Thanks Meter: 119

By hotaudio, Member on 18th March 2017, 06:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd May 2018, 04:51 PM |#1301  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demetry14

Get a Dev options app from the play store, I've changed my doing since first getting my unit.

Just installed one of those apps and I am now able to access the developer options and change the DPI, thanks again! Unfortunately, the @hotaudio ‘Blue UI’ launcher still isn’t displaying correctly; everything just displays smaller. I guess they rely purely on screen resolution instead of DPI.

23rd May 2018, 04:57 PM |#1302  
Thanks Meter: 597

More
So change launcher to any more commercial one (nova launcher...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorisvervuurt

Just installed one of those apps and I am now able to access the developer options and change the DPI, thanks again! Unfortunately, the @hotaudio ‘Blue UI’ launcher still isn’t displaying correctly; everything just displays smaller. I guess they rely purely on screen resolution instead of DPI.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
23rd May 2018, 05:55 PM |#1303  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:

I started using the free version, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...es.carlauncher and ended up buying it before the dev did a revamp and made it better. You may want to check it out.
23rd May 2018, 05:58 PM |#1304  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demetry14

I started using the free version, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...es.carlauncher and ended up buying it before the dev did a revamp and made it better. You may want to check it out.

I'll check that one out as well. I'm currently using CarWebGuru as the launcher.
24th May 2018, 08:24 AM |#1305  
Flag BA
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Does anybody have trouble installing the latest Oreo OTA: Blue UI HA_PX5_8.0_ota(20180516)?

For me it stops on "Installing system update" in the middle (waited 20 min and it didn't move further), when flashing through recovery it stays on "Patching system image unconditionally..."
24th May 2018, 11:16 AM |#1306  
Thanks Meter: 1,514

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ah, I see what you mean.
But... I don’t think that’s the problem to be honest. The screen resolution is correct everywhere (also shows ‘px5(800x480)’ in the ‘Model’ part of the system information settings page).

The only problem is that in the ‘Blue UI’ launcher, the buttons are ‘cramped’ together and the text below them isn’t readable. For now I’ll just use a different launcher, though of course I hope @hotaudio will update the ‘Blue UI’ launcher to support my device’s 800x480 resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikerg

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Exactly, just use a different launcher, there are also lots of other HCT launchers available.
24th May 2018, 01:37 PM |#1307  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0sTi

Does anybody have trouble installing the latest Oreo OTA: Blue UI HA_PX5_8.0_ota(20180516)?

For me it stops on "Installing system update" in the middle (waited 20 min and it didn't move further), when flashing through recovery it stays on "Patching system image unconditionally..."

Went just fine here, though I did check the 'Wipe data and format flash!' checkbox in the update popup.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by typos1

Exactly, just use a different launcher, there are also lots of other HCT launchers available.

No offense... but jeez, did you guys read my previous posts? I'm already using a different launcher, but I just like the look of the 'Blue UI' @hotaudio launcher and hope they update their code to support 800x480. Besides, where can I download the APKs for the other HCT launchers, as you mention they are available but I can't find them anywhere.
24th May 2018, 10:36 PM |#1308  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I installed the latest MCU and blue UI firmware In a https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dasa...847751636.html . Everything went good but the Google play app exist in the system downloading the updates but the shortcut is missing and I cannot use it. How to solve it?
25th May 2018, 05:36 AM |#1309  
Flag BA

More
Quote:

Went just fine here, though I did check the 'Wipe data and format flash!' checkbox in the update popup.

Tried that but still the same result, installation pauses in the middle and does not move...

The GS update: GS_PX5_8.0_(20180517), installs without any problem though
25th May 2018, 04:42 PM |#1310  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0sTi

Tried that but still the same result, installation pauses in the middle and does not move...

The GS update: GS_PX5_8.0_(20180517), installs without any problem though

That’s weird indeed...
May I ask where you found the GS update file (and how does the launcher look)?
28th May 2018, 09:54 AM |#1311  
Flag BA

More
Quote:

That’s weird indeed...
May I ask where you found the GS update file (and how does the launcher look)?

from this DB of Oreo ROMs: https://yadi.sk/d/umCvHqCDzHccr/Rock...0Android%208.0
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)