Post Reply Email Thread
31st January 2018, 07:55 AM |#21  
Flag Zwolle
Thanks Meter: 643

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxaspec

I'll do nano on v4 release which will be out tonight.

I thought you did mini because it contains google maps (which I do not use either). The smaller ones don't have GMaps . But you can always download GMaps from the play store

nano is excellent as it still contains Google Search and Google TTS. It does not contain the Google Now launcher for those who are interested in that one (again: I'm not )

nano vs. mini should also make the zip about 400MB smaller (with pre-odexed packages)

31st January 2018, 07:59 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 484

Donate to Me
More
v4 is live! open gapps nano! uploading installation video to youtube!

Edit: updated custom to V4.1 to fix installation from SD cards issue. Download the latest custom to install the rom from micro sd.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gtxaspec For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gtxaspec Ad-Free
31st January 2018, 09:03 PM |#23  
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I downloaded and tried version 4 with custom4_1. I installed using micro sd card. Gotta say it worked really well! Very nice indeed.

One comment regarding your custom app, perhaps the button "flash stock" should say "flash gtx" as flashing stock implies to me that I would be installing a stock joying rom (boooooo ). In addition the 120 second delay at the end seems, rather long (too long for the impatient, like me).

Could you perhaps change the sleep timer to like every 5 seconds check to see if the user removed the install media (the script should already know where it installed from). Maybe if you want the lights flashing a little longer go until you've detected the removed media two or three times.
1st February 2018, 08:56 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I can use this RightCamera (front cam app) modified APK in stock rom? I am rooted
1st February 2018, 12:14 PM |#25  
Flag Zwolle

Donate to Me
More
deleted. Stupid xda did not work this afternoon.
1st February 2018, 01:28 PM |#26  
Flag Zwolle

Donate to Me
More
I flashed the V4 Yesterday evening. Now that it is reduced in size (nano Gapps vs mini Gapps) it flashes even faster. In less then 8-10 minutes, it completely flashed and restarted.

And maybe off-topic and maybe not: I did have issues though with restoring apps via Titanium. It took extremely long and then it complained about missing apps. The data was available but not the app itself.
Anyone else, or is it just me?
@gtxaspec: How do you make the ROMs? Do you do a a clean ROM install without Allapp.pkg, followed by a custom recovery install, followed by a zip-flash Xposed, and then take a nandroid backup or so? and sign it with test keys?
1st February 2018, 02:32 PM |#27  
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I encountered the really long time to restore apps using Titanium. I only restored missing apps with data in the hopes of it being faster. I am going to use Titanium to create a TWRP flashable update.zip from my backup and see if it's faster.
1st February 2018, 03:19 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
New joying update released today. Will rebase rom around that
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtxaspec For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gtxaspec Ad-Free
1st February 2018, 03:41 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:

New joying update released today. Will rebase rom around that

Can not find it both on carjoying and youtube. Could you please share the link?

Edit: found it, sorry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzI6xCJz78o
1st February 2018, 06:49 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

v4 is live! open gapps nano! uploading installation video to youtube!

Edit: updated custom to V4.1 to fix installation from SD cards issue. Download the latest custom to install the rom from micro sd.

Hello Gtxaspec,
thank you for your work
very interested in your project, is it possible to put the link of your installation video of your rom?
1st February 2018, 06:56 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gtxaspec For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gtxaspec Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)