FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Joying Intel update - Feb 22nd

1,055 posts
Thanks Meter: 157
 
By CadillacMike, Senior Member on 22nd February 2017, 01:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Looks like there is a new Feb 22nd update:

https://www.carjoying.com/Joying-blog/59.html
The Following User Says Thank You to CadillacMike For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CadillacMike Ad-Free
 
 
22nd February 2017, 02:30 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
When we update does that wipe everything?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
22nd February 2017, 03:03 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad212

When we update does that wipe everything?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

i haven't done the new update yet, but in the past it has
22nd February 2017, 03:07 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 322
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad212

When we update does that wipe everything?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Not quite everything. The last update left my apps still installed, but cleared all application data including accounts, home screen, etc. I would assume this would do the same. I may install later today and do a diff of the packages to see if there is anything new.

Titanium backup works pretty well to backup and restore the data after the upgrade.
22nd February 2017, 07:00 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Oh wow! Exciting stuff. I'll try this tomorrow maybe.

I really wish they would put SOME kind of changelog
22nd February 2017, 08:03 PM |#6  
dayanandgp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Regensburg
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustden

Not quite everything. The last update left my apps still installed, but cleared all application data including accounts, home screen, etc. I would assume this would do the same. I may install later today and do a diff of the packages to see if there is anything new.

Titanium backup works pretty well to backup and restore the data after the upgrade.

Would be nice if you could let us know if you found something useful !! they have no changelog and it sucks not knowing what they fixed.
23rd February 2017, 04:45 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Just tried the update. Seemed to work okay, except when it booted for some reason it wouldn't load the stock Joying launcher. I had to use touch wiz to open Nova Launcher to navigate. Not sure what happened I may try to reinstall the firmware.
23rd February 2017, 04:57 AM |#8  
dayanandgp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Regensburg
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tervinder

Just tried the update. Seemed to work okay, except when it booted for some reason it wouldn't load the stock Joying launcher. I had to use touch wiz to open Nova Launcher to navigate. Not sure what happened I may try to reinstall the firmware.

Do you see any obvious updates? Some bugs which we saw in last firmware like apps not resuming after standby etc?
23rd February 2017, 06:07 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayanandgp

Do you see any obvious updates? Some bugs which we saw in last firmware like apps not resuming after standby etc?

That has been solved already by gustden's modifications.

What I'm interested in is have they fixed the too bright minimum brightness of the screen? Apart from that the unit is pretty close to perfect already.
23rd February 2017, 06:14 AM |#10  
dayanandgp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Regensburg
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonof

That has been solved already by gustden's modifications.

What I'm interested in is have they fixed the too bright minimum brightness of the screen? Apart from that the unit is pretty close to perfect already.

Actually that apk is not working for me outside default launcher U01 I don't know how it is working for you..
23rd February 2017, 06:22 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Reinstalled Feb.22 firmware but the stock Joying Home launcher is not working. It seems it didn't install properly or something. But I can revert into Nova Launcher that I had previously installed. Seems CarMediaSettings button has changed names to Car Settings, however I cant turn off the annoying Key Button Tone as the option has disappeared. It's late here so will test more tommorow, but I got the device rooted again. I will try the display brightness shortly. Curious to see if anyone else has problems like this as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes