FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

FCC Car Launcher [official thread]

449 posts
Thanks Meter: 176
 
By SpeedFire-, Senior Member on 20th July 2017, 04:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th July 2017, 10:01 AM |#21  
Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFire-

I think I can, but first I need to understand better why don't you just setup a separate screen with large widgets (this is all possible with FCC Launcher). Many users told me that the launcher helped them to get rid of screensavers since all the info can be made large enough and is available.

So, what do you really want from screensaver what is not available now via home screen? Thanks.

mainly a black background, dimming of the screen, and nothing but time , song, and weather on the screen.

now that you mention it, i could probably just set that up on the home screen, just clean it up and do a black background.

good to see other Russians making awesome stuff! I live in Krasnogorsk, not far from you

EDIT: I also have a problem getting the phone dialer to work. It keep saying that it doesn't have bluetooth connectivity and to change the profile. Now, i've tried both mtcd profiles and even the other ones and it doesn't want to connect to it. What should I try? I am on a px5 system.
 
 
28th July 2017, 11:29 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 176
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vassandrei

I also have a problem getting the phone dialer to work. It keep saying that it doesn't have bluetooth connectivity and to change the profile. Now, i've tried both mtcd profiles and even the other ones and it doesn't want to connect to it. What should I try? I am on a px5 system.

Phone calls on PX5 weren't supported in release (we didn't have testers etc.). I've tried to add support in today's BETA. Please check and confirm if everything is ok / not ok (please use MTCD profiles).

In today's BETA I've also tried to add Album covers in Player widget. It will probably be buggy and require access to notifications, but these are just first steps.
28th July 2017, 11:36 PM |#23  
Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFire-

Phone calls on PX5 weren't supported in release (we didn't have testers etc.). I've tried to add support in today's BETA. Please check and confirm if everything is ok / not ok (please use MTCD profiles).

In today's BETA I've also tried to add Album covers in Player widget. It will probably be buggy and require access to notifications, but these are just first steps.

will do. I still have to switch myself over to the beta channel. I'll report back tomorrow on what works and what doesn't.
30th July 2017, 11:00 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 176
 
More
In today's beta:
- AutoVoice integration (third party app, you need to install it, enable service and add it to the white list) for
a) building routes to NaviLink widget names ('Ok Google go Home')
b) calling people based on Contact widgets names ('Ok Google call Mike')
The exact phrase doesn't really matter. If FCC Car Launcher finds any NaviLink or Contact widget's name in 'Ok Google' command it performs action (either builds route or makes a call). So you can impress passengers with pretty complex phrases that will look like talking to the real AI
This can be disabled in Other settings,
- Small changes to MODE interception
The Following User Says Thank You to SpeedFire- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SpeedFire- Ad-Free
31st July 2017, 08:04 PM |#25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Beta testing this on the car since today, after spending a few hours on my tablet. Pretty awesome, this is all AutoMate and Android Auto should be! After I sort out all the little glitches I will be buying the paid version as well; already suggesting it to a few car mates too.

The only annoying thing for now (except random crashes expected from beta apps) is the fact that I cannot seem to remove unwanted apps like tire pressure monitoring. The problem is that they make the apps screen cluttered, removing them would make finding apps way easier. Any way to do so? Do you plan to allow it in next versions?
31st July 2017, 08:24 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 176
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBk

Any way to do so? Do you plan to allow it in next versions?

Yes. It is planned. This was requested a couple of times by users, but there was no time to do that. I will try to return to this issue soon. Thanks!
1st August 2017, 02:21 PM |#27  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
That's excellent! Another thing I would love to have (no idea if possible) is the ability to have a dedicated live map screen, or a resizeable map widget, pretty much like AutoMate does. I found it extremely useful and I believe it would be a great addition.

Keep up the great work!
1st August 2017, 02:27 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 176
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBk

That's excellent! Another thing I would love to have (no idea if possible) is the ability to have a dedicated live map screen, or a resizeable map widget, pretty much like AutoMate does. I found it extremely useful and I believe it would be a great addition.

This is kind of my dream. Unfortunately, as opposed to AutoMate here it needs to be a widget - which is a (significantly) more functionally limited object. But I still hope to do this some day.
1st August 2017, 05:06 PM |#29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 139
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFire-

This is kind of my dream. Unfortunately, as opposed to AutoMate here it needs to be a widget - which is a (significantly) more functionally limited object. But I still hope to do this some day.

There are some map widgets in Play Store.

But I like this - live wallpaper
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...b.mapwallpaper
Looks very cool with FCC. It allows to have other widgets as overlay.
The Following User Says Thank You to pa.ko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pa.ko Ad-Free
3rd August 2017, 01:13 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 176
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBk

I cannot seem to remove unwanted apps like tire pressure monitoring. The problem is that they make the apps screen cluttered, removing them would make finding apps way easier. Any way to do so? Do you plan to allow it in next versions?

Done! Now you can hide any app you want by a simple drag-and-drop action:
The Following User Says Thank You to SpeedFire- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SpeedFire- Ad-Free
3rd August 2017, 04:19 PM |#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 139
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFire-

Done! Now you can hide any app you want by a simple drag-and-drop action:

Great! Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto, car launcher, launcher

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes