FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Strange Problems with Joying 2gb Intel Sofia Head Unit on 6.0.1

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By gdre, Junior Member on 6th June 2018, 05:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, i'm having trouble with my Joying JY-VL-131N2 Intel Sofia 2gb for Volkswagen.
Couple of months ago i installed SuperSU on Android 5 and some months later i updated to Android 6.0.1 september update.
I also used hvdwolfs Joying Extra Tools app to install the Sofia Server Mod so my Tasker is up and running automatic on every ignition.
All went well for some months but sometimes the standard video player has freezes from time to time and my music clips stored on usb stick were halting for some seconds and then continued playing.
I decided to update Joying Extra Tools to latest version (50) and look if there maybe is an updated SofiaServer Mod. I thought it must have to do something with that because after every fresh reboot it plays nice as it should. I installed the Mod again and then unfortunatly i tried to change the Joying Settings to Standard Android Settings via the Extra Tools app. But the installation of settings.apk hangs so i rebooted.
After that the mcu had some strange behavior. The volume rocker sign at notification bar was gone and i couldn't use my steering wheel keys.
Also the storage seems broken or so. I were not able to access files on usb.
First i tried factory reset and the device boots up with standard settings but problems still persists.
Then i put the update files from sept. 1. - 6.0.1 on fat32 stick but update failed.
On reboot it was stuck at command line and shows...
"E:usb volume for path [/mnt/usb_storage/5009_60.zip]
cannot unzip update file!
Error wait here..."
After some minutes the mcu reboots and same odd android with faults is up.
It seems something in android system is broken. I managed to use my phones hotspot to get wifi and downloaded / installed Joying Extra Tools.apk. The device still seems to be rooted but i'm stuck at this point now.
Also under device info it doesn't show anything other then "Unknown" for example the MCU Version...

Can someone figure out what i did to my mcu and how to fix this?
Greetz
gdre
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180606_074255.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	4519782   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180606_075029.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	4519783  

7th June 2018, 11:25 AM |#2  
Flag Almelo
Thanks Meter: 117

Donate to Me
More
try to flash stock rom from other usb stick
8th June 2018, 01:30 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I tried different USB Sticks and SD Cards but still the same with canot unzip error.
Maybe i'll give TWRP and GTX Rom a try.
8th June 2018, 01:43 PM |#4  
Flag Almelo

Donate to Me
More
try to flash this one.. if android doesn't boot completly just flash standard rom afterwards.

Help out someone else with same issue
8th June 2018, 06:48 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Ok so i did unrar the 2 files on root of usb but nothing happened after connecting. then i copied whole stock 6.0.1 files on usb root but replaced Allapp.pkg and 5009_60.zip from your archiv.
It flashed! But then i got stuck at command line (see picture)... waited couple of minutes nothing happened.
Then i copied/overwrote back the 2 files (Allapp.pkg and 5009_60.zip) from stock update.
The HU bootet up to faulty android. I flashed the stock update but i got same error as described in first post.
Error wait here..."

The "Error wait here..." message appears after i got back in the car and turned ignition on.
Did i made some mistake?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180608_190858.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	4521535  
10th June 2018, 09:28 AM |#6  
Flag Almelo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdre

Ok so i did unrar the 2 files on root of usb but nothing happened after connecting. then i copied whole stock 6.0.1 files on usb root but replaced Allapp.pkg and 5009_60.zip from your archiv.
It flashed! But then i got stuck at command line (see picture)... waited couple of minutes nothing happened.
Then i copied/overwrote back the 2 files (Allapp.pkg and 5009_60.zip) from stock update.
The HU bootet up to faulty android. I flashed the stock update but i got same error as described in first post.
Error wait here..."

The "Error wait here..." message appears after i got back in the car and turned ignition on.
Did i made some mistake?

What MCU version do you have.. ? Did you flash from stock recovery?.. try to flash latest official rom. See my signature for rom.
10th June 2018, 05:04 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3LTA

What MCU version do you have.. ? Did you flash from stock recovery?.. try to flash latest official rom. See my signature for rom.

The Problem ist i can't determine the MCU Version because its shown as Unknown Device under Settings.
Ok i need more advice i think... how can i boot into stock recovery? I put the files on usb stick, plugged in an wait until update massage appeared.
Did you mean i should flash the 2 files from testkeys.zip direkt with stock recovery?
so for now i will try to use an app like quick reboot to enter stock recovery.
otherwise please tell me exactly what i have to do
10th June 2018, 11:35 PM |#8  
Flag Almelo

Donate to Me
More
No worries we gonna fix this
11th June 2018, 06:54 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Ok thank you I'm hopefull
Now i installed Quick Reboot app and let the app boot into recovery mode.
But when it reboots i got command line with something like sofia6.0! error wait here...
so it seems i even can't enter recovery mode
12th June 2018, 10:55 PM |#10  
Flag Almelo

Donate to Me
More
Can you flash TWRP recovery from within the custom.apk ? Is so you can then flash GTX ROM and update mcu from within car settings app (MCU files are in the rom)
13th June 2018, 07:24 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
In the gtx thread there is some info in description
"Due to Bluetooth, WiFi, and as well as nvram patches in the ROM and bootloader, you must be running Joying 6.0 firmware dated 2017_12_15 or later to install this ROM."

but i'm on earlier update so i don't know which is the last gtx version i could use.
i have sent gtxaspec a private message couple of days ago but no answer still.

i will try to install twrp first. i think when that works it could take in the right direction
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)