1,435 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,139

By Malaysk, Senior Member on 7th June 2016, 04:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th August 2018, 05:47 AM |#1761  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
can anyone tell me what I can do?
I do not think this problem is only on my device, there will also be a solution,
then friends, please give me some help.

1st November 2018, 02:06 AM |#1762  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
5.1.1 on this device, is it working ?
Hi, 5.1.1 on this device, is it working ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagge89

Hi.
I've an Eonon GA5153F ( custom Fit for VW ) with
Android 4.4.4
MCU : MTCB-ZD-V2.83
CPU : RK-3188
RAM : 1GB.
Resolution : 800x480

As you can read up i actually have Android 4.4.4.... so can i install this ROM or i had to install this one https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=6748 ?

If i can install the ROM of this thread, the last one ROM Android 5.1 for RK3188 800x480 was made on 26 October 2016 (https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=860 )? And is it stable?

I have also some questions :
1) some apps have only the viewing vertical and the stock ROM don't allow to see perfectly the app ( for example half app screen cannot be seen and scrolled) in this ROM i can make?
2) have this ROM the possibility of PIP ( Picture in Picture) or the Multiwindows ?
3) my Eonon (GA5153F) is a custom FIT for VW GOLF, so i have canbus. With Maleysk ROM the CANBUS continue to work well?
Thanks a lot

12th November 2018, 08:53 AM |#1763  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franckspike

Hi, 5.1.1 on this device, is it working ?

Hi.
Yes it works, but the 5.1 is too much heavy for the MTCB head unit...unfortunately we should stay at 4.4 ... 5.1 lagga, freezes, it takes too many minutes to open each app (Play Store and Maps in particular)
Yesterday evening I was also stuck to the loop (after about 4 months of use with this ROM).
At this point I think I will return to the normal 4.4 without a root of wisdom I will not be able to put Netflix
28th November 2018, 01:57 PM |#1764  
Thanks Meter: 201

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagge89

Hi.
Yes it works, but the 5.1 is too much heavy for the MTCB head unit...unfortunately we should stay at 4.4 ... 5.1 lagga, freezes, it takes too many minutes to open each app (Play Store and Maps in particular)
Yesterday evening I was also stuck to the loop (after about 4 months of use with this ROM).
At this point I think I will return to the normal 4.4 without a root of wisdom I will not be able to put Netflix

I upgraded to 5.1.1, bought the app ROEHSOFT RAM Expander (SWAP) and added a 1GB swap file. Also install microGApps, you should be fine, but upgrading the MTCB board to 2GB is the best solution - I'm still researching this myself. I am happy with my radio on 5.1.1 with the setup I did. Another thing is try not to run a lot of TSR (terminate and stay ready) apps. Any Xposed modules not necessary could also be avoided... i.e. if the volume look is not critical for you, remove the xposed module, also the radio station name, and a few other modules that you can live without. There is more to gain than to lose but the 2GB upgrade is definitely the best solution in addition to the swap file, microGApps and removing all the modules and TSR apps. That would just make it awesome.
30th November 2018, 10:25 PM |#1765  

More
I need to:

Remove from status bar: sleep moon icon, GPS icon, speaker icon, square with x icon, and 3g/clular icon

Change boot animation
11th December 2018, 02:31 AM |#1766  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Rk3188 mtcc-kdl4
Hi, I am looking for a firmware to my Pumpkin Head Unit.

Model Number: S07
MCU version: MTCC-KLD4-V3.06
Android version: 5.1.1 (1024*600)
Kernel version: 30.0.101 [email protected]
Build number: RK3188
CPU: ARM [email protected](x4)

Thanks
27th April 2019, 03:53 PM |#1767  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i want 5.1.1 for RK3188 1024X600 with official Google services
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	https___serving.photos.photobox.com_90879208042e658349c9f466a4972a280f6642b363f20664ecdd71adef23.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	4749747   Click image for larger version

Name:	https___serving.photos.photobox.com_24641538784f6c9ea8b0ee66ade8eaf87fd2acd5c4463a1a608d9670c64e.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	4749748  
4th May 2019, 10:35 AM |#1768  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i update from 4.4.4 to 5.1.1 rom Malaysk >>>>>>>>>> Now i want to downgrade to 4.4.4 <<<<<<<< the rom very slow in 1 GB ram ?????????? i want downgrade ? how

