Thanks Meter: 111

By hotaudio, Member on 18th March 2017, 06:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th March 2017, 02:45 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeonfluxcapacitor

@hotaudio any chance you could give us a basic change log on these upates? What is new/fixed in 2017/03/24 ? Same goes for MCU updates. Thanks!

Heads up to any that install the 3/24 update: this one was a full wipe on my system. Had to setup again from scratch. One noticeable addition: there seems to be a "Wireless Update" option now listed with System Update / MCU Update. Not sure if this function actually works, however.
The Following User Says Thank You to droc.noles For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift droc.noles Ad-Free

25th March 2017, 02:57 PM |#22  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droc.noles

Heads up to any that install the 3/24 update: this one was a full wipe on my system. Had to setup again from scratch. One noticeable addition: there seems to be a "Wireless Update" option now listed with System Update / MCU Update. Not sure if this function actually works, however.

Wireless Update not ready yet , so far need update via SD card
The Following User Says Thank You to hotaudio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hotaudio Ad-Free
26th March 2017, 10:54 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Full wipe for me as well.

Anyway, I wanted to thank Hotaudio for the support and these updates. Please keep them coming!
27th March 2017, 08:45 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
The last update also fixed my slow Wifi issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to 93starletgt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 93starletgt Ad-Free
27th March 2017, 01:56 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93starletgt

The last update also fixed my slow Wifi issues.

That's very good to know!!! Anyone know if the update fixes the App and UI crashes on startup?
The Following User Says Thank You to dfarmer0033 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dfarmer0033 Ad-Free
27th March 2017, 07:20 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Installed latest build and MCU update. Mucho Nicero
1st April 2017, 07:58 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 870

More
I have a 2015 lancer ralliart with rockford amp. Purchased the new 10.2 unit with android 6.0 from the ebay hotaudio-store along with the canbus adapter for 2014+ vehicles.
I setup the unit like shown in various youtube videos. https://youtu.be/v5B9q_Hf8dU

I still do not get any audio. I'm going to flash the firmware update shown in the first post here and try again but am I missing some step here or configuration?

Everything is plugged in that can be plugged in (no wires were soldered or spliced either).

Below is an image of the canbus we were sent. I assume this is the correct one for a 2015 rockford system. I have the 2015 lancer ralliart.
canbus

Edit: Also, updated the system to the latest version in first post, and used that separate mcu link for 2.41 since i wasn't sure if the mcu was linked separately because the one in the rom zip was valid for this hardware. System update eventually said that the update failed once it fully booted, but i dont think it actually failed. I then flashed the mcu and that seems to have gone through fine, settings shows 2.41_1. Despite all that, still no audio.

Also, with the failed update of the 3/24 system image, my screen now flashes off periodically. Yay. Gonna try and re-flash the image and see if it goes away. It did not clear any of my settings so I assume it really did fail.

edit2: I re-flashed the firmware again (3/24) and it completed. It did not clear any user data though, and didn't ask me to delete the file afterwards. I verified in the settings app that it is running the new firmware. Everything but sound appears to be working. I tried every combination i can think of in that factory can-bus setting screen for #57 but nothing seems to work.

Also, i managed to screw up the touch menu calibration of the screen buttons (not the touch screen itself). How do you recalibrate? The settings screen says to touch the menu buttons (which i do) but it appears to have no effect. Resetting also doesn't put them at any sort of default.

My unit came with no instructions ...is there a manual? Preferrably in english.
2nd April 2017, 11:15 AM |#28  
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys. Can I use these updates in PX3 board system?
2nd April 2017, 01:23 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode

I have a 2015 lancer ralliart with rockford amp. Purchased the new 10.2 unit with android 6.0 from the ebay hotaudio-store along with the canbus adapter for 2014+ vehicles.
I setup the unit like shown in various youtube videos. https://youtu.be/v5B9q_Hf8dU

I still do not get any audio. I'm going to flash the firmware update shown in the first post here and try again but am I missing some step here or configuration?

