FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

MTCB/MTCC rk3188 (5.1.1) Firmware with an xposed set of MTC apps

391 posts
Thanks Meter: 139

By Johny DJ, Senior Member on 14th August 2017, 11:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Based on latest LOLLIPOP with MICRO GAPS and OPEN GAPS 1024 x 600 and 800 x 480 from @dsa8310.
Sharing with you my custom modified rom with LP image.

UPDATE 29.8.2017:
MicroG version: 1024 x 600 and 800 x 480
- added screen saver with speed, clock and apps shortcut ported from well known developer @Malaysk (null null still present)
(if someone need: screen saver in the attachement - replace with root explorer: system - app - mtcscreenclock
MTCScreenClock (round)
- 1024 x 600 resolutions has different radio and bluetooth apk
- included all xposed modules and fast google maps
- remember to enable all xposed modules and copy folder contents to external gps card!!!
Enjoy

UPDATE: 3.9.2017 LINKS UP 2019
microGaps version:
Lite 1024x600 microG version.
openGaps version:
Lite 1024 x 600 openG version.
Lite 800 x 480 openG version.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________
- LITE version of system
- added xposed status bar module for remove status bar items (copy mtc-status bar to external GPS Card)
- new screen saver without null null text (if doesn't show install it manually from: system/app/mtcscreensaver)
- removed all the bloatware callendar, calculator etc...
- added a lot of tweaks to speed the units with 1gb ram
- added new car launcher AG (trial) for me the best - full version 1€
- new xposed mtc manager 2.5 module

LITE VERSION OPTIMIZATIONS:
- kernel tweaks (changed parameters of dalvik vm etc,...)
- better ram management
- faster scrolling
- faster boot
- better responsiveness
- increased performance and app ram management
- better video acceleration
- disable sending android logging stuff
- force gpu&cpu rendering
System now uses less than 470 Mb of ram

BEFORE YOU START:
1. With disable service app find google play store and disable the first 5 services from top including DailyHygiene.
2. Login to MicroG
3. In microG settings enable google device registration
4. Clear data on Google playstore or clear from recents
5. Enjoy fast 5.1.11. playstore (if not showing paid apps just restart HU)

MTCB MCU USERS
- DSA's mtcxp xposed module has to be enabled before the status bar will show.

PREINSTALLED APPS and MODULES:
All these apps and xposed modules are preinstalled and you just have to activate xposed modules you need:
- disable_service
- google-maps-9.2 (you can update it just install as normal apk)
- mtcservice-2.60
- mtcsound-2.0.5 (remove from xposed if you don't have sound mod for better performance)
- mtcxp-1.0
- quickreboot
- RootExplorer
- Titanium_Backup
- xposed-disablefullscreenkeyboard
- xposed-mtc-bt-2.3
- xposed-mtc-keys-5.2 (custom keys for harware buttons)
- xposed-mtc-manager-2.5 (mode button mod and no closing apps when starting the car, etc.)
- xposed-mtc-music-2.8
- xposed-mtc-poweramp-1.4 (working media keys and stopping power amp when mtc app is started)
- xposed-mtc-radio-1.11
- xposed-VolumeBar (replaces original volume bar)
- 7th floor sound mod preinstalled and working

OTHER ADDITIONS: (included in download to copy on external SD (GPS card)
There is also file to copy on SD card (GPS card) that has features for MTCManager:
- hardware mode button can be configured (included in download) as well to switch between apps and auto play them (radio, poweramp, music, pcradio etc)
- mtc screen clock
- mtc status bar

DISABLING THE SCREEN SAVER OR CHANGING TIME:
Edit on external SD/ GPS-Card : Mtc.Manager/settings.ini
# the inclusion of an alternative screen saver, when you specify false will work full-time mechanism:
screenClock=false or true to activate
# Time off the screen if you do not set out full-time settings will be used in sec:
screenTimeout=300
# The name of the screensaver program package
screenPackage=com.microntek.screenclock
# Name Activiti screensaver
screenClass=MainActivity
# If the name of the package and Activiti is not specified, it will use a standard screensaver

MTC MANAGER CAPABILITIES:
capabilities
All configuration files must be on the external map in the mtc-manager directory.
1. The module carries the functionality of xposed-mcu , which does not allow the radio to go to sleep during the scrolling of the starter.

- when receiving a signal to turn off the module delays for 5 seconds, if at that moment the power reappears, nothing happens, in the absence of power, the radio recovers into sleep.

