FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

XTRONS TE706PL Android 8.0 4GB RAM maybe good?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Hometrixx, Junior Member on 17th January 2018, 07:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th June 2018, 06:31 PM |#211  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdi1988

I'll be doing mine tonight. I am kinda considering Malaysk also.

I'm still yet to hear a cogent reason why Malaysk is actually worth it? All I keep hearing is "it's pre-rooted".... ok and why is that useful on your car stereo? ......"Because you can install xposed"....... ok and why is that useful on your car stereo? ............... "errrrm"

"...................."

"Reasons?"

Don't get me wrong I'm sure Malaysk does some very good stuff and has some very useful features, but I can't for the life of me see which ones are actually any use to the majority of people. The only thing I've seen that I wish I had on mine, is the ability to edit the steering wheel buttons, which is not possible on my unit because the decoder box handles it. Some addon for Xposed can actually do this..... Is it really worth a whole ROM for that though ?

11th June 2018, 06:33 PM |#212  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 130

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skezza

I'm still yet to hear a cogent reason why Malaysk is actually worth it? All I keep hearing is "it's pre-rooted".... ok and why is that useful on your car stereo? ......"Because you can install xposed"....... ok and why is that useful on your car stereo? ............... "errrrm"

"...................."

"Reasons?"

Don't get me wrong I'm sure Malaysk does some very good stuff and has some very useful features, but I can't for the life of me see which ones are actually any use to the majority of people. The only thing I've seen that I wish I had on mine, is the ability to edit the steering wheel buttons, which is not possible on my unit because the decoder box handles it. Some addon for Xposed can actually do this..... Is it really worth a whole ROM for that though ?

Viper4 Audio
11th June 2018, 09:26 PM |#213  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

I'll be doing mine tonight. I am kinda considering Malaysk also.

Please let us know if you try Malaysk and how you like it I have been thinking of trying it.. It looks sweet...
11th June 2018, 10:03 PM |#214  
Flag Seattle, WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman0621

Please let us know if you try Malaysk and how you like it I have been thinking of trying it.. It looks sweet...

I was going to do the regular update just now, but it turns out my unit is at the updated version. I am still on the fence on whether I would do Malaysk or not.
11th June 2018, 10:24 PM |#215  

More
Quote:

Viper4 Audio

Which allows you to interact with the amplifier directly? Once you've tried it, let me know. Like I said, if someone can provide me a decent enough reason, I'll happily flash it. I just don't see the point if it's just 'reasons'.
11th June 2018, 11:20 PM |#216  
Flag Seattle, WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skezza

Which allows you to interact with the amplifier directly? Once you've tried it, let me know. Like I said, if someone can provide me a decent enough reason, I'll happily flash it. I just don't see the point if it's just 'reasons'.

I have used Viper4 before on the Joying unit. It doesn't necessary interact with the amp directly, but it's like a MUCH better EQ than the stock one. Can make a pretty big difference in the quality of the sound output.

IF these units actually have a DSP, I am assuming the EQ we have now is what it enables. In Joying the non-DSP units would have just 3 options for BASS, MIDD and HIGH so the quality of output was junk.
12th June 2018, 08:16 PM |#217  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello, I have this car radio, I have two bugs very annoying:

1) When I receive a call the sound is too loud. Xtrons support tells me to go to the "CAR SET" and change the volume. The problem is always the same.

2) using POWERAMP, and that I receive a call, I have conversation and music at the same time

Do you have the same worries?

Thank you all
12th June 2018, 10:36 PM |#218  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourson68

Hello, I have this car radio, I have two bugs very annoying:

1) When I receive a call the sound is too loud. Xtrons support tells me to go to the "CAR SET" and change the volume. The problem is always the same.

2) using POWERAMP, and that I receive a call, I have conversation and music at the same time

Do you have the same worries?

Thank you all

1. Go into factory settings, I think you can adjust the volume in there.

2. I don't use poweramp. The benefits are far outweighed by the negatives.
14th June 2018, 12:10 AM |#219  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Just updated mine.. as was said by someone else in the thread there is no major difference..but I always like to keep my stuff up to date.. still up in the air about trying Malaysk.. I always had my phones rooted ( until now damn moto z force lol ) but I am not sure if I see a point in rooting the head unit.. This thing is awesome as is.. So I will wait till more people try it and see if there is real reason to try Malaysk ...
14th June 2018, 08:25 AM |#220  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

Here's my amp eq settings if anyone is curious.

Yeah as a guy who has been through all kinds of headunits, i can tell that the new xtrons are good. Just ordered one from Androidautoshop.com with DSP, looks like the same unit but with a better soundchip

My ranking so far:

good:
Dasaita (overall best quality)
Xtrons Good allrounder
witson good with IPS monitor alltough this might be bad in the long run. unsure still. has ISO connectors which is good for Audi
(PX5 cpus in general)

Bad:
Erisin. (breaks after a few months) bad mainboard, the builtin canbus often times stops working.
Joying (unreliable) shitty software
pumpkin (unreliable) shitty software
eonon (unreliable) shitty software
klyde (unreliable) shitty software / bad mainboard
(all the allwinner cpu headunit)
14th June 2018, 08:28 AM |#221  
Flag Seattle, WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimindtriks

Yeah as a guy who has been through all kinds of headunits, i can tell that the new xtrons are good. Just ordered one from Androidautoshop.com with DSP, looks like the same unit but with a better soundchip

My ranking so far:

good:
Dasaita (overall best quality)
Xtrons Good allrounder
witson good with IPS monitor alltough this might be bad in the long run. unsure still. has ISO connectors which is good for Audi
(PX5 cpus in general)

Bad:
Erisin. (breaks after a few months) bad mainboard, the builtin canbus often times stops working.
Joying (unreliable) shitty software
pumpkin (unreliable) shitty software
eonon (unreliable) shitty software
klyde (unreliable) shitty software / bad mainboard
(all the allwinner cpu headunit)

Hmm, I keep hearing of this mythical DSP chip... send us some pictures of the board so we can maybe see what's different.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)