FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Umecity (VW): Allwinner T8, 2GB/32GB, 7.1.2, 9" 1024x600, Shallow 2din [2017/11]

488 posts
Thanks Meter: 93

By Rottgrub, Senior Member on 13th November 2017, 07:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th November 2017, 09:40 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazanovv

Do manual from T3 version work? I can't check, if this manual actually works, because I don't have this HU.

Settings-Car settings-Extra settings-Touch area keys
In POSITION menu select place (LEFT, RIGHT, TOP, BOTTOM), where sensor buttons are located;
Continue setting like on this video.

Af far as I understand, at first click Clear in the bottom right corner, then click Set in bottom left corner. Select any free cell starting from top left, select key function, press sensor key - stored cell should change it's color. Continue, until all sensor keys set. Click Set in bottom left corner again. Check, if buttons working; if not - set them again. Use USB mouse (right mouse button = back) if something goes wrong.

I actually read these, and watched the video before trying last time, but no luck. I think the new panel/button mapping tool may work a little differently (or maybe I just don't get it, which is possible). Start and Clear worked as expected, but when selecting a cell, I didn't get any popup windows asking for short/long press, and no list of actions. If I clicked the button I wanted to map, it would assign the button as expected, but only to the function that was already listed in the cell. I had no way of mapping a long press action that I could find. I'll keep playing with it, and report back if I have any more luck.

30th November 2017, 09:56 PM |#12  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottgrub

I'll keep playing with it, and report back if I have any more luck.

Ok, have a good luck! As far as I understand, it is very important to select correct buttons block side location on the first step, before menu with the cells appear.
30th November 2017, 10:13 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazanovv

Ok, have a good luck! As far as I understand, it is very important to select correct buttons block side location on the first step, before menu with the cells appear.

You are exactly correct. Thank you for the help! I just tried again, and was able to properly map my panel buttons. The trick is to select to primary action you want first if it's already present in a cell. If not, select "Reserved" and a menu will appear to select the primary action. Once that is selected, choose the hardware key to map. Then long press the cell to choose a new "Press", "Long Press", or "Very Long Press" action.

Unfortunately, there is no NULL action that I could find to leave the primary action unmapped, while letting me map a long press. I settled for mapping the primary action to "Mute" for the HOME and BACK buttons. That way I don't lose my application if I touch something near the bottom of the screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rottgrub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rottgrub Ad-Free
1st December 2017, 10:27 PM |#14  
Flag Tsu
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Youmecity 10 Inch Universal 2 din Android 7.1
Hello

I also bought a T8 unit and I think it is a product conforming to this thread.
But google voice input can not be used(bt hands free call is ok).
I could use it on dasaita PX5 and I have average knowledge of android.
If you have a special trick to use voice input please tell me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171202_070026.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	4349589  
1st December 2017, 11:38 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by warata

Hello

I also bought a T8 unit and I think it is a product conforming to this thread.
But google voice input can not be used(bt hands free call is ok).
I could use it on dasaita PX5 and I have average knowledge of android.
If you have a special trick to use voice input please tell me.

If you simply can't activate the "voice control" icons, you probably need to install the "Google" package from the play store. This isn't included with the base firmware, at least on my unit. Issue I'm having is that Voice Search isn't hearing my voice, which may just be a permission issue, addressable in Setting/Apps/Google/Permissions. I need to dig into it more.

Let us know if that helps, and if you get it working, what you did. =) Good luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rottgrub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rottgrub Ad-Free
2nd December 2017, 03:25 AM |#16  
Flag Tsu

More
Quote:

Let us know if that helps, and if you get it working, what you did. =) Good luck!

Thanks for your specific answer.I think that my question was not have enough information.
I have installed Google Apps and I giving him all authority given to him.
But he does not listen to anything.It does not react at all even if it repels parts of the physical microphone with fingers.

If it is not possible to use the telephone, I assume that the microphone is defective
and I will return it, but since the hands-free can be used, the microphone is not disconnected.

But car android is generally useless unless you can use Voice input.
Whether it can be settled by setting or not, I have to conclude within a few days whether the unit is defective.

Installing Google App was necessary even on PX5, but it was not particularly difficult.
So I wanted to know if there are any special settings in T8.

Thanks
2nd December 2017, 11:05 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
As in XDA support. None of the custom ROMs work with my device. In regards to updates it's from pumpkin and there has being no news on a update for my device.

Mine was pretty much plug in and play. Apart from removing a few "Chinese" APKs and installing viper. The only issue I have had is that I can't for the life of me connect my obdeleven OBD2 device.

Even my microphone works although could be better. I'm able to send text messages using android auto and head unit reloaded without much error.
The Following User Says Thank You to hal752 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hal752 Ad-Free
2nd December 2017, 03:51 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

But car android is generally useless unless you can use Voice input.
Whether it can be settled by setting or not, I have to conclude within a few days whether the unit is defective.

Okay, so yeah. Sounds like you are having the same issue I'm having. I agree that it's not a hardware problem. Just to verify, are you using the internal, or external mic? I'm using the internal one only.

I haven't put much time into playing with it yet, but I'll let you know if I can figure out how to get it working.
2nd December 2017, 03:53 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal752

As in XDA support. None of the custom ROMs work with my device. In regards to updates it's from pumpkin and there has being no news on a update for my device.

Mine was pretty much plug in and play. Apart from removing a few "Chinese" APKs and installing viper. The only issue I have had is that I can't for the life of me connect my obdeleven OBD2 device.

Even my microphone works although could be better. I'm able to send text messages using android auto and head unit reloaded without much error.

What system and MCU version is your system running? If I hang onto this unit, I will be looking into making a custom ROM for it. (No promises)
2nd December 2017, 09:17 PM |#20  
Flag Tsu

More
Quote:

Okay, so yeah. Sounds like you are having the same issue I'm having. I agree that it's not a hardware problem. Just to verify, are you using the internal, or external mic? I'm using the internal one only.

I haven't put much time into playing with it yet, but I'll let you know if I can figure out how to get it working.

Do you have same issue??I thought that It was almost defective...
I tried an external microphone, but It didn't work my own dynamic microphone.
I think that this product uses a condenser microphone.
I ordered the corresponding microphone with aliexpress, but it will be two weeks after arrival.
2nd December 2017, 10:19 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Do you have same issue??I thought that It was almost defective...
I tried an external microphone, but It didn't work my own dynamic microphone.
I think that this product uses a condenser microphone.
I ordered the corresponding microphone with aliexpress, but it will be two weeks after arrival.

So, I was able to do a little testing today, and I think the mic gain is just way too low. I was able to scream "BRING THE NOISE" into Google Music's search box, and it actually searched for "bring it". So mine can hear a little bit. I can see this being one of three problems:
  • The mic is crap (always possible)
  • The mic gain is set too low in Android
  • Mic signal is being improperly split between the hardware Bluetooth, and Android

I think I have an external mic around here somewhere to try with it. I'm also going to contact the vendor to see if they have any suggestions. I'll be sure to update if I can figure anything out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)