2,709 posts
Thanks Meter: 668

By Brendo, Senior Member on 17th November 2015, 12:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Factory Settings
Factory Settings
Accessed using code 126

Application
Hardware related settings (eg. canbus, dvd, tv)

Radio Band
Select radio band that works in your country

Car Logo
Change startup logo

Audio
Set default audio levels

Other
RDS: Display Radio Data System info for radio stations that support it
Front camera: Activate front camera (usb for inbuilt recording)
Wheel3: (possibly a poor transcription of freewheel) Affects the operation of the volume knob. If this is incorrectly set, the volume control will not work properly. Likely related to the type of rotary optical encoder used.
RGB LED: Button lights
Rudder: Lets HU know if car is left or right hand drive (eg. for displaying which car door is open)
Disable app install: Don't allow apps to be installed
Key light: Keys lit always or with illumination wire.
No wheelstudy:
Keymap option:
Touchmap options:
Reversing brightness: Change in screen brightness when reverse camera is activated
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brendo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Brendo Ad-Free

17th November 2015, 01:24 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 290

More
Why is this here? It's already in the Wiki.
17th November 2015, 02:46 AM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.s

Why is this here? It's already in the Wiki.

Both this and mcu codes are in the wiki, this is just for others to comment on (more info/discussion) and also so it will appear in search
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brendo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Brendo Ad-Free
17th November 2015, 04:32 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 290

More
All of the MCU codes were not in the Wiki (they are now, because I added them).

What's there to discuss? If people want to add more detail to the Wiki, they can. For discussion of individual settings, a thread started with a copy/paste from the Wiki isn't a good beginning, and certainly doesn't add any new information. Adding yet another location to find the same information hurts, not helps, search.

Finally, the Wiki can be updated by anyone and doesn't require any individual to update their post as more info/knowledge is gained, and provides a single location users can refer to for common knowledge.
19th November 2015, 02:29 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Can someone please explain what the Keymap option and Touchmap option actually do? Is this keyboard layouts etc? I've changed the options (only had unit 1 week so limited about of trying) but it didn't seem to do much?
20th November 2015, 12:00 AM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bigglesworth

Can someone please explain what the Keymap option and Touchmap option actually do? Is this keyboard layouts etc? I've changed the options (only had unit 1 week so limited about of trying) but it didn't seem to do much?

I don't think anyone knows. Nothing seems to change haha
Would assume it changes the layout of hardware keys (button or touch)
20th November 2015, 02:36 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo

I don't think anyone knows. Nothing seems to change haha
Would assume it changes the layout of hardware keys (button or touch)

Glad it wasn't just me!
1st January 2016, 04:42 PM |#8  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bigglesworth

I know what keymap function does.
Option 1: If you open an app like radio and press home button it will close the app.
option 2: When you press the home button, it does not close the app anymore.
The rest of options I haven't tried!

Touchmap function .. I don't find any diferences beetwen the options. Maybe it's for units who don't have buttons?
8th August 2016, 03:38 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Any update on exploring the keymap options? I'm not convinced that the above description is universal, as when I have option 1 set and press the home button it does not close the app.

I've been trying different options (1 - 10) however don't have any really good information, except to comment that it's impossible to turn on Wi-Fi when set to option 3.

Option 2 seems to really slow down performance of the machine.

I've really only had a chance to explore 1 - 3 but will continue through all 10. Please post if you have any particular experiences with various options.
11th May 2017, 10:33 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
In my unit in the button keymap you can set different functions to a hardware button, by pressing the required button twice.

i.e.
The SCR button opens av player by default.
I don't use it and want to start the music app.
So press SCR button twice and in that menu you can choose the Music icon.
Then it will start the music app with the SCR button.

Now you have to be really careful NOT to use the touch button option!!!!
This recallibrates the touch screen, and if you touch the screen then..... it totally screws up everything...

Only solution then is a reset and you can start all over again.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Next thing NOT to do is in "others" tab.

There was some "power" option which default i think was "on".
Options there are "on" "of" and "remember last status" .
In my opinion the radio turned off to quickly, even when power down was set on 5 minutes (in android settings).
So i first saved this "power" thing in factory settings to "on".

Off course the radio stayed On after turning off ignition.
So i waited 5 -10 minutes, but it stayed on.

Then i made the biggest and most stupid mistake in my life and tried "off", and guess what.
It does not turn on anymore.... ****** (I should have guessed that).

According to the helpdesk, the radio should start in recovery when holding reset for 3-5 seconds.
But the button backlight (red colour) only blinks once when you release reset, and that is it.
Holding the power button for 10 seconds turns on button backlight as long as you hold the button.

I did receive their latest firmware so i could flash it in recovery, but then it has to boot first...
Now i am waiting for the next answer from the helpdesk, but for now my unit is dead.

I hope this message helps others to prevent making the same mistake.
31st August 2017, 11:54 AM |#11  
Flag france
Thanks Meter: 3

More
oh thanks i was wondering how to access that !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)