FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[How To] Update you QuadCore R16 Tonghai AllWinner TopWay Eincar from 4.4/5.1 to 6.0

790 posts
Thanks Meter: 109

By nosidefcp, Senior Member on 12th July 2017, 09:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th July 2017, 05:35 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosidefcp

Hi guys. as promised, i decided to make an how to, so you can update your headunits, commonly known as QuadCore R16, to android Marshmallow.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dick-jones For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dick-jones Ad-Free

27th July 2017, 08:31 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey guys,
try this today and...good and bad news.
First, everything works. Installed PhönixSuit, then Google drivers and the PCUpdate at the Unit. Connect with the USB and it worked.
The Unit reboots and the big "andriod" sign and...nothing.
Ok, seems that stuck in bootloop.
Did all the things described here with recovery and format data/wipe cache there...then on second stick update the new software and then reboot...and the same. Only the big "android" on screen...
Did recovery again, installed software again....and the same. Only the big black screen with android on it...
Seems that i still stuck in bootloop...
What can i do?

Thx Dennis
27th July 2017, 10:27 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109

More
So after update with phienix suit, you got in bootloop big android logo. Then flashed the recovery provided and with a keyboard formated factory reseted, wipe cach and rebooted. After this you have to turn off the unit completly and make a.force flash of the provided firmware(the one.with 4 files)
28th July 2017, 03:12 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Schrotty

Hey guys,
try this today and...good and bad news.
First, everything works. Installed PhönixSuit, then Google drivers and the PCUpdate at the Unit. Connect with the USB and it worked.
The Unit reboots and the big "andriod" sign and...nothing.
Ok, seems that stuck in bootloop.
Did all the things described here with recovery and format data/wipe cache there...then on second stick update the new software and then reboot...and the same. Only the big "android" on screen...
Did recovery again, installed software again....and the same. Only the big black screen with android on it...
Seems that i still stuck in bootloop...
What can i do?

Thx Dennis

same thing happened to me.

repeat the step with phoenixsuit again
but use Full Format this time round.
28th July 2017, 01:10 PM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahfish22

same thing happened to me.

repeat the step with phoenixsuit again
but use Full Format this time round.

Hey folks,
thx for the reply.

@ nosidefcp: i did, but maybe my fault was that i did not switch off the unit complete...

@ ahfish22: how do you set the unit in flash state? if i connect my computer i hear the usb connect sound but poenixsuit say "no connect"...
also if i boot from the recovery menu in "bootloader", i hear the sounds but nothing more...
under 4.4.4 i used the pcupdate.apk but with no android

Thx Dennis
29th July 2017, 12:16 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Quote:

under 4.4.4 i used the pcupdate.apk but with no android

You need to disassemble the HU. See the video inside the archive Android 6.rar.
The Following User Says Thank You to dick-jones For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dick-jones Ad-Free
29th July 2017, 12:40 PM |#27  

More
Ahhhhh....
Was not the answer i would like to hear...)

Ok, will try this today and Tell what happen...
Thx
29th July 2017, 04:03 PM |#28  

More
Quote:

Ahhhhh....
Was not the answer i would like to hear...)

Ok, will try this today and Tell what happen...
Thx

Thank you so much guys...it works.
I follow all steps in the Video and it worked. Don't know what happens before

So again, thank you all and all the best...
Greetings Dennis
21st August 2017, 12:54 AM |#29  

More
with the 6.0 will you have more app space?
22nd August 2017, 08:29 PM |#30  

More
Hi can i use that firmware to upgrade my HU?

Processor type: Quadcore-R16 1.6G sun8i
Android version: 4.4.2
MCU: 5.3.19-11-10-453101-161124
System version: 4.5.10_20161226

Manufacturer: tw
ID: astar_y3-eng 4.4.2 KVT49L 20150921 test-keys
23rd August 2017, 03:36 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Question I am struggling....
OK, I am fairly familiar with Android and flashing ROMs, using ADB, fastboot etc. However I cannot for the life of me get this working and I am beginning to suspect the head units USB ports are not what they seem.

I have been through the Phoenix Suite install (many times...) and I have managed to get both the drivers sucessfully installed (the Google USB driver and the AllWinner USB device). With nothing connected to the USB ports on the PC I have a USB device with a yellow triangle (USB Device(VID_1f3a_PID_efe8). Windows 7 device manager just says 'The device cannot start' - I am not sure if this is an issue or not?

When I run the PCUpdate app on the head unit to put it into flash mode the screen goes either white, black or has lines down it so I am guessing this is correct and its doing what it should. However I get nothing detected on the PC. I have moved USB ports on the PC and on the head unit but I get nothing.

I have verified that an Android phone with USB debugging enabled is detected correctly by the PC And when I manually install the Google USB drivers I can run ADB commands so I am fairly sure the PC is OK. If I reboot the head unit and enable USB debugging from the developer menu nothing is detected and this is why I am suspecting it may be the USB ports on the head unit. There are only two USB ports that come from the connector on the rear labelled 'USB'. There are no other USB ports, however there is an iPOD port?

Any help is appreciated.

Andy
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)