FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

XTRONS TE706PL Android 8.0 4GB RAM maybe good?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Hometrixx, Junior Member on 17th January 2018, 07:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st January 2018, 05:29 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetski

Would you be so kind to share the make and model of your truck, I'm considering putting one of these in my Ford Excursion. I'm concerned about being able to adjust the display vertically.

It's a 2017 Ford F150. I will try to get some pics tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

31st January 2018, 02:47 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabocaw

I just ordered the xtrons te706pl which shows px5 with 4gb ram and android 8.0. I got it off Amazon for $269.99 with free shipping. I was going to go with joying as it's seems to be the most popular company but 4gb vs 2gb is just to good to pass up. I have 2 tablets with the same Cpu, one has 2gb and the other is a 4gb. The 4gb is so much faster and more stable. 4gb just gives the tablet an easier time it seems.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0792...xtrons+te706pl

hello, I want to ask.. how good sound this new device?
because, I have read that sound sucks by older devices (joying, dasaita...)
31st January 2018, 02:54 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Ive just got mine xtrons te706pl installed 3 days ago and it's doing great. The only problem I've had is getting logged out of spotify overnight. The install was a pain but I have a factory infinity system with amp. Overall I'm happy with the unit. It's pretty snappy and quick.
31st January 2018, 04:52 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hows the sound quality, any hissing sounds?
31st January 2018, 10:13 PM |#15  

More
Sounds great but I already have a factory amp. But I think it sounds better than the factory stereo. I can't figure out how to root it though. Kingoroot doesn't work then I realized it's android 8.0 and might not be root able by it yet.
1st February 2018, 03:58 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I was looking at this unit as well, does it have pre outs for front, rear, and sub? My current unit has a huge drop off in sound quality from youtube to pandora. I've asked about it and not found out if this is a common issue or not in the android units, but that is something that is a big turn off for me. I'm hoping the newer units have this fixed. also any quirks or anything else you've noticed about the unit? so far this one is on the top of my list of what i'll be purchasing next.
1st February 2018, 09:08 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hello
With a few days of use, what is your feedback experience.
Do you test the reliability of 3G or 4G internet connection, are there any cuts like on old units built with the PX5 card?
Is there still the bug that cuts the internet connection at each call reception due to a conflict between bluetooth and wifi?
Is there still an abominable echo during a phone conversation with the correspondent with bluetooth?
I read that it is possible to have two open applications with screen sharing, Waze example displayed on a half screen is it legible, street names ect ..
Thank you for your answers and sorry for the syntax because I use Google translation
cordially
The Following User Says Thank You to Montero7o For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Montero7o Ad-Free
1st February 2018, 02:23 PM |#18  

More
I use my phone as a hotspot for my internet do I can't comment on 3g/4g. I did notice a horrible sound while im talking to someone though. It was a loud screeching noise throughout the call. I had no problem with either wifi or Bluetooth cutting out. I haven't tried to use split screen yet but I will and get back to you. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase. It works very well.
1st February 2018, 03:52 PM |#19  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 130

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac.eden

Do you have any info, about what kind of amplifier Xtrons uses?

Written info is allover the place. Dasaita updated their hardware from TDA7851L to TDA7850, which is supposed to be better, but in their presentation graphics is still written TDA7851L. Since hardware between head units is practically the same, I assume XTRONS might use newer amplifier chip as well...Does anyone have a clue?

TDA7851. 4x48W I believe. Better than Joying
2nd February 2018, 02:48 AM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggle2thtiger

I was looking at this unit as well, does it have pre outs for front, rear, and sub? My current unit has a huge drop off in sound quality from youtube to pandora. I've asked about it and not found out if this is a common issue or not in the android units, but that is something that is a big turn off for me. I'm hoping the newer units have this fixed. also any quirks or anything else you've noticed about the unit? so far this one is on the top of my list of what i'll be purchasing next.

The sound quality is so much better than the stock unit. The EQ does an amazing job of bringing out the sound. I haven't notice any difference in YouTube or spotify. I don't use pandora. One quirk is I had a horrible squeaking noise when I had a phone call. I haven't looked into that yet. The other is I can't figure out where the developer options are. I've went to about in settings and hit the model 7 times. The unit says options activated but still can't find it. I wanted to root the device but haven't been able to.
The Following User Says Thank You to tabocaw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tabocaw Ad-Free
2nd February 2018, 02:56 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Here is the pic of the 10.1 as promised.

Also, to get to developer options you have to install an app from Google Play.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180201_192425~2.jpg
Views:	2708
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	4407029

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naplesbill For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift naplesbill Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)