Thanks Meter: 484

By gtxaspec, Senior Member on 30th January 2018, 08:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th June 2018, 09:31 PM |#1701  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 2

More
@gtxaspec @bigsteve01
Got in, opened up custom.apk and verified the recovery. It was on stock. Reflashed the stock recovery verified again then rebooted. Stuck on the pink lights again. USB stick is plugged in with latest joying firmware. Now waiting for it to boot back in.... Can stock firmware be installed via TWRP as in selecting the 5009_60.zip?

12th June 2018, 09:56 PM |#1702  
Flag Zwolle
Thanks Meter: 643

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxaspec

It's not kernel related, it's a HAL related library that changed and broke it.

Sorry, that's correct. I mixed up the USB restrictions built into the kernel with the V4A issues.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3LTA

Just put a sdcard in it with joying stock rom and power cycle it to start flashing?

Couldn't find any real brick info in this topic..

There was a lot of info on the several bricks that can occur, on the now removed carjoying forum. There was a thread containing a lot of info on the recovery, partitions, etc. and what should be done in case of several brick types.
(That all disappeared in December/January when Joying seemed to go through a bankruptcy followed by a restart of the company. This was never official but even Joying mentioned in some communication that they still had the data "of their old customers".)
12th June 2018, 09:56 PM |#1703  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Okay that's clear, do you have info on that, any HAL librarys or info on your GitHub?

One other thing I want to verify

You flash back the stock recovery after flashing gtxrom in twrp

Why not leave it on for easy flashing? Or do i miss something

If I mess up my HU ROM, can I flash stock without a working android just like my previous HU?

Just put a sdcard in it with joying stock rom and power cycle it to start flashing?

Couldn't find any real brick info in this topic..

We flash the stock recovery in case something goes wrong during installation for safety, you can always recover back to stock.

I don't have info on which, I haven't had time to track down which library. It's one of them in /system/lib
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtxaspec For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gtxaspec Ad-Free
13th June 2018, 06:51 AM |#1704  
Flag Almelo
Thanks Meter: 115

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

We flash the stock recovery in case something goes wrong during installation for safety, you can always recover back to stock.

I don't have info on which, I haven't had time to track down which library. It's one of them in /system/lib

Okay that's clear..

There are alot of them in system/lib, you don't mean the v4a*.so files right?

Any particular reason why you don't use magisk in rom?

If I change to magisk it would be easier to test and develop modules
13th June 2018, 07:13 AM |#1705  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Okay that's clear..

There are alot of them in system/lib, you don't mean the v4a*.so files right?

Any particular reason why you don't use magisk in rom?

If I change to magisk it would be easier to test and develop modules

We are unable to modify the boot partition, which is a requirement for magisk.

The library .so files are the ones relating to the Android framework... Somewhere...in one or some of them...something broke audio.
13th June 2018, 07:49 AM |#1706  
Flag Almelo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

We are unable to modify the boot partition, which is a requirement for magisk.

The library .so files are the ones relating to the Android framework... Somewhere...in one or some of them...something broke audio.

Thanks for the info @gtxaspec, got some debugging to do.. maybe i can pinpoint the issue...

the fact that the units is in my car makes it harder then develop and debug a phone
13th June 2018, 12:42 PM |#1707  
Flag Almelo

Donate to Me
More
@gtxaspec

check out this folder

It is from the website
http://wiki.androidautoshop.com/cate...ftware-updates

it contains Intel Sofia 3G stuff, same as from 4pda?
13th June 2018, 07:24 PM |#1708  
Flag Texas

More
@gtxaspec unit booted again. I uninstalled custom.apk then reinstalled from the link in the first post. Then reflashed stock recovery. Rebooted and pink lights cycle. Should I leave the stock joying firmware plugged in in hopes it will start flashing?
13th June 2018, 07:31 PM |#1709  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_OutLaw

@gtxaspec unit booted again. I uninstalled custom.apk then reinstalled from the link in the first post. Then reflashed stock recovery. Rebooted and pink lights cycle. Should I leave the stock joying firmware plugged in in hopes it will start flashing?

Yes, I would do that. The stock firmware should upgrade your bootloader and hopefully will fix your issue.
13th June 2018, 07:37 PM |#1710  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@gtxaspec

check out this folder

It is from the website
http://wiki.androidautoshop.com/cate...ftware-updates

it contains Intel Sofia 3G stuff, same as from 4pda?

Yeah, it's mostly old junk files for HCT based MTCD devices...nothing to do with out units. The key will be to figure out which files we can bring over from the April 17 release to the latest Jan 18 rom to fix viper...I'm pretty certain we just have to figure out which libraries are causing the problem.
13th June 2018, 07:55 PM |#1711  
Flag Texas

More
Quote:

Yes, I would do that. The stock firmware should upgrade your bootloader and hopefully will fix your issue.

Have USB plugged in along with a GoPro watching. If anything strange happens I can just show you instead of trying to describe it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)