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaysk

New from October 29, 2016. Firmware №5 for 800X480 and 1024X600
Strongly recommend to do after installation recovery Wipe Data (penultimate paragraph) because it has changed the location of the system software in the partition is not the system (now all the additional applications and launchers safely removed from the Settings -. Applications if you do not need)

Android base on September 20, 2016
Recovery replaced by android 4.4 firmware to be installed on all devices 3188 MTCC and MTCB (Need checking)
1. Fixed the choice for a navigation app. Now after selecting a program, it will be immediately started.
2. All additional programs and launchers can now be removed by standard methods in Settings - Applications.
3. In the status bar adds a new icon (the moon) to start Screensaver. Customize it possible to program ScrinseverClock (the clock itself, color, size, weather display, etc.)
4. Module for Xposed MalayskStatusBar removed.
5. Added new module for Xposed - mtc-statusbar (do not forget to activate it in the Xposed). Settings are in his mtc-statusbar folder and are called status_bar.ini.
This folder must be copied to the SD card sd_external (GPS sd card). The folder is included in the archive. Here are his settings that you can configure:

status_bar.ini

Code:
[hide]
# Show/Hide entire the StatusBar
# Показать/Скрыть весь статусбар
# true - Hide : false - Show
# true - Скрыть : false - Показать
status_bar=false
#--------------------------------------------------
# Show/Hide Home button
# Показать/Скрыть кнопку Домой
home=true
# Show/Hide app
# Показать/Скрыть приложения
app=false
# Show/Hide screenshot button
# Показать/Скрыть кнопку Скриншота
screenshot=false
# Show/Hide Back button
# Показать/Скрыть кнопку Назад
back=true
# Show/Hide volume panel
# Показать/Скрыть иконку громкости
volume=true
# Show/Hide eject DVD icon
# Показать/Скрыть иконку выдвижения DVD диска
eject=true
# Show/Hide screen brightness icon in statusbar
# Показать/Скрыть иконку затемнения экрана
screenbrightness=true
# Power icon
# Иконка Перезагрузки
syslock=false
# Show/Hide screensaver button
# Показать/Скрыть иконку Заставки (Луна) в СтатусБаре
deskclock=false
# Show/Hide name of the running program
# Показать/Скрыть название запущенной программы
notification_lights_out=false
# Show/Hide icons running services in statusbar
# Показать/Скрыть иконки запущенных сервисов
notificationIcons=false
# Show/Hide system icons (eg WiFi, GPS, 3G and other)
# Показать/Скрыть системные иконки ( например WiFi, GPS, 3G и других )
system_icon_area=false

6. Added the latest jetAudio peredelany me completely. (Can be removed in the Settings - Applications)
7. Removed hidden Root access and have the latest SuperSU (some programs incorrectly worked with hidden as root)
12. Fixed replacing the system font in Settings - System - Select the font.
13. Added support Init.d

+ Fixed speed work by GPS widget
+ Fixed speed work by GPS Screensaver
+ Fixed 3G modems
+ Added support of 7floor direct control of sound (in the OEM application has mtcsound_7floor.apk )
In Copy_TO_SD_External folder (GPS Card) - From KM - are the folders to display the speed in kilometers per hour
In Copy_TO_SD_External folder (GPS Card) - From MPH - are the folders to display the speed in MPH (American format)
Setting display Weather in skrinsever - Settings - Settings Weather.
+ Other fixes.

The firmware has not been tested by me !!! To make everything on your own risk.
Download for 800x480: https://yadi.sk/d/OzlyiF81xoPDw
Download for 1024x600: https://yadi.sk/d/SydudhsbxpAoL
If you like
my firmware and think that I'm wasting a lot of time to improve the firmware, then click on the "Donate to Me"

Instructions for connecting the Xposed modules - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=831

7th May 2019, 01:29 PM |#1769  

More
I found yet a better solution, while it's not probably the best for many of you, I found it to be good, and allows me to use my HU on 5.1.1 and possibly on 7 if it gets ported.

