13th June 2018, 07:04 PM |#91  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zwolle
Thanks Meter: 643

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanb1i

GTX, can you please tell if this core upgrade will be the same as the units you & Surfer are developing for? I'm about to push the button to purchase, but want to be sure it's the right one first.
https://www.joyingauto.com/joying-fy...ore-board.html

Yes, it is. If you check the 3rd and 4th photo of your Joying link, you can see it is a FYT6026 model.
I currently have the 6026 model, be it with 2GB memory.
The Following User Says Thank You to surfer63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surfer63 Ad-Free

13th June 2018, 07:57 PM |#92  
Charlottesville, VA Area
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Thanks Surfer for the reply, but it's supposed to be 4x32g "Joying FYT Android 8.0 Oreo Update 4GB+32GB Core Board". That was what made me ask the question. I saw it was FYT, but knew you had the 2gb x 16 gig version. Will the rom be the same for both cores?
13th June 2018, 08:01 PM |#93  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zwolle

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanb1i

Thanks Surfer for the reply, but it's supposed to be 4x32g "Joying FYT Android 8.0 Oreo Update 4GB+32GB Core Board". That was what made me ask the question. I saw it was FYT, but knew you had the 2gb x 16 gig version. Will the rom be the same for both cores?

I have the 2GB+32GB version.

The intermediate QD models (so the "non FYT" models) that Joying sold, but no longer, were either 2GB+16GB, or 4GB+32GB.
The FYT models are 2GB+32GB or 4GB+32GB

But to be absolutely sure, I would simply send Joying a mail.

Edit: I will change the title of this thread from "PX5 2GB" to "PX5 2GB+32GB"
13th June 2018, 08:35 PM |#94  
Charlottesville, VA Area
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer63

I have the 2GB+32GB version.

The intermediate QD models (so the "non FYT" models) that Joying sold, but no longer, were either 2GB+16GB, or 4GB+32GB.
The FYT models are 2GB+32GB or 4GB+32GB

But to be absolutely sure, I would simply send Joying a mail.

Edit: I will change the title of this thread from "PX5 2GB" to "PX5 2GB+32GB"

I have sent Joying an email. They pointed me to the link I put up. The description says "Joying FYT Android 8.0 Oreo Update 4GB+32GB Core Board" and you saw the pictures that showed FYT6026. Unfortunately there's no details or specifications on the web page.
I won't get a reply to my Joying email until morning, so I will send another asking if this is indeed 4gbX32gb and see what they say.

To get my other question answered... Will the development you & GTX are doing work on either the 2x32 or the 4x32 boards or do I need to be sure I get the 2x32 core board?
UPDATE:

So I bought the core upgrade (4x32gb), installed it yesterday & I'm very happy with it so far. I did install 2-40mm heatsinks and it stays cool (~35-40C) even tho it's ~100F here now!
It's much more responsive than the sofia unit!
14th June 2018, 01:25 AM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloggedb

Just did the update on my unit. I seem to have lost the option to turn the key tone off in the sound settings, anyway to get this back? And I also seem to have the slight buzz. I tried grounding to the chassis of the radio but that didnt seem to help. I also cant get Andriod Auto to work with Zlink just says no phone connected.

I noticed the key tone settings are missing too, it becomes annoying really quickly.

Also my display calibration is off, the colors are washed out:

Waze - Washed out

Waze with popup - bacground not washed out

I think it has something to do with the 'Display Settings' in Factory mode- the black and white gradient stops changing about 1/2 way through the scale, no matter what brightness/contrast is set

Display Settings
14th June 2018, 02:58 AM |#96  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have the JY-UM128N4PX5 and I recently emailed Joying about the clock never keeping the correct time (there are other annoying issues I want them to fix but I thought that fixing the clock would be an easy one---not so)! The clock would always run fast no matter what settings I tried (like Automatic Update Time and Date from Internet, etc). I tried changing it to 24 hour format too but nothing fixed it...
Joying sent me a firmware update (TP6735_v4.44R_csA001.bin), which I installed today at lunch. Now the clock keeps time better but it still runs fast. I think it became +5 minutes fast over about 4 hours between lunch and when I got off work. Has anyone else had this problem? Or know how to fix it?
When the clock runs fast it affects things like ETA on navigation apps and it's just incredibly frustrating!
14th June 2018, 11:02 AM |#97  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zwolle

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Phrink

I have the JY-UM128N4PX5 and I recently emailed Joying about the clock never keeping the correct time (there are other annoying issues I want them to fix but I thought that fixing the clock would be an easy one---not so)! The clock would always run fast no matter what settings I tried (like Automatic Update Time and Date from Internet, etc). I tried changing it to 24 hour format too but nothing fixed it...
Joying sent me a firmware update (TP6735_v4.44R_csA001.bin), which I installed today at lunch. Now the clock keeps time better but it still runs fast. I think it became +5 minutes fast over about 4 hours between lunch and when I got off work. Has anyone else had this problem? Or know how to fix it?
When the clock runs fast it affects things like ETA on navigation apps and it's just incredibly frustrating!

Note that your ...N4PX5 is a different hardware/software model than the models discussed here. Your hardware/software is a QD model. Our models are FYT software/hardware based. I do not experience any time issues at all.

I assume you have already been playing with the time & date settings, like the "automatic date and time" and "automatic time zone", etc.
14th June 2018, 12:23 PM |#98  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zwolle

Donate to Me
More
Root (superSU) and Xposed in 2½-3 weeks??
Maybe a bit premature to mention it now, but I just want to let you know I'm working on it.

Last weekend I created a 64-bit SuperSU installer to root the unit (untested) and today I created a 32-bit Xposed installer (untested) for the FYT PX5. Some who have followed this thread (and the other PX5 thread) might have noticed that I was busy with it. Due to the fact that our bootloader/boot image can't be modified we need to follow a peculiar way. Hence a forced 64-bit and forced 32-bit version as not to overwrite each others files causing a boot loop.
As I go on holidays in 2 days needing my car, I will not test right now.
In about 2½ weeks I will start testing and let you know whether I have screwed up or whether I'm successful. As we now have a flash-able ROM image from Joying we can start testing.
The Following User Says Thank You to surfer63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surfer63 Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 12:27 PM |#99  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer63

Note that your ...N4PX5 is a different hardware/software model than the models discussed here. Your hardware/software is a QD model. Our models are FYT software/hardware based. I do not experience any time issues at all.

I assume you have already been playing with the time & date settings, like the "automatic date and time" and "automatic time zone", etc.

Thanks for the reply, surfer63. Sorry for posting in the wrong place! Yes, I've played with all the time settings--the clock always runs fast. But I will try to find a more appropriate forum. Do you know where I can get more info on the QD model? Thx again!
14th June 2018, 12:36 PM |#100  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zwolle

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Phrink

Thanks for the reply, surfer63. Sorry for posting in the wrong place! Yes, I've played with all the time settings--the clock always runs fast. But I will try to find a more appropriate forum. Do you know where I can get more info on the QD model? Thx again!

It's not a big deal, just that you might get more answers or users with the same issue in https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...units-t3786831
15th June 2018, 12:43 AM |#101  
Flag Tsu
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Who can show me the steering key selection screen of FYT model?
Because it was great dissatisfaction that HOME and RETUREN can not be selected with the steering key at JOYING-SoFia model.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)