Joying Intel Sofia - All you need to know - micro tutorials - Q&A

811 posts
Thanks Meter: 280

By edit, Senior Member on 2nd June 2017, 07:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd June 2017, 04:43 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thanks that all sounds like good steps if the Mic was always like that. However it worked fine prior to Android 6 update. And still works fine, it only causes interference when the bluetooth dialer overlaps with Google Maps.

3rd June 2017, 04:52 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tervinder

Thanks that all sounds like good steps if the Mic was always like that. However it worked fine prior to Android 6 update. And still works fine, it only causes interference when the bluetooth dialer overlaps with Google Maps.

I am curious if with the internal mic you encounter the same problem...
Have you wiped the unit after the update?
You updated from what version to what version?
3rd June 2017, 05:45 PM |#13  

More
Is there any way to disable the external mic without just unplugging it? As it is currently installed in my truck and would be tedious to remove.

Yes I wiped the unit after the May 25 update, but did not wipe it prior to the update. Possibly the issue?

I went from May 12 to May 25 update recently, but I'm not sure when the interference started. I know 100% it worked on the last newest 5.1 update.
3rd June 2017, 07:46 PM |#14  
Flag Stapel
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Can someone confirm that the radio skins are working?

Dooing all those steps and i can see in cmd that it should work but when i reboot i still have the original radio app.

Thank you and greetings
4th June 2017, 02:29 AM |#15  

More
Eureka!! I figured it out. I ended up factory resetting, reflashing, and then resetting again. However the problem of terrible noise with Bluetooth Calls during Google Maps still persisted. I was quite disheartened, I also noticed if I hit the home button during the call the call quality would return to normal. So I knew it was something to do with Google Maps. My last ditch effort was to go into the Google app and disable "Ok Google Detection in Google Maps" and VOILA I tested a call during the same scenario and no weird interference! So if anyone else has this issue, just do as stated. Finally, I think my head unit is near back to where I want it.

Cheers Thanks again for all the Q/As it helped greatly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edit

That sounds like mic/cable interference to me. It a hardware problem. If you are using the external mic, from my testing (unit tested on my desk at home) the mic cable is not shielded at all and picks up really easy all the interference that the unit gives out and the one you are talking to on the phone hears all these strange sounds that the mic cable pics up.
1. first test mic cable is ok, test that is plugged in correctly, make a Google + voice call again, if the sound is bad go to step 2
2. unplug the mic, the one near the screen will take over, do the test again ? is it better? I bet it's better
3. if it's better you need an mic with good shielded cable
4. if the call test it's not better and the sound is same bad quality that means that you have an hardware issue related to the internals, mic, flat cables.
5. you can either have a look in side and check if all the flat cables inside the headunit and properly inserted
6. or you can send the unit for warranty repairs

The Following User Says Thank You to Tervinder For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tervinder Ad-Free
4th June 2017, 08:17 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tervinder

Eureka!! I figured it out. I ended up factory resetting, reflashing, and then resetting again. However the problem of terrible noise with Bluetooth Calls during Google Maps still persisted. I was quite disheartened, I also noticed if I hit the home button during the call the call quality would return to normal. So I knew it was something to do with Google Maps. My last ditch effort was to go into the Google app and disable "Ok Google Detection in Google Maps" and VOILA I tested a call during the same scenario and no weird interference! So if anyone else has this issue, just do as stated. Finally, I think my head unit is near back to where I want it.

Cheers Thanks again for all the Q/As it helped greatly!

Thank you for returning with a solution to your problem.
Tried to recreate your issue on my unit but I could't. (paired phone, google maps, google app installed, calling my phone while google apps running)
Do you have Google Assistant (velvet.apk) installed by any chance?
4th June 2017, 08:45 AM |#17  

More
No I dont have Google Assistant (velvet.apk) installed. Just have the latest v6.3 nokill w/ gvs installed. My unit is JY-UL135N2.

Just noticed my bluetooth connection sometimes drops after ahwile on my phone, and I have to reconnect. Almost thought I was all fixed, damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edit

Thank you for returning with a solution to your problem.
Tried to recreate your issue on my unit but I could't. (paired phone, google maps, google app installed, calling my phone while google apps running)
Do you have Google Assistant (velvet.apk) installed by any chance?

6th June 2017, 12:16 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
unable to control volume
followed your guide for installing viper4android. i cant control the sound (radio) with the volume wheel. It is just set to a certain level and whenever i start the HU i can barely hear the sound till it jumps to the fixed audio level. anyone exp the same issue?
6th June 2017, 01:29 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommal

followed your guide for installing viper4android. i cant control the sound (radio) with the volume wheel. It is just set to a certain level and whenever i start the HU i can barely hear the sound till it jumps to the fixed audio level. anyone exp the same issue?

That is a weird issue. Are you sure it started after you installed Viper? What unit and android version do you have?
I've installed Viper on 2 unit models, Joying with the 5009 SOM and with the 6021 SOM. Both units has volume wheel not the crappy touch volume bar. I've never had any issues.
6th June 2017, 04:10 PM |#20  
Flag Stapel
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Viper4Android working perfect on my device.
It is just wow what this does with the sound...
Greetings

Headunit: JY-UM128N2
6th June 2017, 05:03 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clandaries

Viper4Android working perfect on my device.
It is just wow what this does with the sound...
Greetings

Headunit: JY-UM128N2

I've never had any luck rooting devices in the past... I mean, I didn't corrupt anything, I just couldn't get it to do it. Was it easy on this unit?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)