1. I got rid of Ram Expander and Speed Up Swap, it was still a bit laggy with any of these.
2. I left the stock Gogole services so I would say all my apps work, BUT (and here was the trick that helped a LOT)
3. I disabled SYSTEM UI from starting.

Only things I can't do or I have to do are:

1. I can't use some bluetooth features, but I haven't found anything besides Torque that I was using with bluetooth, which I use on my phone anyways, much more convenient. I can use USB devices, so an OBD-II connected via USB will work fine. Phone calls and bluetooth audio still works.
2. I can't see the status bar (no clock or notification, they interrupt when you are listening to music or navigation. and for clock I use ModCar launcher and go to the home screen to see the time and use steering wheel, hardware buttons and soft buttons instead of notification bar buttons)
3. I have to manually update apps on Google Play store once a week. The rest I don't care much about, which I can't think of any right now. And Play Store updates and annoying all the time, do it once a week like on a saturday while you wash your car is a lot more convenient.
4. Even though it works, I ditched Google Maps, it would slow down my HU even without SYSTEM UI and installed Offline Maps & Navigation (free) and when I want traffic information or best routes I tether the HU, which I normally do anyways to listen to Youtube Music or any other streaming service.

It actually works even faster than 4.4.4 so imagine 4.4.4 without SYSTEM UI enabled, should be a lightning fast OS!

Take my advice, I have 3 of these MTCB head units I bought back in 2013 and unfortunately they weren't $200-$300 back then, they were $500 a pop, so yeah, swapping them is not an option.
7th May 2019, 01:34 PM |#1770  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4f1050

I found yet a better solution, while it's not probably the best for many of you, I found it to be good, and allows me to use my HU on 5.1.1 and possibly on 7 if it gets ported.

1. I got rid of Ram Expander and Speed Up Swap, it was still a bit laggy with any of these.
2. I left the stock Gogole services so I would say all my apps work, BUT (and here was the trick that helped a LOT)

1. I can't use some bluetooth features, but I haven't found anything besides Torque that I was using with bluetooth. Phone calls and bluetooth audio still works.
2. I can't see the status bar (no clock or notification, they interrupt when you are listening to music or navigation. and for clock I use ModCar launcher and go to it to see the time and use steering wheel, hardware buttons and softbuttons instead of notification buttons)
3. I have to manually update apps on Google Play store once a week. The rest I don't care much about.
4. Even though it works, I ditched Google Maps, it would slow down my HU even without SYSTEM UI and installed Offline Maps & Navigation and when I want traffic info I tether the HU, which I normally do anyways to listen to Youtube Music or any other streaming service.

It actually works even faster than 4.4.4 so imagine 4.4.4 without SYSTEM UI enabled, should be a lightning fast OS!

Take my advice, I have 3 of these MTCB head units I bought back in 2013 and unfortunately they weren't $200-$300 back then, they were $500 a pop, so yeah, swapping them is not an option.

Can you explain how to make the ram expander please? only install?
7th May 2019, 01:42 PM |#1771  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramolitero

Can you explain how to make the ram expander please? only install?

I stopped using it, it didn't help much. But yes, it's an app.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4f1050

1. I can't use some bluetooth features, but I haven't found anything besides Torque that I was using with bluetooth, which I use on my phone anyways, much more convenient. I can use USB devices, so an OBD-II connected via USB will work fine. Phone calls and bluetooth audio still works.
2. I can't see the status bar (no clock or notification, they interrupt when you are listening to music or navigation. and for clock I use ModCar launcher and go to the home screen to see the time and use steering wheel, hardware buttons and soft buttons instead of notification bar buttons)
3. I have to manually update apps on Google Play store once a week. The rest I don't care much about, which I can't think of any right now. And Play Store updates and annoying all the time, do it once a week like on a saturday while you wash your car is a lot more convenient.
4. Even though it works, I ditched Google Maps, it would slow down my HU even without SYSTEM UI and installed Offline Maps & Navigation (free) and when I want traffic information or best routes I tether the HU, which I normally do anyways to listen to Youtube Music or any other streaming service.

Forgot to mention, I have a Huawei 4G LTE USB modem that works REALLY GOOD if you can afford to add another line to your T-Mobile unlimited plan, this is a great add-on. I stopped using it because it is cheaper to just tether. :-/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)