FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][RK3188] MTCFlatRadio - Modified MTC Radio App

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 40

By pathfinder78, Member on 15th August 2016, 09:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just bought an Android Radio from Pumpkin (Model RQ0264). So, I'm quite satisified with the device itself from technical point of view. The original radio app is also usable, but the user interface is a color mix and not really nice to see in my opinion. So I decided to change the skin because the radio app is used 95% of my time in the car and this is also the app which is visible at the start of the device.

Following improvements:
- The main information is now centered on the screen: Station name or frequence, Radio text and PTY information.
- Presets at the bottom
- Radio frequence search and selection at the top
This version is intented to be clean and not overloaded with useless features. So the modded version doesn't include the following features of the original app:
- No extra list for all stored programs (available in the original app right to the 6 round station buttons)
- No PTY list (Who is using this?)
- No circular frequence indicator, only the linear one. I don't see a reason to have double information.

This radio app should work on RK3188 models. To install this, you have to replace the original app. This is only possible on a rooted device or on a device with a modified custom ROM (e.g. Malaysk ROM).
For MTCB/MTCC devices there is a Bluetooth app from me in similar design available: MTCFlatBluetooth

Changes:

v1.00 (22.Aug 2016, stable, only MTCB/MTCC devices)
- works on both resolutions

v1.01 (20.Sep2016, MTCD, for test purposes)
- improved frequence bar
- seems to be working well so far, please report bugs because I don't own this kind of device

v1.02 (21.Sep2016, MTCB/MTCC, for test purposes)
- improved frequence bar
- stereo indicator added
- TP indicator (traffic program) added
- numberic input of frequences added (see screenshots)
- tested on 1024x600 device, needs to be tested on 800x480. I created one layout file for both resolutions to simplify further updates for all device types. You could see some differences in comparison to v1.00 - please check.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-09-21-20-19-49.jpg
Views:	19828
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	3882301   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-09-21-20-19-30.jpg
Views:	19766
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	3882305   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-09-21-20-18-23.jpg
Views:	19664
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	3882306  
Attached Files
File Type: apk MTCFlatRadio_MTCB_1.00.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1,007.2 KB, 2382 views)
File Type: apk MTCFlatRadio_MTCD_1.01.apk - [Click for QR Code] (627.1 KB, 2442 views)
File Type: apk MTCFlatRadio_MTCB_1.02.apk - [Click for QR Code] (775.0 KB, 7290 views)
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to pathfinder78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pathfinder78 Ad-Free

17th August 2016, 09:14 AM |#2  
Flag Le Mans
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi.
First, sorry for my bad english

Thanks for your apk. It works on my new MTCC (not installed yet) head unit.
It's the only one i found on XDA that works well. Others do crash the launcher

My model :
S07
MTCC-KLD6-V2.91
1024x600

I have only one issu, which is not really a problem, it's about the freqency bar : i show only the fm 65-90Mhz instead 875-107 regardless the setting of the headunit.

Best regards.
17th August 2016, 09:53 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Berlin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipouce

Hi.
I have only one issu, which is not really a problem, it's about the freqency bar : i show only the fm 65-90Mhz instead 875-107 regardless the setting of the headunit.

Thanks for your feedback. I found the issue in my apk file and uploaded it now. Could you please test the updated version "2016-08-17 MTCFlatRadio.apk", if the problem with the frequence bar is solved now?
17th August 2016, 11:18 PM |#4  
Flag Le Mans

More
Hi,

Good job. the frequency bar issu is solved as you can see in the video.

https://youtu.be/hQVzHPDVpmE

But maybe you could take a look at the scrolling text : for the long line of text, the restart of the scrolling is not natural and "it stings a bit the eyes" (sorry, that's a french expression = that's a bit annoying).

But apart this little issu, your app is very nice as it is.

Best regards.
18th August 2016, 11:46 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Berlin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipouce

Hi,
But maybe you could take a look at the scrolling text : for the long line of text, the restart of the scrolling is not natural and "it stings a bit the eyes"

Thanks for the video. It seems that the radio text is updated several times and if it is so, the text is starting from the beginning and break the smooth scrolling. The only solution I have is to remove the scrolling. If the radio text is too long, the text will be wrapped to an additional line now.
The Following User Says Thank You to pathfinder78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pathfinder78 Ad-Free
19th August 2016, 07:17 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi @pathfinder78

Really like the look of it but I don't have a head unit with that resolution

Any chance you could make this for 800x600 resolution?
19th August 2016, 08:42 AM |#7  
Flag Le Mans

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinder78

Thanks for the video. It seems that the radio text is updated several times and if it is so, the text is starting from the beginning and break the smooth scrolling. The only solution I have is to remove the scrolling. If the radio text is too long, the text will be wrapped to an additional line now.

Hi pathfinder78,

Thanks for your job on the mod.
Now, all works good for me.

Best regards.
19th August 2016, 02:17 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Installed it last night. looks good, but all I get is static on all stations. I tried changing the frequency in the settings to both America 1 and 2 and nothing has changed.
19th August 2016, 02:32 PM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Berlin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettn

Installed it last night. looks good, but all I get is static on all stations. I tried changing the frequency in the settings to both America 1 and 2 and nothing has changed.

What does it mean 'static on all stations'? Could you explain the problem more in detail, please? Is the frequency search not working (arrow button left and right) or can't you switch between different frequency bands?

Gesendet von meinem Mi-4c mit Tapatalk
19th August 2016, 02:34 PM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Berlin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdog720

Hi @pathfinder78

Really like the look of it but I don't have a head unit with that resolution

Any chance you could make this for 800x600 resolution?

Maybe on the next update I can also include the lower resolution. But it will take some time.

19th August 2016, 02:44 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinder78

What does it mean 'static on all stations'? Could you explain the problem more in detail, please? Is the frequency search not working (arrow button left and right) or can't you switch between different frequency bands?

no radio stations come in at all. just noise. as if there was no antenna attached to the radio. I can scan or manually select stations. I loaded the original radio app back and the stations are working again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)