FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

XTRONS TE706PL Android 8.0 4GB RAM maybe good?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Hometrixx, Junior Member on 17th January 2018, 07:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey there.

Today I just wanted to buy an Ownice HU.
But then I found this XTRONS running Android 8.0 with a octa core and 4GB RAM.
Do you guys think it is worth a try or should i rather buy the Ownice?

Thanks for every answer

17th January 2018, 08:50 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 36

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometrixx

Hey there.

Today I just wanted to buy an Ownice HU.
But then I found this XTRONS running Android 8.0 with a octa core and 4GB RAM.
Do you guys think it is worth a try or should i rather buy the Ownice?

Thanks for every answer

I can't say anything about Ownice but the Xtrons is definitely worth its money. I have had two Erisin's and a Pumpkin but the Xtrons is my first HU which is working without any issues.
The only thing with Android 8 is that it came out a few weeks ago so it could be still a little bit buggy.
20th January 2018, 11:29 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hello
Yes, on paper it seems perfect, I just have a doubt about the quality of the product, knowing that the audience shines by its absence.
I hope that the conflicts Wifi / Bluetooth are not identical to TB706APL, without reliable internet connection, this new product is useless.
21st January 2018, 05:25 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I'm curious about the xtrons also. I was going to buy a joying but saw the xtrons has 4gb of ram. I have both a 2gb and 4gb tablet with similar cpu's, and the 4gb tablet is far faster and more stable than the other one.
22nd January 2018, 12:06 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
I installed the 10.1 version in my truck on Saturday. The model TE103P. So far I am very happy with it. I just need to figure how to get my Bluetooth ODBII adapter working.

The performance so far is impressive. It turns on extremely fast and I like the UI for now. Compared to the Joying I had before, the performance seems better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
23rd January 2018, 08:43 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I just ordered the xtrons te706pl which shows px5 with 4gb ram and android 8.0. I got it off Amazon for $269.99 with free shipping. I was going to go with joying as it's seems to be the most popular company but 4gb vs 2gb is just to good to pass up. I have 2 tablets with the same Cpu, one has 2gb and the other is a 4gb. The 4gb is so much faster and more stable. 4gb just gives the tablet an easier time it seems.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0792...xtrons+te706pl
25th January 2018, 12:15 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Do you have any info, about what kind of amplifier Xtrons uses?

Written info is allover the place. Dasaita updated their hardware from TDA7851L to TDA7850, which is supposed to be better, but in their presentation graphics is still written TDA7851L. Since hardware between head units is practically the same, I assume XTRONS might use newer amplifier chip as well...Does anyone have a clue?
30th January 2018, 08:07 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Which chipset us it actually? Looks nice, I'm thinking about replacement of a joying with 1 gb and kit Kat which has a really slow startup.

Gesendet von meinem STF-L09 mit Tapatalk
30th January 2018, 02:18 PM |#9  
Flag Antwerp
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah

Which chipset us it actually? Looks nice, I'm thinking about replacement of a joying with 1 gb and kit Kat which has a really slow startup.

Gesendet von meinem STF-L09 mit Tapatalk

It's using the Rockchip octacore PX5 A 53 architecture 64 bit cpu and 4 gb DDR3 kingston memory.
It is also far way better than the Alwinne T8 which uses a A 7 architecture.
31st January 2018, 05:06 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naplesbill

I installed the 10.1 version in my truck on Saturday. The model TE103P. So far I am very happy with it. I just need to figure how to get my Bluetooth ODBII adapter working.

The performance so far is impressive. It turns on extremely fast and I like the UI for now. Compared to the Joying I had before, the performance seems better.

Would you be so kind to share the make and model of your truck, I'm considering putting one of these in my Ford Excursion. I'm concerned about being able to adjust the display vertically.
31st January 2018, 05:29 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetski

Would you be so kind to share the make and model of your truck, I'm considering putting one of these in my Ford Excursion. I'm concerned about being able to adjust the display vertically.

It's a 2017 Ford F150. I will try to get some pics tomorrow.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)