1,254 posts
Thanks Meter: 155

By skezza, Senior Member on 5th June 2018, 02:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th June 2018, 10:40 AM |#51  
OP Senior Member

More
Like I said, I'd prefer a full size fuse rather than micro, otherwise I'd have to buy a new fuse tap grr.

13th June 2018, 12:08 PM |#52  
OP Senior Member

More
They're posting a canbus out to me today. Hopefully get it tomorrow or Friday
13th June 2018, 12:39 PM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erronr

If you set it to get time via gps that should work? Mine seems to be getting the itme via canbus.
Thanks for the fuse info ive been slowly working through several fuses.

I found many posts that say various fuses work. This is the only one that's worked for me so far. I have tried with get time via GPS on and off with no difference in outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skezza

They're posting a canbus out to me today. Hopefully get it tomorrow or Friday

Great news! Let me know if it fixes your problem.
13th June 2018, 03:34 PM |#54  
OP Senior Member

More
Credit where credit is due, they shipped it today. Sent me a tracking number, via DPD who are a pretty good delivery company. I expect it'll arrive tomorrow or Friday

Will let you know.
13th June 2018, 04:58 PM |#55  

More
following this topic since beginning..
still did not buy any of the units and researching for what is the best for my car...
i cannot find actual review of the these units installed in e90, nor there is much pictures...

Interested very much in the 9" unit for my e92
I saw that avinusa is offering also 9" unit, and wondering whether their unit is working better than this xtrons one....

could you please take some pictures of unit installed in car i would like to see how it fits actually...
13th June 2018, 11:46 PM |#56  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by septik1

still did not buy any of the units and researching for what is the best for my car...
i cannot find actual review of the these units installed in e90, nor there is much pictures...

I saw that avinusa is offering also 9" unit, and wondering whether their unit is working better than this xtrons one....

could you please take some pictures of unit installed in car i would like to see how it fits actually...

Will do.
14th June 2018, 04:09 PM |#57  
OP Senior Member

More
Head in my hands. Received the parcel. They've sent the wrong Canbus box They've sent one for the E46/E39 BMW. There's about 8 pins more than on the one designed for this car. Suffice to say, it doesn't work. I've contacted Abby again, hopefully we can get this resolved.

For now, the wait goes on.
15th June 2018, 04:07 PM |#58  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by septik1

No idea about the AvinUSA unit. I just got back from a work trip so when I get back to my car I will take some pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skezza

Head in my hands. Received the parcel. They've sent the wrong Canbus box They've sent one for the E46/E39 BMW. There's about 8 pins more than on the one designed for this car. Suffice to say, it doesn't work. I've contacted Abby again, hopefully we can get this resolved.

For now, the wait goes on.

That sucks. I got an email today that they have shipped my replacement canbus. I hope it isn't the same situation you ran into.
15th June 2018, 04:25 PM |#59  
OP Senior Member

More
Indeed, not good. Credit to Xtrons trying to solve it at pace, obviously someone got their wires crossed. Not heard back from Abby, perhaps they don't work Friday's? I'm sure she'll resolve it for me next week.

Let me know if yours makes a difference
19th June 2018, 11:35 AM |#60  
OP Senior Member

More
OK, so Xtrons are sending me a new Canbus out today. Over a week without any audio in my car. PITA!!!!
20th June 2018, 02:25 PM |#61  
OP Senior Member

More
New canbus box is here. Jury is out whether it actually improves anything yet.
@jerkeife - Any update?
@erronr - Fancy taking a video? I'd like to see how your unit runs with the different canbus box.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, auto, bmw, e90, xtrons

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)