By gtxaspec, Senior Member on 13th July 2018, 10:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
========================================ACHTUNG=== ================
=================WARNING========================== ================
================================================== ===PELIGRO=======
AS WITH ANY UNSUPPORTED SYSTEM MODIFICATIONS, USING THIS MAY LEAD TO A BRICK
IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING ( HAVEN'T BRICKED MY SYSTEM YET! ) PLEASE
BE AWARE THAT NO ONE ON THE INTERNET IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR
UNIT. ANY PROBLEMS WILL BE CONSIDERED ACTS OF WHATEVER GOD YOU BELIEVE IN.
======PELIGRO===================================== ============= =====
================================WARNING=========== =================
===ACHTUNG======================================== ========== =======

For ANY FYT SoM (6026) based Android FYT PX5 Head Unit!

Hello, here is a custom rom based on the SYU Stock Build 07_2018

Your Head Unit MUST ALREADY BE ROOTED! You must be able to obtain Super User access within Android!

stay tuned for more info!

really easy to work with, bootloader is unlocked, and doesn't require signed images. Xposed is working great, working on Magisk support.

--update 07/15

work on this rom has paused until I can afford to purchase another PX5 SoM... unforseen circumstances lead to the SoM being damaged =(
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gtxaspec For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gtxaspec Ad-Free

13th July 2018, 10:29 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 548

Donate to Me
More
reserved versions
13th July 2018, 10:30 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
reserved Q/A
13th July 2018, 10:30 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
reserved twrp instructions
13th July 2018, 10:31 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Development Notes:

*FYT_6026 is PIN COMPATIBLE with the FYT_6021 Intel SoFIA SoM

*USB Hub seems to be integrated into the PX5 SoC...there is no visible USB Hub IC on the SoM

*Using the RockChip SD Card Tools, you are able to create a bootable MicroSD card if the /recovery or /system partitions are not bootable

*Locking all 8 PX5 Cores to MAX frequency ([email protected] 1200Mhz, [email protected] 1500Mhz) results in the SoM temp to hit about 90C max. With a heatsink and fan, 40C max... Fastest Android Head Unit I have worked with to date in this mode.

*FYT_6026 does not require signed images...of anything, even the bootloader.

*FYT_6026 Boot Sequence:
1. Read sql6026update8 binary from boot media
2. sql6026update8 reads customercfg.txt, 6026lcdconfig.cfg, logo.bmp, updatecfg.txt, and config.txt files and applies parameters.
3. sql6026update8 then applies MCU updates if they are present in the root or MCU folders
4. sql6026update8 then writes to the Boot Control Block to reboot and launch the recovery binary in /sbin/recovery to begin the standard Android upgrade process. The file it looks for is 6026_8.zip
5. After 6026_8.zip is successfully processed, the recovery writes to the Boot Control Block again, this time to launch the sql6026update8 binary on boot and install the bundled applications from Allapp.pkg
6. Unit then is ready to reboot into the Android system.

*The sql6026update8 file can not be modified or replaced, the stock recovery verifies the checksum of this file.

*The stock rom has /system/bin/install-recovery which uses a patch file found in the root directory and patches the boot image to create and restore the recovery image on every boot, if it has been modified.

*Unlike the SoFIA units, the FYT_6026 does not output debug console output via the serial TX pins... (looking into this)

*FYT_6026 SoM features 2 SDIO interfaces. Only 1 SD card will work on units with this SoM, if they have multiple slots. One of the SDIO interfaces is used by the RTL8723DS WiFi/BT combo IC.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtxaspec For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gtxaspec Ad-Free
13th July 2018, 10:32 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
FYT_6026 SoM Photos:
SOM1:

SOM2:

SOM3:

SOM4:

SOM5:

SOM6:

SOM7:

SOM8:

My unit:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtxaspec For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gtxaspec Ad-Free
13th July 2018, 07:49 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 41

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxaspec

========================================ACHTUNG=== ================
=================WARNING========================== ================
================================================== ===PELIGRO=======
AS WITH ANY UNSUPPORTED SYSTEM MODIFICATIONS, USING THIS MAY LEAD TO A BRICK
IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING ( HAVEN'T BRICKED MY SYSTEM YET! ) PLEASE
BE AWARE THAT NO ONE ON THE INTERNET IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR
UNIT. ANY PROBLEMS WILL BE CONSIDERED ACTS OF WHATEVER GOD YOU BELIEVE IN.
======PELIGRO===================================== ============= =====
================================WARNING=========== =================
===ACHTUNG======================================== ========== =======

For FYT SoM (6026) based JOYING / FYT PX5 units ONLY!

