FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[How To] Update you QuadCore R16 Tonghai AllWinner TopWay Eincar from 4.4/5.1 to 6.0

790 posts
Thanks Meter: 109

By nosidefcp, Senior Member on 12th July 2017, 09:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th July 2017, 04:21 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Windows 64bits. Go here http://www.teamandroid.com/2017/05/2...le-usb-drivers

Method 1 manual download zip. Extract, copy all files except source.properties and paste them in
C:\Program Files (x86)\AllWinnertech\PhoenixSuit\Drivers\ADB_Driver

Install the phoenixsuit again and when prompted to install.google usb driver click yes. You wilk see that the driver has been correctly installed. Finish phoenixsuit instalation. After this the pc should detect fine the flash state of the headunit
The Following User Says Thank You to nosidefcp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nosidefcp Ad-Free

15th July 2017, 04:59 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Will this work on my unit?
15th July 2017, 05:12 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More
Yes it will if you do it correctly
16th July 2017, 05:17 PM |#14  

More
I format the comnputer, didi all the steps fine, but when te radio reboots after push the green button it said that didint recognice the usb(error 10 cant iniciate ), dont khow if its a issue with the flash state in my radio.

offtopic: I dont have rds text on the radio, its checked in extra options, do you know how fixit?

Thankyou
17th July 2017, 03:20 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More
ive made a video of a 4.4 unit upgraded to 6.0
The Following User Says Thank You to nosidefcp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nosidefcp Ad-Free
18th July 2017, 06:47 PM |#16  

More
Hey! I was able to do it al the end, but after reebot (end of point 6) radio boots on normal mode, and im not able to update from the radio menu to put the last firmware, i will try to enter recovery mode to use it.

Do you know if i can use iqnavi with android 6.0?

Thanks a lot
18th July 2017, 09:33 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member

More
what last firmware? the one ive put, 4 files, is the most updated one, already with root, etc. yoy have to put the 4 files in the root of a formated usb fat32 and force flash of the device. with the home button pressed, turn on unit, maintain home pressed, click reset one time, maintain home pressed, when flash screeen appears, release home button.
19th July 2017, 01:05 AM |#18  

More
Thanks, i will try tomorrow!
19th July 2017, 08:41 PM |#19  

More
Hey, can someone upload photos of the installation and android 6 on the head unit?
Does it support Android usb audio source?
20th July 2017, 11:25 AM |#20  

More
I did it finaly! Thank you, ay the last i bought red mod soft for 6.0 the only thing i still want its the rds text

Thank you again
25th July 2017, 05:35 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosidefcp

Hi guys. as promised, i decided to make an how to, so you can update your headunits, commonly known as QuadCore R16, to android Marshmallow.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dick-jones For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dick-jones Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)