Due to the features of the implementation of the inclusion in our MCU, the screen goes out for the time of voltage failure.
This functionality can be disabled in settings.ini:
Settings.ini
Mcu_power = false
2. The module has a white list of applications that does not allow the system to close necessary services and applications when going to sleep and when pressing the "Acceleration" button in the blind. Thus, the module allows to refuse from using mtc-wakeup-service .
Filename with exceptions whitelist.ini
The file name of the white list application packages must be listed.
#
example
3. Accelerated start of user services. The services are started when the system kernel is loaded.
The list of services should be on the external map in the mtc-manager directory, the file name start_services.ini
each line should contain the service name in the format package name / full service name,
#
example
4. An alternative screensaver with a list of exceptions, running in any (even a non-standard application). The standard screen saver mechanism is activated.
It may not work on all firmware.
Settings in the settings.ini file.
Settings.ini
# Inclusion of an alternative screensaver, if false, the standard mechanism will work:
screenClock = true
# screen off time, if not specified, the value from the
default settings will be used: screenTimeout = 60
# screen saver program name
screenPackage = com.microntek.screenclock
# screen saver activation name
ScreenClass = MainActivity
# if the package name and activations are not specified, then the standard screensaver will be used
The exception list is located in the ss_exceptions.ini file - the package names must be listed, for example:
Ss_exceptions.ini
com.microntek.music
ru.yandex.yandexmaps
Also the screensaver will not start when talking on the phone, the rear view camera, navigation and turning off the radio.
If instead of a beautiful clock MTCSreenClock.apk a screensaver with a standard digital clock on a black background is called, you need to make sure that the MTCScreenClock application is installed.
If the application is installed, you can try setting screenPackage and screenClass parameters in settings.ini
5. Also in the module there is a "backup" for correct sound adjustment in MTC-Volume and MTC-Service .
#
The adjustment of sound in firmware on Android 4.4.4
6. Re-designation of OBD-device bluetooth.
Device names must be listed in the settings.ini file in obd_device parameter, separated by commas, in the form in which they are visible in the standard hands-free application. You can specify not names, but parts of names, for example:
Settings.ini
Obd_device = OBD, DUAL-SPP
7. Set the list of programs that are switched by the MODE button,
In settings.ini, set
Settings.ini
ModeSwitch = true
Programs are switched sequentially one after the other.
For correct sound switching, the applications used must be managed (play / pause) programmatically via intents. If the player does not support the start and stop playback of external intents, then you have to manually switch the sound.
When you click on the MODE button, the active application is searched for in the running list. Next, the application is sent a command (configurable in mode.ini) to close or pause the audio stream. After that, the default activation for the next application is launched and the application is sent a command to start playback (also configured in mode.ini)
#
Mode.ini
8. Disable the launch of the last running program.
Settings.ini
Clear_last_app = true
9. GPS time synchronization.
Settings.ini
Sync_gps_time = true
10. Turn on w-fi at startup.
Settings.ini
Wifi.on = true

Paypal:
https://paypal.me/johnydj?locale.x=en_US
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8518.jpg
Views:	9588
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	4250750  
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Johny DJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Johny DJ Ad-Free

14th August 2017, 02:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hello,
Please help me a little, it was a more than one year since I updated my fw.
How do I update to this firmware, I forgot the procedure?
Is it clean install, all apps/data are going to be wiped and must be installed again?
Is there a way to backup current firmware/apps, like twrp image or something (in case something goes wrong)?
Thank you
14th August 2017, 02:49 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grgart

Hello,
Please help me a little, it was a more than one year since I updated my fw.
How do I update to this firmware, I forgot the procedure?
Is it clean install, all apps/data are going to be wiped and must be installed again?
Is there a way to backup current firmware/apps, like twrp image or something (in case something goes wrong)?
Thank you

Backup with titanium backup all your apps you want.
wipe data/factory reset from recovery, then flash the image with clear all
With titanium backup restore your apps back, thats it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Johny DJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Johny DJ Ad-Free
16th August 2017, 04:52 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
hi johnny,
would like to check if u manage to solve these issues of
1. xposed volume bar in the center of screen instead of bottom
2. misaligned apps buttons in mtcbluetooth mtcwheelstudy etc.
thank you in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to jun81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jun81 Ad-Free
16th August 2017, 05:17 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jun81

hi johnny,
would like to check if u manage to solve these issues of
1. xposed volume bar in the center of screen instead of bottom
2. misaligned apps buttons in mtcbluetooth mtcwheelstudy etc.
thank you in advance

1. Did you activate xposed mtc manager module in xposed app ?
2. Can you post picture, I didn't experienced this issue on my unit using the same image...
3. Please note this is 1024 x 600 resolution image...flashing on 800 x 480 can couse this issues you have...
The Following User Says Thank You to Johny DJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Johny DJ Ad-Free
16th August 2017, 05:33 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Will post pic once I get a chance. Had no problem with gui using the dsa's last dec 5.1.1 rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to jun81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jun81 Ad-Free
17th August 2017, 06:50 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jun81

Will post pic once I get a chance. Had no problem with gui using the dsa's last dec 5.1.1 rom.

I added screen saver in latest version. But still don't know why you have problems with resolution. I can upload stock apps and you can try if there is also problem or not...
18th August 2017, 09:20 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
What are the performance benefits from the dsa8310 rom on a 1gb ram headunit?
I'm currently running dsa8310 latest 5.1.1. on my 1gb headunit. What sort of advantages will I see if I flash to your rom?
18th August 2017, 05:28 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,462

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iselfdevi

What are the performance benefits from the dsa8310 rom on a 1gb ram headunit?
I'm currently running dsa8310 latest 5.1.1. on my 1gb headunit. What sort of advantages will I see if I flash to your rom?

Hard to say without knowing the exact version of his ROM youre running currently, but generally its a good idea to update the software as it is on any computer/smartphone/tablet. You shouldnt have to wipe data if youre already using it.

Read the thread to see the improvements that have been made recently - he lists them all.
18th August 2017, 06:16 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Waiting for the 800 x 480 version !
20th August 2017, 10:39 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by champikasam

Waiting for the 800 x 480 version !