Info about steering wheel buttons

Search This thread

Polloloko

May 2, 2007
Hello,I have a SEAT IBIZA 6L(2002 to 2008) and that model don't have canbus.

I need to use Steering Wheel Control Interface and I need your recomendation for my car.
I attach a image for my central dashboard.

Thanks a lot :)

Adrián

Attachments

• dVr7D7v.jpg
    dVr7D7v.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_0034.jpg
    IMG_0034.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 405

ikerg

I need to use Steering Wheel Control Interface and I need your recomendation for my car.

Adrián
You need a universal model (and perhaps a frame adapter if your headunit fit is not a standard double din size) . Check on dasaita (Aliexpress) for the px5 Android 6 version.
Your steering wheel controls will be kept as they are resistive. You have to assign functions to each key into specific headunit app

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: Polloloko

Polloloko

May 2, 2007
Your steering wheel controls will be kept as they are resistive. You have to assign functions to each key into specific headunit app

But some cars needs a special harness because I dont have canbus in my car.With my last radio of Alpine I need a harness to work with the steering wheel control.
Thanks

ikerg

Common brands of headunits (Alpine, pioneer, Sony...) support specific resistance for the steering wheel signals. The can bus you mention converts the resistive ot coded signal (not in your case) into specific signal to be read by that brands.
The Android headunit I mentioned can grab the resistive signal (any).
In the case your car has can-bus coded steering wheel buttons..you can use the same can bus you used for the Alpine and the Android headunit will grab the signals coming from your can-bus box

Polloloko

May 2, 2007
Common brands of headunits (Alpine, pioneer, Sony...) support specific resistance for the steering wheel signals. The can bus you mention converts the resistive ot coded signal (not in your case) into specific signal to be read by that brands.
The Android headunit I mentioned can grab the resistive signal (any).
In the case your car has can-bus coded steering wheel buttons..you can use the same can bus you used for the Alpine and the Android headunit will grab the signals coming from your can-bus box

Finally I bought a Erisin ES5086V https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Erisin-ES5086V-7-Car-GPS-8-Core-Android6-0-DAB-Radio-for-Passat-Polo-Jetta-Seat/32812973576.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.srxxFJ that is similar of Dasaita and send it to Spain.

I think that model I can change the fw and update like dasaita or similars.

Polloloko

May 2, 2007
You need a universal model (and perhaps a frame adapter if your headunit fit is not a standard double din size) . Check on dasaita (Aliexpress) for the px5 Android 6 version.

@ikerg some vendors tell me that I need that adapter/harness ( http://www.connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/CTSST002.2 )
and other say that I don't adapter because the radio is also with Iso connector and can bus built in.

Thanks

ikerg

Dont buy it at the moment.
Try the headunit when you receive it as it is.
If you can't use your steering wheel buttons, use the app to make the headunit learn the signals for steering wheel buttons.
If anything worked....then you have to buy a can-bus box.
But...if you still have your old can bus box you mentioned before (take some photos) you will (more than probably) to use it without buying anything else

Polloloko

May 2, 2007
If you can't use your steering wheel buttons, use the app to make the headunit learn the signals for steering wheel buttons.
But...if you still have your old can bus box you mentioned before (take some photos) you will (more than probably) to use it without buying anything else

Ok when I receive the unit I try and I tell what happends.

Thanks a lot

Polloloko

May 2, 2007
:rolleyes:

I try to configure the butons with the app and try to configure but nothing works,the manual say yo Connect the two swc cables to anode and gnd to catode but not work or work bad.Any idea?

Attachments

• IMG_07072017_205435_HDR.jpg
    IMG_07072017_205435_HDR.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_07072017_205105.jpg
    IMG_07072017_205105.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 393
  • 1499454092778216839159.jpg
    1499454092778216839159.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 395

Polloloko

May 2, 2007
And another problem the unit not enter correctly in the car...I need to cut some plastics for the back of the console :(

Attachments

• IMG_07072017_215509.jpg
    IMG_07072017_215509.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_07072017_215104_HHT.jpg
    IMG_07072017_215104_HHT.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

jbyram2

Jul 12, 2017
I found that I needed to connect my Mazda 6 to Eincar head unit as follows:

EINCAR - SW1 goes to Mazda SW1
Eincar - SW2 left unconnected
Mazda SW2 connected to car chassis ground

The steering wheel resistor/switch network in my car had no ground connection, but the head unit was monitoring resistance to ground to detect button pushes. With no ground connection it always read infinite resistance and did nothing.

brudr

Sep 21, 2017
this was similar on my Honda.
From the Honda wiring harness, "REMOTE GND" (brown in my case) to ground; "REMOTE CTL" (green/red) to EinCar Key SW1 wire. EinCar Key SW2 wire left disconnected.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Adrián