try? I am on a px5 system.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto, car launcher, launcher

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes