FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

connect original car Bluetooth to Head unit

140 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By veget83, Senior Member on 14th December 2015, 04:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi my friends, today I need your help...
my car (audi a3) is complete of OEM's bluetooth handfree with audio quality more better of HU bluetooth...

my question are, is possible to connect oem audio to HU to aux in???

NOW if I use original oem bt all work fine ,but i can't hear voice incoming, maybe miss a connection from oem bt to HU

i link the original electric scheme...i found a way to bring voice call from original bt and connect to HU aux in....

thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: rar audia3.rar - [Click for QR Code] (5.32 MB, 134 views)

10th January 2016, 07:26 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag marche,italy

More
anyone help me.....

I try to connect original audi sound output to HU audio input (rca) (like a photo below), but i ear only a noise.... can't find the audio signal of original audi bluethoot... any ideas my friends?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gabconn.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	3605589  
11th January 2016, 12:20 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
I would be interested to know if this can be done.
11th January 2016, 04:03 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
i have same problem

know you whic is the mute connector
in the our head units?
18th January 2016, 11:12 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag marche,italy

More
I solved the first part of problem:

In the picture below can see the original electric scheme of original Audi radio (concert III) , there are 2 pin "tel+" and "tel-" ... Simply connect tel+ to hu audio in left and tel- to audio in right.... All work!!!!!

Now the problem are
1- can I use the "mute " cable ( from original Audi connector ) to switch HU to avin when there are a call incoming??

2- the " mode" button on my steering wheel at the same time switch input from HU and conctacs from Audi oem Bluetooth.... Can I change the mode button with another button (example the voice command button now is unused in my steering wheel...) ??
Is very important to find a fast way to switch HU to AVIN when there are a call incoming!!!

Thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453158716731.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	3614675

Inviato dal mio HTC One_M8 utilizzando Tapatalk
22nd January 2016, 01:02 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag marche,italy

More
The button "voice command" are assigned to Bluetooth by mcu...
I could change it to AV IN... but the mtc keys don't work...
I have write in the script file:

App_69=com.microntek.avin

But nothing
Any ideas???

Inviato dal mio HTC One_M8 utilizzando Tapatalk
6th May 2019, 01:10 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sorry to resurrect a very old post, I'm sure the OP has long since changed his vehicle but it may be of use to some current owners.

A much simpler and logical solution would be to use a Parrot SOT cable and splice in the Tel+, Tel-, plus Mute cables from the redundant red 10 pin ISO Audi connector, since these work in the same way and you would get full muting and call audio without any app switching.

It is probably best to code out the Audi lady voice activation with VCDS. If you use Android Auto Google Assistant should work to place the call better. You get the added benefit of full DIS display (for phone only) and answer/hang up on the steering wheel too. Whether the bluetooth quality is better I am not sure, since these Audi bluetooth phone preps are pretty old now - I have the full prep in my car and before I installed an Xtrons I remember it working well with good call quality but the lady didn't hear too good at times.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)