FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Issue with Huawei E3372 not being detected by a Joying Head Unit

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By NoNick1337, Junior Member on 11th December 2018, 07:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello. I've tried to connect Huawei E3372 dongle to Joying Head Unit running Android 8.0.0 PX5 Octa Core. When I plugged it in it wasn't detected by the Head Unit. So after looking for a solution online I've rooted my head unit and installed PPP Widget 3, but still the dongle isn't detected by the head unit and PPP Widget 3. A light on the dongle flashes when it's plugged into the head unit the same way it's flashing when plugged into a PC. When I plug the dongle into a PC it opens up a browser window with HiLink.
I've read the PPP Widget 3 description in Play Store where it said it was tested with Huawei E3372, so is the head unit the problem?
Is there anything that can be done to make it work or should I purchase a different dongle or maybe go for a Mobile WiFi Router?
I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out what to do next.
Also I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong section of the forum.

14th December 2018, 05:51 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Try to install moded firmware for 3372. Then u can switch your modem to ndis mode and voila.it works

I have e3372h and it works like a charm
17th December 2018, 10:11 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I did the needle method, but every guide I found on the internet either says to compile the balong utility and balong flash (I have no clue how to do it) or Linux is required. I'm on Windows 10.
Edit: It turned out the utility didn't required compiling, but even after following a guide (i can't post links) E3372 is still in HiLink mode. After running balong utility all I got is question marks in the command prompt.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)