Everything is plugged in that can be plugged in (no wires were soldered or spliced either).

Below is an image of the canbus we were sent. I assume this is the correct one for a 2015 rockford system. I have the 2015 lancer ralliart.

canbus

Edit: Also, updated the system to the latest version in first post, and used that separate mcu link for 2.41 since i wasn't sure if the mcu was linked separately because the one in the rom zip was valid for this hardware. System update eventually said that the update failed once it fully booted, but i dont think it actually failed. I then flashed the mcu and that seems to have gone through fine, settings shows 2.41_1. Despite all that, still no audio.

Also, with the failed update of the 3/24 system image, my screen now flashes off periodically. Yay. Gonna try and re-flash the image and see if it goes away. It did not clear any of my settings so I assume it really did fail.

edit2: I re-flashed the firmware again (3/24) and it completed. It did not clear any user data though, and didn't ask me to delete the file afterwards. I verified in the settings app that it is running the new firmware. Everything but sound appears to be working. I tried every combination i can think of in that factory can-bus setting screen for #57 but nothing seems to work.

Also, i managed to screw up the touch menu calibration of the screen buttons (not the touch screen itself). How do you recalibrate? The settings screen says to touch the menu buttons (which i do) but it appears to have no effect. Resetting also doesn't put them at any sort of default.

See link below - this is what was sent to me. Pretty simplistic, however, and titled for the 5.1.1 version of this head unit.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/kgam8j

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

A few notes that I've seen that possibly stem from the 3/24 update:
  • Native USB Audio works - no more wild popping clicking short of the occasional stutter when the CPU appears to get pegged. Can't confirm that this is what is happening when these few intermittent stutters occur, but that is what it appears to be. That said, I don't see a direct way to control the volume in software. USB Audio Player can control the hardware volume of my Audioquest Dragonfly, but I have to enable USB Tweak 1 to stabilize audio within this app. As expected, only audio routed directly within Android is sent to USB audio - radio, etc directly from MCU does not route through USB audio.
  • Bluetooth seems to be somewhat stabilized with Google Smart Lock not enabled for the connection between the stereo and my Pixel

Just an FYI for anyone who may be looking to get USB audio working and / or is having any issues with bluetooth connectivity.
The Following User Says Thank You to droc.noles For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift droc.noles Ad-Free
2nd April 2017, 10:25 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 870

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droc.noles

See link below - this is what was sent to me. Pretty simplistic, however, and titled for the 5.1.1 version of this head unit.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/kgam8j[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

That instruction booklet doesn't cover the factory settings page, so unfortunately wasn't very useful.

I did find out why my unit wasn't working. Bent pin in the connector. Fixed it and it's all working now.

Now my only issue is how to re-calibrate the menu buttons. I accidentally wiped them out and trying to recalibrate them doesn't seem to work. Luckily there are still soft-menu buttons at the top of the screen so it's not a huge deal.

Also to note, having the screen brightness up above 80% seems to cause the screen to flicker off. So had to keep the brightness lower to avoid that. Again, not a huge deal but the way Mitsubishi angled their stupid head unit area means i need to look for an anti-glare display cover to cut to fit this display or heavily tint the front windshield and risk the cops.
3rd April 2017, 03:13 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode

I setup the unit like shown in various youtube videos.

Hello,

I have the same unit in a 2013 Outlander with rockford amp (and the same canbus adapter). I never have sound after I've turned the car on, but I discovered when I mute sound and de-mute sound, audio comes back.
For now I have the 'speak' steering wheel button assigned to the mute function, so that I can easily mute and de-mute after the car starts.

I haven however still having problems with bluetooth (forgets devices)
and audio pops and hisses (looks like screen rendering has something to do with it)
and the tts in google maps is stuttering (seems also a problem in combination with screen rendering)

Still like it better than the original MMCS though.

Regards,
Bas van den Heuvel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to basvdheuvel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift basvdheuvel Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)