Thanks Meter: 5,149

By Malaysk, Senior Member on 7th June 2016, 04:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th May 2019, 01:42 PM |#1771  
Thanks Meter: 201

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramolitero

Can you explain how to make the ram expander please? only install?

I stopped using it, it didn't help much. But yes, it's an app.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4f1050

I found yet a better solution, while it's not probably the best for many of you, I found it to be good, and allows me to use my HU on 5.1.1 and possibly on 7 if it gets ported.

1. I got rid of Ram Expander and Speed Up Swap, it was still a bit laggy with any of these.
2. I left the stock Gogole services so I would say all my apps work, BUT (and here was the trick that helped a LOT)
3. I disabled SYSTEM UI from starting.

Only things I can't do or I have to do are:

1. I can't use some bluetooth features, but I haven't found anything besides Torque that I was using with bluetooth, which I use on my phone anyways, much more convenient. I can use USB devices, so an OBD-II connected via USB will work fine. Phone calls and bluetooth audio still works.
2. I can't see the status bar (no clock or notification, they interrupt when you are listening to music or navigation. and for clock I use ModCar launcher and go to the home screen to see the time and use steering wheel, hardware buttons and soft buttons instead of notification bar buttons)
3. I have to manually update apps on Google Play store once a week. The rest I don't care much about, which I can't think of any right now. And Play Store updates and annoying all the time, do it once a week like on a saturday while you wash your car is a lot more convenient.
4. Even though it works, I ditched Google Maps, it would slow down my HU even without SYSTEM UI and installed Offline Maps & Navigation (free) and when I want traffic information or best routes I tether the HU, which I normally do anyways to listen to Youtube Music or any other streaming service.

It actually works even faster than 4.4.4 so imagine 4.4.4 without SYSTEM UI enabled, should be a lightning fast OS!

Take my advice, I have 3 of these MTCB head units I bought back in 2013 and unfortunately they weren't $200-$300 back then, they were $500 a pop, so yeah, swapping them is not an option.

Forgot to mention, I have a Huawei 4G LTE USB modem that works REALLY GOOD if you can afford to add another line to your T-Mobile unlimited plan, this is a great add-on. I stopped using it because it is cheaper to just tether. :-/

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)