Hello, here is a custom rom based on the SYU Stock Build 07_2018

Your Head Unit MUST ALREADY BE ROOTED! You must be able to obtain Super User access within Android!

stay tuned for more info!

really easy to work with, bootloader is unlocked, and doesn't require signed images. Xposed is working great, working on Magisk support.

I may be game to test it. I'm running a unit sold by WITSON with the manufacturer in the MCU set to something like ZHAN. As far as I can tell it's FYT based so I guess that the ROM should work. Details below.

My concern is more related to whether CANBUS will work correctly after the upgrade. I'm running it in a Renault Koleos and have a CAN box on the harness and I want to be sure that I won't lose that functionality after the upgrade. I did see you mention in another thread that with the FYT units the CAN box simply converts the received messages into serial strings that are sent directly to the MCU. I would assume that there is some sort of a translator that spits out a standard set of serial strings regardless of what the original CAN ID was. E.g. steering wheel volume up could be CAN ID 0xABCD on my Koleos and something else on a VW but the serial string would always be 0x0123...etc... for that command. If this is indeed the case AND the MCU is not touched during the upgrade then I suppose that CANBus should continue working. That's my supposition at least... Interested to hear your thoughts before I go ahead with the test...

CPU: ARM Cortex-A53 eight-core 2+32 GB PX5; CPU: PowerVR G6110
Build: PX5-userdebug 8.0.0 OPR5.170623.007 eng.bsp.20180528.174007 test-keys
MCU: 2018-04-16 17:04:06 ZHAN_(NOR)__90_C9RD6686_CAN(A)PX5D1804160
13th July 2018, 09:20 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by looxonline

I may be game to test it. I'm running a unit sold by WITSON with the manufacturer in the MCU set to something like ZHAN. As far as I can tell it's FYT based so I guess that the ROM should work. Details below.

My concern is more related to whether CANBUS will work correctly after the upgrade. I'm running it in a Renault Koleos and have a CAN box on the harness and I want to be sure that I won't lose that functionality after the upgrade. I did see you mention in another thread that with the FYT units the CAN box simply converts the received messages into serial strings that are sent directly to the MCU. I would assume that there is some sort of a translator that spits out a standard set of serial strings regardless of what the original CAN ID was. E.g. steering wheel volume up could be CAN ID 0xABCD on my Koleos and something else on a VW but the serial string would always be 0x0123...etc... for that command. If this is indeed the case AND the MCU is not touched during the upgrade then I suppose that CANBus should continue working. That's my supposition at least... Interested to hear your thoughts before I go ahead with the test...

CPU: ARM Cortex-A53 eight-core 2+32 GB PX5; CPU: PowerVR G6110
Build: PX5-userdebug 8.0.0 OPR5.170623.007 eng.bsp.20180528.174007 test-keys
MCU: 2018-04-16 17:04:06 ZHAN_(NOR)__90_C9RD6686_CAN(A)PX5D1804160

Can you look at the file fyt.prop in /system/app and post the contents ? It will help as I am designing my custom app to detect the mcu ID and restore it on installation to avoid MCU mismatch errors that were present on the Sofia platform
14th July 2018, 06:32 AM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxaspec

Can you look at the file fyt.prop in /system/app and post the contents ? It will help as I am designing my custom app to detect the mcu ID and restore it on installation to avoid MCU mismatch errors that were present on the Sofia platform

Sure. I'll see start I can do a little later today.
The Following User Says Thank You to looxonline For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift looxonline Ad-Free
15th July 2018, 04:20 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by looxonline

Sure. I'll see start I can do a little later today.

Sorry, needed to make up a USB A to USB A cable to perform the temp root to get access to that folder but just never found the time this weekend. Will do it as soon as I can. Saw on the other thread that your PX5 is not so healthy anyway so looks like time is on my side.

Thanks for your efforts nonetheless bro!!! Hope that you have success with your unit.
The Following User Says Thank You to looxonline For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift looxonline Ad-Free
16th July 2018, 04:30 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
work on this rom has paused until I can afford to purchase another SoM... unforseen circumstances lead to the SoM being damaged =(
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)